News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen wheel alignment

Started by flyinlow, August 06, 2012, 10:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Getting a 70 Charger ready for its first alignment in a long time . Replaced the lower ball joints while I converted to front disks. Every thing else seams servicable for now. I used rustbuster and freed up the tierods. I have soaked the UCA cams. Are they usually a problem?
Does increasing negative castor help handling?........Thinking  1/16 toe in, 1/2* neg.camber, 3-5* neg castor ?

FLG

Sounds about right,

Set the ride height,

Max the castor
1/2 degree of neg camber

And toe  1/16 - 1/8 or so

Make sure you torque down those UCA's, i had an alignment done and the effing "tech" apparently didnt torque em down enough.....i was having some fun and needed to get on the brakes hard, front end dipped and the cam slid all the way back and the car wanted to do a U-turn...thank god i caught it.

HPP

Specs are okay except you want positive caster, if you have power steering. Negative caster is good for manual steer or bias ply tires.

flyinlow

Quote from: HPP on August 07, 2012, 08:40:52 AM
Specs are okay except you want positive caster, if you have power steering. Negative caster is good for manual steer or bias ply tires.

Yea , I stand corrected. I checked the records on my '73 and its at 3.8 positve castor. The '70 has PS and 245/60-15 BFG's on the front.

Had the '70 aligned today. It was 3/8" toe out  :eek2:   I thought I had freed up all the cams but one stripped. So they got things close.

We will replace the bushing this winter and put in new cam bolts.   Drives decent for now    :2thumbs: