News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throttle Cable Mounting Bracket, 440 with Eddy Performer Intake

Started by Moparman01, August 07, 2012, 06:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

I just had a brand new 440 built for a my '69 Charger, it's has Edelbrock Performer Series aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer Intake and Edel. 750 Carb. I'm having a hell of time gettin the throttle hooked up, the old bracket from the stock motor just isn't high enough. Is there an after market throttle bracket for the BB Eddy intake/carb set-up? Besides Lokar? Something quick and easy, i'm sure there are plenty of you running Eddy intakes, what do you use for a throttle bracket?? Thanks

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

NHCharger

I had to modify the throttle cable bracket to work with the eddy intake on my 383. I'll have to take a look, it's been 16 years since I did that mod.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Moparman01

Yeah that would work alright!! Thanks! But i'm not sure if my cable is long enough tho, i never changed the cable after i swapped the car over from the 318 4 barrel that was in it to the 440 now between the fenders, do i need another cable?

Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Moparman01 on August 08, 2012, 06:46:40 AM
Yeah that would work alright!! Thanks! But i'm not sure if my cable is long enough tho, i never changed the cable after i swapped the car over from the 318 4 barrel that was in it to the 440 now between the fenders, do i need another cable?
I don't think you have to...

General_01

I didn't for mine, but it was a 383 car originally and that had a 440 in it. I don't own it any more. Sold it back in about 2008.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed