News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 RT VIN/Ebag

Started by photon, September 13, 2012, 02:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I remember going to the NYSDMV & asking how to get a parts car in my name with no paperwork for it. I wan't trying to register it, I just wanted to make reselling it more attractive to potential buyers after I took what I needed from it. I was handed this form in the link I posted, & shocked at how simple it seemed. There are so many cars that are "forgotten about" due to a death in the family, cars in barns or fields, unfinished projects, purchases that were never transferred, etc. If the vehicle is not in the system & was never stolen & listed as a stolen vehicle in any state, I would think that the thief could easily take possession of the car & get it in their name.

There is a car I know of, a 1969 Charger RT/SE, that has literally been off the road & rusting away since the mid 1980's. The person who owned it hadn't renewed the registration since that time & has sold it. I seriously doubt that the current owner ever did the paperwork to get it in their name & the car is stored outdoors in another town. He probably hasn't seen the car in months & it could go missing for a loooooong time before he ever did know. This is a car that has probably been purged from the DMV system & could easily be a candidate for a VIN tag swap.

That's a rebody for you people who don't like being called a law breaker.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Daytona R/T SE

If you've ever used a title service to get a title for a car you'd find out how frighteningly easy this would be. :Twocents:

Ghoste

We use them all the time for work, thats how I knew it could be easily done.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 13, 2012, 05:55:50 PM
If you've ever used a title service to get a title for a car you'd find out how frighteningly easy this would be. :Twocents:

used those too, but im still not scared at all either. People try to steals peoples homes these days..whats worse a car or coming home knowing someone stole your house all legal too.

LIke I told you guys before you guys are acting too scared you mind as well stay in bed and not get up or move knowing you will break some bones or something  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 13, 2012, 08:30:45 PM

used those too, but im still not scared at all either. People try to steals peoples homes these days..whats worse a car or coming home knowing someone stole your house all legal too.

LIke I told you guys before you guys are acting too scared you mind as well stay in bed and not get up or move knowing you will break some bones or something  :icon_smile_big:

It's not acting scared, it's not wanting to deal with the headaches & hassles that go along with it.

You ever have to deal with an issue like a mistake on a title? I did once & that was all it took to learn that I don't want to ever have to do it again. I bought a car, a 1970 GTX that had a title that someone tried to erase something on. I was like 20 & never knew what a problem it was going to be. The guy I bought the car from had it die on the way home when he bought it, so he never titled it. The guy he bought it from was from another state & his name wasn't on the title. That guy bought it from two people who both had their names on the title, again from another state.

So my escapade in getting a title for the GTX took 9 months from the day I bought the car until the day it was finally in my name.

Now......

What kind of fun would it be trying to clear up a mess with a fake title that has some POS dirtbag's name on it? I'm at a point in my life where simplicity is more attractive than saying, "Oh screw it, I'm going to do something that will possibly make my life even more complicated & miserable so I can cause more stress for myself than a wife, a kid, car restoration, house repairs, deadlines at work, neighbors that block the road because they're waiting for the school bus to arrive for their imbecile kids that always run in front of my truck because they don't know that they should look before crossing the street, a mental patient in-law that I'd like to.......

Nevermind.  :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 13, 2012, 08:54:41 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 13, 2012, 08:30:45 PM

LIke I told you guys before you guys are acting too scared you mind as well stay in bed and not get up or move knowing you will break some bones or something  :icon_smile_big:

It's not acting scared, it's not wanting to deal with the headaches & hassles that go along with it.

You ever have to deal with an issue like a mistake on a title? I did once & that was all it took to learn that I don't want to ever have to do it again. I bought a car, a 1970 GTX that had a title that someone tried to erase something on. I was like 20 & never knew what a problem it was going to be. The guy I bought the car from had it die on the way home when he bought it, so he never titled it. The guy he bought it from was from another state & his name wasn't on the title. That guy bought it from two people who both had their names on the title, again from another state.

So my escapade in getting a title for the GTX took 9 months from the day I bought the car until the day it was finally in my name.

Now......

What kind of fun would it be trying to clear up a mess with a fake title that has some POS dirtbag's name on it? I'm at a point in my life where simplicity is more attractive than saying, "Oh screw it, I'm going to do something that will possibly make my life even more complicated & miserable so I can cause more stress for myself than a wife, a kid, car restoration, house repairs, deadlines at work, neighbors that block the road because they're waiting for the school bus to arrive for their imbecile kids that always run in front of my truck because they don't know that they should look before crossing the street, a mental patient in-law that I'd like to.......

Nevermind.  :smilielol:

Exactly.

Ghoste

I agree with Old Moparz. 
I look both ways before stepping out into traffic, should I stay home in bed?  Afterall, I;m definitely scared of getting hit by a car but there is only a chance it will actually happen.
There is a huge difference between being scared and being careful.  If I become a recluse avoiding human contact because I don't to come into contact with germs, your stay in bed analogy applies.  If there is a chance someone can steal my property because I provided information on the internet and there is no reason to post that information then why bother posting it?  That my friend isn't being scared, its being careful.  

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 14, 2012, 05:11:31 AM
I agree with Old Moparz.
I look both ways before stepping out into traffic, should I stay home in bed?  Afterall, I;m definitely scared of getting hit by a car but there is only a chance it will actually happen.
There is a huge difference between being scared and being careful.  If I become a recluse avoiding human contact because I don't to come into contact with germs, your stay in bed analogy applies.  If there is a chance someone can steal my property because I provided information on the internet and there is no reason to post that information then why bother posting it?  That my friend isn't being scared, its being careful. 
:iagree:

1974dodgecharger

fine line between being scared and careful I see 'scared' personally.  :icon_smile_big:

Next thing you know the new trend is NOT TO GIVE OUT VIN numbers because someone grabbed two VINs and stole someones car.

Ghoste