News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got The Right Throttle Cable Bracket, Need the Right Cable Now...

Started by Moparman01, August 14, 2012, 06:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Thanks to the suggestion of some of the members here i went with the Mancini racing "tall throttle bracket" meant for the Performer RPM intake manifold, it puts the cable right up where it needs to be but my cable isn't even close to being long enough!! I was afraid of that, so what cable do i use? it seems like it's gonna need alot more travel length (1-2 inches maybe?) and be at least 2 or so inches longer, maybe more. So what's my best option? Here's a pic, by the looks of it i need to take the bent "U" shaped edelbrock Mopar throttle linkage adapter off the carb, other wise the cable does not line up straght.

Chryco Psycho

General_01

They are listed here. Not sure of your year, but I am sure if you call them they can help you. I didn't need to change mine, so I was lucky.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/throttlecables2.html
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Moparman01

Not sure how i missed that on Mancini's website, i looked and didn't find any cables, found them now lol. The 24" is probably right isn't it? However, i was messing around with it last night and found the OEM throttle bracket has another part to it that i did not know about that holds the cable up farther, and right inline with the Eddy throttle assembly with just a little up slope. But, my cable lacks about a 1/4" to 1/2" from reaching the carb, talk about frustrated!! I guess i have to bite the bullet and get another cable.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.