News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you test the instrument cluster bulbs to see if they light up?

Started by WH23G3G, January 09, 2012, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

While I'm messing with this Plymouth. I want to swap the instrument cluster with some original gauges that have nicer faces on it. I also installed some new yellow 194 bulbs for illumination. I know they can be put in either way and work one way and not the other. So I want to make sure before I put it in. How do I test the illumination of all the bulbs? I hooked a jumper wire to each terminal and used a ground jumper on the metal casing to a metal piece on the car of which battery I'm using to do this test. I tried moving the positive red jumper to each individual terminal on the circuit board plug and I couldn't get any of the bulbs to illuminate. Am I hooking something up wrong? I don't see a ground on the wiring diagram so I assume it's grounded off the frame of the instrument cluster body. I was able to do this test before but I can't remember how I did it.

Silver R/T

On the topic of clusters, which bulbs are supposed to be in the cluster?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

Ghoste