News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Was the truck and van tribute a good idea at the Nats?

Started by Ghoste, August 16, 2012, 07:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Now that the Nats have come and gone, was the truck tribute a worthwhile thing for them or a bust?

471_Magnum

I wasn't there, but I'm hearing the show side and tribute field was sparsely populated. The wet weather certainly played a factor.

I think they are just running out of good ideas for tribute though. Haven't heard what the tribute will be for next year, but maybe they just need to go back to anniversary years.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

GPULLER

F8-4life

I liked seeing some "adult toys" nothing wrong with that!

Ghoste

Me too but my fear in this case was the show field being over run with late model tow vehicles being passed off as tribute worthy entries.

BrianShaughnessy

I didn't notice much of anything more truck related in my free time which admittedly wasn't much.    I only ventured over to the judged side to see Geno's car and got the John and Tony free bonus.    That side looks as disorganized as the other side except for what's under the tent.

I did notice getting stuck behind lots of ford trucks trying to leave Friday and Saturday nights.   :icon_smile_angry:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

F8-4life

Some of my favorites included a nice '78 street van and a macho power wagon. Of course the little reds and warlocks are always very cool. Vintage chrysler trucks/vans represent a important role in the history, just like a cuda or coronet does. Although I could do without seeing a field full of modern dakotas...

Ghoste

Exactly, they get their turn when they become vintage too. ;D

greenpigs

I went for the sole purpose of getting parts for my 89 RC.....what a waste of time.

A couple grills for older models and a few interior pieces were all I found.

NEVER going back!

My Dad & I have been to at least a dozen Nats and decided this was the last one.

It was dead when we were there Saturday, nothing at all like say 10 years ago.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger_Dart

Yep, the weather was not real nice that weekend. We tried our best to have fun. A guy brought out a 'model' to take pics for a calendar he puts together and took a few of her with my car. Wish the hood was shut and it was dry!

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible