News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A General Lee jump finally done the right way.

Started by bamadukefan02, August 14, 2012, 12:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

ya replied too fast!   :lol:

Heres some more cast that were there!

James Best does not allow pictures or videos during in his booth.  The only way he allows someone to have a picture taken is if you purchase a print or an actual painting (which the DOH stuff was $800 for oil paintings).  I bought a print as I did not have enough cash with me for the paintings but they were well worth it!  Very beautiful paintings.  Some day....
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

I think for me if he needs money before he'll allow you to take his picture I'd let him retain his image and my wallet would remain closed. :Twocents:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Ghoste on August 15, 2012, 09:11:18 AM
I think for me if he needs money before he'll allow you to take his picture I'd let him retain his image and my wallet would remain closed. :Twocents:

Yep I had that change to and didn't not buy anything  for a picture. He is smart to do it. Because people would not be buying a painting of James.

I still get a picture by walking by him and somebody else takes the shot got him! :2thumbs: I can be smart to :hah: the looks an his face awesome :lol:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

resq302

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on August 15, 2012, 09:19:37 AM

Yep I had that change to and didn't not buy anything  for a picture. He is smart to do it. Because people would not be buying a painting of James.

I still get a picture by walking by him and somebody else takes the shot got him! :2thumbs: I can be smart to :hah: the looks an his face awesome :lol:

People were actually doing that and the Sheriffs from the county were actually getting involved at times.  I got his picture of him setting up his art at Carlisle a few years back before he said anything about having no photos done.

His paintings are very, very nice.  I would certainly buy them if I had the money.  For now, I will have to settle for a print vs the original painting.  I wish I had that kind of talent.  If it wasn't for the fact that I met him previously and he is a really nice guy, it might have swayed me the other way as to saving my money.  However, with getting to chat with him a bit, I felt a need to get one since he is such a down to earth guy and he won't be around forever.  It would make a nice momento for me.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Back N Black

I agree, its a money grab. I would charge him to have his picture taken with me!

mopar0166

the only notable damage was a bad ball joint.  we got to look over the car as well later the night and it looked good, you couldn't see any crack in the paint as if it flexed or any apparent damage.  They did a terrific job and they didn't go over board.  I think they did a classy job while still entertaining the crowd.  Oh BTW did i mention that is was recently sprayed four days prior and was rushed to Va just for that jump from cooters. 
Great time and i think even the haters can appreciate the awesome work these guys did with the jump.   :cheers:

Cooter

Remember about the paintings....They will be worth more once poor ol James goes to that great car chase in the sky with Sorrell, Waylon, and Denver...

Just as we see with the "I'll never sell my Charger" croud, When the economy is in the toilet, Even Tom Wopat [Who made the "Corny" comment a few years ago about the DOH], Comes out to collect some cash off the ol Standby, The Dukes Of Hazzard.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mopar0166

saw to two of them smoking and joking on the hill before the crowd entered sunday morning, im sure he was telling him how stupid he is becuase they both made out well that weekend.

Ghoste

Quote from: mopar0166 on August 15, 2012, 11:15:43 AMGreat time and i think even the haters can appreciate the awesome work these guys did with the jump.   :cheers:

As a hater I'm trying to be openminded about it.  :lol:  I have to say that I appreciate the fact that they are trying not to wreck the car and truthfully even though I think it is still doing just over a slower process, is it really any more stressful than a HARD launching drag car.  If it were a post of a 69 drag car with the front end pointing at the sky I'd be applauding it.  So even though I don't understand it I should still show the same respect to the DOH crowd in this case or I'm being hypocrite.
So I'm trying.  Maybe there's hope for me yet? :lol:

bull

Quote from: Cooter on August 15, 2012, 11:30:08 AM
Remember about the paintings....They will be worth more once poor ol James goes to that great car chase in the sky with Sorrell, Waylon, and Denver...

Just as we see with the "I'll never sell my Charger" croud, When the economy is in the toilet, Even Tom Wopat [Who made the "Corny" comment a few years ago about the DOH], Comes out to collect some cash off the ol Standby, The Dukes Of Hazzard.

Selling pics is probably the only source of income the poor old guy has these days.

Cooter

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2012, 06:17:06 PM

Selling pics is probably the only source of income the poor old guy has these days.

I tell you what, I'd swap places with James Best as far as pay goes any day of the week. I work full time, Sometimes 10-15 hours/day, and I don't/didn't make anywhere near what James Best made. He's famous, I'm not..Nuff said. Maybe his paintings are worth $800/ Pop..Just not to me. I wouldn't give the sweat off my balls for Tom Wopat's Autograph..If I need his on my GL, I'll simply make a stincil from my buddy who chased his ass across about four states to get it, and I'll stincil it on my junk.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

resq302

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2012, 06:17:06 PM

He actually has a ton of stuff going for him.  His art, his acting school, his production company, his acting career, his appearances, etc.  Im sure his are is just a paying hobby like some of us.
Brian

Brock Lee

I once inquired about buying an original painting from James with a General Lee in it. Then I was informed that he just paints the scenic backgrounds and has a fan paint in the cars. That is pretty cheesy IMHO.

bull

These pics of James Smith doing the jump turned up on FB. Apparently John Schneider did some of the driving in the grass and then went behind a building, then James appeared from behind the same building to do the jump.

kikgas01

The flashes from the camera`s bother James. He was very nice and graceful both times I met him. He did a couple pretty neat things for me as well as Ben Jones and Sonny. James just turned 86 for petes sake. Liven up on him. I got a badass drawing from him. He was just messing around on paper and I got it. All or a lot of his peoceeds goes to save animals and not have them euthanized. That is how he said he got "Flash."

resq302

Did you happen to see the small green "miniature garbage can" that had a sign which was collecting donations to save Flash's brothers and sisters?  Dorothy (his wife) was telling me that they have never put down an animal yet and want to keep it that way!

Heres a few links.  First is for his art site.   http://www.jamesbestart.com/    Second is for his normal site.  http://www.jamesbest.com/
Brian

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: resq302 on August 15, 2012, 09:02:22 AM

James Best does not allow pictures or videos during in his booth.  The only way he allows someone to have a picture taken is if you purchase a print or an actual painting (which the DOH stuff was $800 for oil paintings).  I bought a print as I did not have enough cash with me for the paintings but they were well worth it!  Very beautiful paintings.  Some day....

Dude you kinda look like Sonny Shroyer...
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

86 or 18, I still ain't paying for his photo.  ;)

resq302

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on August 16, 2012, 10:04:08 PM

What :shruggy: :-\ :scratchchin: :rotz:
Brian

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: resq302 on August 17, 2012, 06:35:25 AM
Quote from: hatersaurusrex on August 16, 2012, 10:04:08 PM

What :shruggy: :-\ :scratchchin: :rotz:

A shorter, younger version of Sonny  :shruggy:

resq302

Wow, ok, now that I go back and look at it..... nose, chin, smile.... yeh, I guess we kind do look a little bit a like!  Sweet, does this mean that I get to marry Daisy?   :2thumbs:
Brian

Ghoste

Yes, but you have to pine for her through a couple of decades of unrequited devotion first.

resq302

I will say, Sonny and I had a nice chat and he was even nicer when he found out I worked for a police dept as well and shook my hand and said thank you for your service even though I am behind a desk, he still seemed to have a deep respect for people who answer 911 and send the police, fire, and ems to wherever they have to go.  Come to think of it, all of the cast (Rick, Jimmy, and Sonny) seemed to have a lot of respect for law enforcement and military personnel whenever I have seen them.   :2thumbs:
Brian

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

resq302

Brian