News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timing Marker/pointer question 440

Started by Chippa, August 14, 2012, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chippa

I have been spending all my spare time screwing the car back together since i have had it back at home for the last 2 weeks and even though the guys at the workshop have done a basic tune to get the car up and running i would just like ask my fellow Charger peers to shed some light on this for me....

Now i understand initial/total timing etc and me being me i want to check out for myself where the timing is sitting at as i am getting closer to taking her out for my first drive....so here is a pic of the std/stock marker for the balancer, it looks like it reads only up to 30* and if i want to set it to say 34-36 etc will i have run out of measurement to get my timing all in????

Hope its not a dumb question and any help in reading this style of pointer appreciated in advance......               
Cheers Chippa....P.S car starts fine just want to check it out  :cheers: 

Chryco Psycho

2 ways to do this , measure 2 3/8" clockwise & put a second mark there , that is 36* so when it line up @ zero the timing is set @ 36* . The second way is to get an adjustable timing light ,this will allow you to zero the timing line & tell you where the timing is at .

Chippa

Ok so This is my first foray into the Mopar world as far as engines go...in the pic and on the right side where there is a raised bump at the top of the elongated hole,this zero yes ???

Then i can measure back the required distance as stated from the left of centre and this should get me in the ballpark of 36*

Hope i'm reading your info right...its nearly 11pm over here in Perth, time to go to sleep and check it out 2moz haha

P.S i have just an old school timing light nothing fancy maybe time to get a decent one

Chryco Psycho

the zero line is at the right hand end of the scale in the U
mark the Damper 2 3/8" clockwise from the groove for 36*

Chippa

Ok got ya  :2thumbs: groove on the damper mark back 2 3/8 thankyou for your help from Oz :cheers: