News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My New Project Arrived Today.....

Started by A383Wing, August 11, 2012, 07:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I have always wanted a traffic stoplight...found this on Craigslist...guy delivered it to me for $85

Red on top, yellow under that, green under that, and then the arrow at the bottom is yellow & green LED style

all I need is the controller now to make it work as it should...which I will get next week

pics below of how it lights up from ad

this thing is bigger than I thought

Bryan

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

twodko

Nice! Nothing the Mrs/GF can't hold up/pose with in the corner of your man cave.......naked.

(Well of course my wife didn't watch me just type that!)  :D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

rt green

should mount it up by the bathroom door. red for use - yellow for heavy air -  green for no danger and arrow for give it a half hour
third string oil changer

RallyeMike

Very cool. Yea, they look so small hanging up there in the air.

I was gonna grab an ancient 4-way from a construction job once but someone else got to it first. I hope they did it justice!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

AKcharger

Budnicks

:hah: cool toy... I think, I remember someone on here that is restoring a few of them, it might have been on FBBO...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

Played with the traffic light a little bit this morning before it gets too warm here...it's been a bad night, my back is acting up again

Anyway, I took the light shields off, I think they will stay off. Found a good place to mount it when I'm done, just to the left of the window and to the right of the shelves.

Got the wiring figured out as to which wires operate which light. The green & yellow arrow at the bottom has 3 wires, because it actually has separate LED's for each color.

I'm gonna order my controller this week sometime, I'm talking to the guy that sells them on ebay to make sure it will work with my light.

Turns out this light came from California from what I was told...I guess the $85 I paid for it delivered was a pretty good price. Not gonna leave it green, gonna change it to yellow...Rose found a can of florescent yellow today at Wal-mart...I'll test it on the tubes I took off to see how it looks

Bryan

twodko

Wouldn't mind having one of those but I'd really like an old gas pump.....like a Dino gas pump etc.

Cooter

Quote from: twodko on August 12, 2012, 05:40:18 PM
Wouldn't mind having one of those but I'd really like an old gas pump.....like a Dino gas pump etc.
Yeah, you and me both....I just can't afford the $15K they want for one. I do have an older Coke machine that I'd like to get rid of. Damn thing still works. Upright with woodgrain and changer says .020 or something on it, on the front. Has bottle opener on it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

Yea..I always wanted a gas pump from the 60's as well...but like you said, the prices are way out of reach for me

I figure I will have about $150 into this project total, way cheaper than a gas pump

Bryan

nvrbdn

really nice looking light. :2thumbs: i got one and was thinking about hooking it up to a motion detector so it would go on with movement, but not have to turn it on myself.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

twodko

Hey Cooterman

That was a good suggestion by another member listing it on CL. Prolly be the easiest way to get what you need out of it.

While I was looking at it, might be cool to put a small frig in the bottom and some kinda BBQ/smoker in the top half.  :scratchchin:

Fred

That really is cool Bryan. Way to go. I didn't even know those things were offered for sale. Must look into it, maybe I can find one that'll hang right way up when mounted upside down. :scratchchin:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

twodko

Quote from: Fred on August 13, 2012, 09:43:39 PM
That really is cool Bryan. Way to go. I didn't even know those things were offered for sale. Must look into it, maybe I can find one that'll hang right way up when mounted upside down. :scratchchin:

A383Wing

ordered my controller tonight....so this will operate in sequence like it's supposed to

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: twodko on August 14, 2012, 11:05:09 AM

:scope:   :shruggy:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Dont paint it!  That thing is a survivor and once you paint it its never original paint again..!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nvrbdn

Quote from: Fred on August 15, 2012, 12:44:42 AM

he must have had a thought, then got called away and just posted. but as they say, its the thought that counts. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 15, 2012, 02:10:46 PM
Quote from: Fred on August 15, 2012, 12:44:42 AM

he must have had a thought, then got called away and just posted. but as they say, its the thought that counts. :2thumbs:

You're absolutely right, I'll settle for the thought.  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

got my traffic light controller today..guess I'll be working on the light this weekend...video to follow

Bryan

A383Wing

Controller connected to light...it works....may be a bit ugly for now because it's not painted yet, but I wanted to see if it actually worked like it was supposed to.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/A383Wing/?action=view&current=Trafficlightsecondrun.mp4

on a second note, I picked up a brand new crosswalk LED signal today as well....trying to figure out if I can connect it to the same controller, but I don't think I can. Seller had 2 of these, I got both for $25

Bryan

nvrbdn

those walk lights are awesome. how cool. great score. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

71green go

Hey can ya post the contact for the controller you bought?.......I have a traffic light also and wnat to control it!
Steve