News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you have running cars that never get started or driven

Started by ACUDANUT, August 09, 2012, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

68pplcharger

nope... just cars that don't run and don't get driven  :lol:

Ghoste

Not me.  Maybe not often and rarely often enough but I still drive it.

Troy

If mine run, they get driven. When I had a truck solely as a tow vehicle it sat more than I liked so I sold it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 09, 2012, 02:12:08 PM
I know that I am not the only one. Post up.
Since the Birdible came along for about the last 4 years this one has only been out of prison about once a year

thats why its beening sold , I know i will miss the hell out of it but the poor thing never gets driven
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 09, 2012, 02:40:40 PM
What about your Charger Stu, do you ever drive it ?
one charger has a new motor and is not able to be driven  has lots of issues . Mostly wiring .
 The other charger has no drive train in it .  

Hopefully once I get the wire transfer and the 69 RR gone.   I can get one of them up and running well and sell it also .  I would like to get down to three cars if possible . My car life has been out of controll and i really just need to simplify it .  

Tilar

The only car I have that runs and never gets driven is a 68 Polara. It has a 318 that runs good but the last time it was driven was when I drove it and parked it out behind the barn a couple years ago. I did start it a couple months ago just to keep it in running condition.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

41husk

I have 3 running cars that are not my daily driver.  I try to drive them all but the 09 Challenger gets the least amount of road time it seems :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Daytona R/T SE

The Imperial never gets driven and takes up a lot of garage space, therefore it's for sale.

My diesel truck sits for weeks at a time, but when we go anywhere out of town we take it.

My Harley hasn't left the garage once this summer...

My Daytona clone is doing life without the possibilty of parole
in body shop prison...

Then there's all my other hulks just sitting...

John_Kunkel

I have two "garage queens", my '50 Olds and my '57 New Yorker....both run but haven't left the garage in over a year.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Cooter

I try to rotate mine between cruise nights. Charger, 58 Plymouth, My little Yota truck most times as it's been raining here every time.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Paul G

I do have a vehicle that rarely gets driven. Two of them actually.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

arrow

Quote from: Paul G on August 09, 2012, 06:42:15 PM
Ive got a nice Super Bird Ive had sense 1985 Ive never driven - anyone top that !!!

TK73

Quote from: arrow on August 09, 2012, 10:31:21 PM
Quote from: Paul G on August 09, 2012, 06:42:15 PM
Ive got a nice Super Bird Ive had sense 1985 Ive never driven - anyone top that !!!

Revell or AMT ?
:D
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

A383Wing

so far this year the Pontiac, the black 66, and the Metro have not seen any driven time....I think this makes 2 years the black 66 ain't been out.....the wife's & my health kinda stopped us in our tracks....

Bryan

myk

Summer's here and almost gone and the irony/stupid thing is I haven't driven my '97Z Convertible at all, but then again this is the year of the Charger; everyone else is taking the back seat...

Chryco Psycho

I have had my Chall for 32 years now , so far 6000 miles is all I have put on it , I drove across Canaduh in 42 hrs , that was 2200 , miles in one shot , drove it back too a couple of years later .

chargermike

my charger has sat most the time this summer. maybe 300 miles this year. been busy at work and the band has been playing. so the car has sat. but thats ok. winter will be here soon. so just gonna work on her this year. anyone want a dual quad set up. works great. i just want to go back to a single 4.  i will never own a car that i dont drive.

SRT-440

'04 SRT-4- drove it for the first time in about 3 months last weekend...it's for sale.
'70 Road Runner- has only been driven a couple times in the past 6 months...runs on half race gas and half 93.

'85 Grand National- once a month..maybe.

'71 Dodge Dart - driven twice in the past year.

None have AC so in the summer months they don't get driven..too hot..usually 110 here during the day.  :eek2:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 09, 2012, 04:57:09 PM
The Imperial never gets driven and takes up a lot of garage space, therefore it's for sale.

I'd drive the hell out of that Imp if it was mine!!!!!!!      :icon_smile_big:

Todd

arrow

[/quote]

Revell or AMT ?

[/quot

adauto

Nikki's been out 6or7 times maybe, the BIG GIRL 3x my GTX hasnt been started since I've owned it...  probly y she dosent have a name yet.  :eek2:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

c00nhunterjoe

My durango sits until it snows and the belvedere just sits.

1970Moparmann

My 70 in my avatar mainly sits.  In 11 years I've put on a little over 1,000 miles.  My 68 Charger went on the Power Tour this year so has close to 2,000.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mauve66

Quote from: arrow on August 10, 2012, 09:30:36 PM

Revell or AMT ?

[/quot
[/quote]

no superbird in there............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

arrow

Quote from: mauve66 on August 11, 2012, 03:11:37 PM

Revell or AMT ?

[/quot

no superbird in there.......... whos a betting man and how much do you want to lose?????????
[/quote]

A383Wing

I don't see a pointy nose or a wing under those covers pictured

Bryan

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

arrow

Quote from: arrow on August 11, 2012, 08:56:08 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on August 11, 2012, 03:11:37 PM

Revell or AMT ?

[/quot

no superbird in there.......... whos a betting man and how much do you want to lose?????????
[/quote]

Fred

NO. Everything get's excercised at least once a week.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

arrow

Quote from: A383Wing on August 11, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
couldn't that VIN above be a regular RR tag

Im surprised these days someone would ask that -it would be far more rare than a Super Bird if it was-

FC7 V code

What I've tended to notice over the years about "running cars that never get started or driven" is that they soon(a couple of years) become cars that will not start without spending significant time and money on them ;D. In my case
I now have a couple of formerly running cars that get towed or pushed around the garage. You really haven't lived until you and a couple friends muscle a 76 Cad or a 48 Nash Ambassador into a "out of the way" spot, which normally becomes an in the way spot about 4 months later :icon_smile_big:. Just an observation :Twocents:!
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on August 11, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
couldn't that VIN above be a regular RR tag?

Bryan

no u code on standard RR  you couldnot get a 440 4 barrel on a Road Runner untill 72 I think ?

anyway only 383 , 440 + 6 or hemi in 70

since they didnt allow the 383 to be put in the Superbird the cheap superbird got a 440 4bl

mauve66

pic could be anything from anywhere at anytime, if ya post about a superbird then post about a superbird
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

AKcharger

1972 Charger gets driven every 2 weeks in summer it's cacooned in snow from OCt-April
1970 Charger in Storage, should be driven once a year to/from carlise but missed it 2 years in a row now, last driven summer 2010.

Charger_Fan

I'm guilty. I've got a few that are rarely driven.
This 66 F250 hasn't been registered for the past 5 years, so it only gets to stretch it's legs a couple times during the summer, driving around a few surrounding subdivisions.

Sorta the same story with this 76 F250, not registered in three years. It just goes on short jaunts around the neighborhood.

And pretty much the same with #3. I bought it with a dead engine in '88, put a new one in it & have yet to register it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vainglory, Esq.

Half the year, yes, I suppose. One of the downsides of living in Minnesota.

Well, I'm actually one of the people who starts it up every couple of weeks and lets it run for awhile. My neighbors hate me, when they're not dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.

TK73

That's funny... I was just joking and now we have "Bird-Gate".  :smilielol: :smilielol:

No accusation intended, believe ya on the car...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!