News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Damn Ebay

Started by Lee A, August 15, 2012, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

i just got my vectors off ebay and the guy swore up and down that they are for a 4.5 on 5 pattern well me and my little helper(3 year old son) just tried them out and the darn things wont fit its like the the bolt pattern is small then 4.5 i would need a fence post and a big hammer to pound them on :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Measure them yourself with a ruler. Outer most point of one lug hole to the middle of an opposing lug hole.

Chargen69

sounds like chevy rims

Lee A

they were very tight is there not a smaller bolt pattern for dodge then 4.5 if they were chevy it would of been sloppy on there
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

On the Chevy rim thing the lug pattern is larger. I have seen many Chevy rims sold as 4 1/2". If you measure a Chevy rim from the center of one lug to the center of another it comes up as 4 1/2" but that's the wrong way to measure lug patterns.

Chev rims won't fit either without an adapter.

69charger2002

i have had 5 on 4.75 chevy vectors. when you try one on, it will seem as if maybe 3 of the 5 lugs would fit, 2 won't quite make it. if it seems that way to you, like you need to barely drill them out to make them fit, chances are you got 5 on 4.75 vectors. if so that's pretty shady of the seller, as those go for about 1/2 the price(if that) of normal mopar vectors
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Lee A

i measured from hole to hole and it is 4.75 that makes me very angry i wish i could just find a descent set without geting whizzed there is no happy face icon to express my emotions
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Lennard

kab69440

Bolt patterns are measured from the center of one hole to a line sighted from the center of two opposing holes.     +---------I
Measuring from hole center to hole center is a guesstimated approximation.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 15, 2012, 10:27:42 PM
sounds like chevy rims

:iagree:  Likely.  BTW, they are OE stuff for 87 Buick T (GN), so there are a lot out there.  If really nice, they should be marketable to the GN crowd.  :Twocents:

Any good wheel shop should be able to drill them out at 4 1/2" :Twocents:

Lee A

Update so I still have the chevy vectors and asked the fellow for a refund but he told me no and the guy that sold them to me relisted them when he doesnt even have the rims in his hands ebay auction 190715192209 he left the same wording in but added in small print gm bolt pattern and right above it says dodge 4.5 pattern
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Chargen69

i have bought two sets from ebay over the years, both were supposed to be dodge pattern, but one was def drilled out.  sold all that crap and bought new ones when AE repoped them

ACUDANUT

Lee, I hope you get your money back. 

A383Wing

Quote from: Lee A on August 17, 2012, 11:58:21 AM
Update so I still have the chevy vectors and asked the fellow for a refund but he told me no and the guy that sold them to me relisted them when he doesnt even have the rims in his hands ebay auction 190715192209 he left the same wording in but added in small print gm bolt pattern and right above it says dodge 4.5 pattern

how did you pay for them? you could get money back if seller misrepresented the wheels..buyer protection?

Bryan

charger_fan_4ever

Since you said you got them on e bag you had to pay via paypal. Did you use your credit card threw paypal or funds from a bank account linked to paypal ? Hopefully it was a CC. If so bypass paypal and call your CC company and dispute the charge. They have been very helpful the couple times i was dooped.

Lee A

I purchased them through paypal and submitted a claim and I am sending them back Monday for a refund. What I dont understand is how ebay can let them relist them right now with out them even having them in their posession?
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

ACUDANUT

Are you out shipping both ways ?

69charger2002

check your PM's Lee A i have a set you may be interested in
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Lee A

I just have to ship them back to get my money 200 for shipping makes me sick
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Ghoste

Maybe if his auction ends before you ship them back, you can offer to ship them directly to the next customer but you charge that guy for the shipping?

ACUDANUT

Good idea Ghoste. Chances are they don't get resold..That's my luck.

ACUDANUT

You could always relist them and maybe make a buck too ?

General_01

I bought GM bolt pattern Vectors for my General years ago and then used a round file to make them fit. I just would take an equal number of swipes in each hole and then check the fit. I did that until the rim fit, then I did the next rim. It took time and patience, but they worked just fine for me after I was done.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ACUDANUT

I had a machine shop drill out a set equally for me once