News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The quest is now complete - project Wall Art finished!

Started by resq302, August 16, 2012, 10:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Well, it all started about 5 or so years ago when I got a driver side door panel from Wayne Wooten that was used in the Dukes of Hazzard movie.  I figured it would be a perfect thing to get the actors to sign and make into a nice "wall art" conversation piece.  Little did I know it would soon become an obsession and develop more into just a simple wall hanging.

Over the years I had compiled signatures of the actors from the Dukes of Hazzard starting with John Schneider whom I met up in Sussex, NJ at the Franklin Sussex Automall.  Anytime I heard there was going to be an actor from the series, I would go and get the panel signed as well as some other Dukes memorbilia.  This past weekend, my family and I went down to the Dukes of Hazzard, Hazzard Homecoming event put on by Ben Jones (cooter) in Amissville, VA.  We had a blast down there and met a ton of great people.  The final signature that I needed turned out to be the closest one to me, living only 5 minutes away, yet I had to drive 6 hrs down to VA to get his signature.  Mr. Tom Wopat, better known as Luke Duke, lives in my home town yet I have never come across him in my town.  Everyone in town has seen him but me I think and I have lived there for about 4 or 5 years now.  So, hearing that him and the rest of the surviving cast was going to be at the event in VA, we decided to go.  Now that I got the last (and hardest) signature, I could mount and finish my wall art.  Here is the finished result that will go into my garage next to my charger!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Thanks to Bill Mann for having the inner door frame that would allow me to mount the door panel and other people and vendors that allowed me to get the finishing detail parts that I needed to make it look like it was an actual complete door.

Here are some close ups of the signatures also.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

I also got this finished up with Toms signature at the same time!
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very cool but I think Daisy is lying in that last one....

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Oh, I don't know about that.   :lol: She wrote that one the DVD's I had signed this time also.  The shirt she signed when she was at Chiller Theatre at the Parsippany Hilton a few years ago with John Schneider.  Maybe its just a thing she has for guys that own chargers.   :smilielol:
Brian