News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by hawkeye, August 06, 2012, 08:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

thanks for all the encouragement.  just a little background info on my situation. i am located in north central mo.  never owned a mopar (i have 2 camaros and a corvette) but i have wanted a 69 or 70 charger since 1972.   i would look on ebay and craigslist but never saw anything in my price range (cheap).  then about a mouth ago i just happened to look on the des moines craigslist and there they were.  it was sunday morning, about 10:00, the guy had just listed them, i gave him a call and said he would take 5000 for the pair.  grabbed my wallet drove one hour north and had them bought bt 11:30.  the guy said he had 4 others lined up to see them that day.  the body work is done (the color is some gm red-planning on repainting it burnt orange). the motor  (440) and tranny (727) are being gone through as i write this.   so all i have to do is gather up some parts, have some redone, do ALOT of detail work and then put it together. and after only 40 years i will have my charger.   the only part that really scares me is the wiring.  i'm sure with all the info one this site i'll make it through (You'll probaly get tired of all the questions).  thanks again hawkeye

nvrbdn

keep the questions and pic's coming. you have lots of people close. lots on here in kc, several in the st.louis area. we are all over. and several spread across mo. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House