News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use/buy the mopar resto fan shroud?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 01, 2012, 05:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Saw a repl shroud for about $85 at summit racing. Anyone with experiences on this? Fit/function/etc.?

Priced right???

Thanks!

Ghoste

If you are talking about the two piece metal one, I got mine from Bill Alphin who is a member here and it is perfect.  It fits great, looks great and functions exactly as it should.

bakerhillpins

NHCharger and I saw lots of reproduction and original plastic fan shrouds at Carlisle. I think all of them were in the $120-150 range. I though that was kinda steep so $85 sounds decent.  :shruggy: :Twocents:   Was it for a 22 or 26 inch rad?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

But for a 68, is the metal one not the correct one?

ODZKing

Yep, 2 piece for the 22 same as 67 and 1 piece plastic for the 26.
From the crash manual:

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on August 01, 2012, 09:36:33 AM
If you are talking about the two piece metal one, I got mine from Bill Alphin who is a member here and it is perfect.  It fits great, looks great and functions exactly as it should.

I just went to his site and I don't see it there. Do you have a link?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I'll try to get a link. Fwiw, car is 69 w 26" rad

Thanks

Ghoste

The one you are looking at from Summit is the plastic 69 style one.  You can make it fit a 68 but if you have the original rad mount brackets I am pretty sure they have to be changed to the 69 and later style.

Ghoste

As for the metal shroud, I don't see it on his site either Bull.  Perhaps he is no longer offering them and I don't know if someone else does or not.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Ghoste on August 01, 2012, 12:39:06 PM
The one you are looking at from Summit is the plastic 69 style one.  You can make it fit a 68 but if you have the original rad mount brackets I am pretty sure they have to be changed to the 69 and later style.

My car is a 1969 w/ 26" radiator, so it will/should work. In fact, looking, I can see the studs where there was one before  :shruggy:

ODZKing

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 01, 2012, 10:31:30 AM

Thanks
Glen-ray has them.  They were around one hundred something.  And with correct part number if you are looking for that.
http://www.hemiradiators.com/

Ghoste

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 01, 2012, 12:44:33 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 01, 2012, 12:39:06 PM

My car is a 1969 w/ 26" radiator, so it will/should work. In fact, looking, I can see the studs where there was one before  :shruggy:

Ah okay, should have read the whole username instead of looking at the avatar and assuming you had a 68.  A big slap for me but it was still educational since we learned where the other style are still available right?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Got the shroud, looks like it will fit... Will give it a shot over the weekend, testing it's fit for sure...

gtx6970

Ok,
the plastic 26" fan shrouds are still avail thru Mopar - retail is right at $100
1966-1969 is 2785434
1970-71 is 2998326

It's the plastic 22" fan shrouds I no longer carry( WAY to many issues )
I can get the metal one , which is 1966-1968 only, and 22" radiator only btw , But I have not sold one in nearly 2 years so I have no plans to restock them.

myk

'Resto shroud?  I got mine from Year One some years ago, for a 440 car w/no AC.  I don't recall the price but it's an excellent piece.  Don't know anything about the Summit deals...

ODZKing

I know this place has them and I have another place bookmarked but can't find it right now.
22" 2 piece
http://www.littledetroitrestorations.com/products.asp?cat=154

Brass

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 13, 2012, 07:05:13 PM
It's the plastic 22" fan shrouds I no longer carry( WAY to many issues )

Not surprising - so I'm glad you're not carrying it.  I bought one of those plastic shrouds through Laysons and paid WAY too much for it.  One of the worst purchases ever.   

lloyd3

Now if only someone was re-popping the clutching fan and blades?  Were the 1968s the same as any other years?

Back N Black

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 01, 2012, 10:31:30 AM

Thanks

I bought mine at the dealer, it should save on shipping for ya.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 01, 2012, 05:26:01 AM
Saw a repl shroud for about $85 at summit racing. Anyone with experiences on this? Fit/function/etc.?

Priced right???

Thanks!

O.K., so it arrived, has the Pentastar on it and a Chrysler part number, but no indication which end it top or bottom  :slap: Any help appreciate  :cheers: