News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My observation...

Started by 72chargerSE, February 04, 2006, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72chargerSE

This is my observation after lurking way more than I post.

Way to much bashing and profanity.....c'mon guys, you never know who is watching this site...

No matter if your a "nuts and bolts" resto guy, or a guy with a driver....we all share the same interest.

My 2 cents...

moparsons

I agree totally. Some of us would probly post more if we didn't think the few immature one would try to start an issue with whatever we had to say.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Troy

I guess I need to post the huge warning about the Off Topic area again. Gotta see where I put it. Yes, it has been a little rough lately but not all the time. People spend more time inside and bored during the winter so they have a lot more time to post stupid/insulting stuff on the board. It will be a happy place again once summer gets here... :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

I have an idea to cut back on the winter hostilities. How about one of those inflatable moon bounce things gets set up at a Charger meet? Anyone can get inside with someone else they have a beef with, charge a small admission fee to cover the rental, give each person a blindfold, a hard hat, a garbage can lid, & a stick. (Not a pointy one though.)

Even if they still hate each other when they're done whackin' think about how much fun it'll be to watch.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 04, 2006, 11:08:14 PM
I have an idea to cut back on the winter hostilities. How about one of those inflatable moon bounce things gets set up at a Charger meet? Anyone can get inside with someone else they have a beef with, charge a small admission fee to cover the rental, give each person a blindfold, a hard hat, a garbage can lid, & a stick. (Not a pointy one though.)

Even if they still hate each other when they're done whackin' think about how much fun it'll be to watch.  :D

That will never happen......most people are "keyboard toughguys"  :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

We now have over 1700 members. Out of that number we have probably 10 members who will go out of their way to "push" someone's button. And there are a few members here who seem to enjoy the abuse.
On the whole I think we all get along real well. You fail to see how much "good" is going on, on this board. Try spending some more time in the tech section. There's a few members, Chryco, Droptop, CudaKen, Firefighter, Nacho, just to name a few, who spend an enormous amount of time there helping out other members. I can't tell you how many times I was late getting to bed because I was down in my shop getting a pic or a measurement for a board member.
Don't let the off topic section skew your veiw of the entire board. For some mysterious reason some people's I.Q. seem to drop 50 points once they enter that section. I view the O.T. section as a large padded cell and everyone in it has a big foam bat :boxing_smiley: :slap: :ahum:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hemihead

So since my I.Q. is now 88 I can barely read this? LOL Joking  :icon_smile_big:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Headrope

I think Ghandi said it best: "Make Chargers, not war."
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

moparsons

I was just trying to say that it is those select few dicouraging us newbies. I know there is a tremendous amount of great stuff on here.
But, sometimes those few make me not even want to bother. One of my first post ever on the old site, i told the story of how I got my first chargers. My reply from one individual was "STFU NEWBIE!!!!".
   I didn't dwell on it, but was discouraged for a while. I just think some people should think about how it makes the site looks before the make rude comments just for fun.

Just my 2 cents.

derailed

Well out of 1700+ people theres a few genetic defects, You can always count on them for a good laugh. Theres alot of good people here that live for mopars and love to help. I am Pontiac guy with alot of GM friends and bought my charger 2 years ago. I would have been lost without this sight.

andy74

hello again,just chill buddy!

i agree 100 percent with Troy,the winter will get even the most cheerful person bent out of shape sometimes,or some people are just asses,like silver

Charger_Fan

BELCH!!

('scuse me...carry on :D)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 72chargerSE on February 04, 2006, 02:09:23 PM
This is my observation after lurking way more than I post.

Way to much bashing and profanity.....c'mon guys, you never know who is watching this site...

No matter if your a "nuts and bolts" resto guy, or a guy with a driver....we all share the same interest.

My 2 cents...

Did I tell you about the time I got my back waxed?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

resq302

Working for a police dept. I see how many people obey the rules and just how many try to bend the rules to fit their way.  Granted, there are usually more good than bad people but it only takes a bad apple to spoil the bunch sometimes.  

I know, I for one, have just gotten discouraged at another popular mopar_ _  board (fill in the blanks) cause I was posting resto questions in their A12 forum.  Now I guess my Charger is not as good as an A12 car cause I was told that my resto question was "HARDLY A12 RELATED", yet doesn't the A12 (B-body cars) use a lot of the same parts as what the Charger (shockingly another B body car) does?  Again, things can get taken the wrong way and some people just need to get a thicker skin but overly, people just need to use common sense and think who else might be reading this and get insulted.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Orange_Crush

Quote from: resq302 on February 06, 2006, 03:37:30 PM
Working for a police dept. I see how many people obey the rules and just how many try to bend the rules to fit their way.  Granted, there are usually more good than bad people but it only takes a bad apple to spoil the bunch sometimes.  

I know, I for one, have just gotten discouraged at another popular mopar_ _  board (fill in the blanks) cause I was posting resto questions in their A12 forum.  Now I guess my Charger is not as good as an A12 car cause I was told that my resto question was "HARDLY A12 RELATED", yet doesn't the A12 (B-body cars) use a lot of the same parts as what the Charger (shockingly another B body car) does?  Again, things can get taken the wrong way and some people just need to get a thicker skin but overly, people just need to use common sense and think who else might be reading this and get insulted.

Dude...

Its called the A12 forum for a reason...its a forum for A12-related questions.  No one told you your car wasn't as good as A12 cars, they just said your question wasn't A12 related.

I'm sure your Charger's very nice...but its not an A12 car and therefore, your question wasn't A12 related.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

BigBlockSam

Excuse me please. what is an a12 car

694spdRT

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 06, 2006, 05:04:34 PM
Excuse me please. what is an a12 car

A12's are the '69 1/2 440 Six Pack Super Bee's and 440 Six Barrel Roadrunner's.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Old Moparz

You mean it's not an old TV show with a 4 door Plymouth?

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemihead

That is as bad as some people posting in the Charger topic section things like Camaros,Mercurys, and their GMC SUVs.Oh and don't forget the 'Did you get my package shipped questions'that should be asked by PM or Email.But I guess if you are friends with the right people here it's not moved.Sorry , but I just believe that right is right.There is a correct place for everything.Sorry again,I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BigBlockSam

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 06, 2006, 06:23:21 PM
oooooooooooh, thank you
*PSST!* I didn't know that one either... <high-five> :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

Quote from: andy74 on February 06, 2006, 09:42:41 AM
hello again,just chill buddy!

i agree 100 percent with Troy,the winter will get even the most cheerful person bent out of shape sometimes,or some people are just asses,like silver

there you got again pointing fingers, bitch boy. Hey dont you have diaper to change? :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722