News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First Impressions: BFG Radial TA 225/70/14 tires

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, July 30, 2012, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

On my 14x6 wheels, I went from a much smaller set of tires to the 225/70/14s which look good, fill the wheel wells, and so far, seem to fit the rims well.  :Twocents:

I'll put a few miles on the car and report back, but in the meantime, I took one of the old skinny tires which felt "loose" when I drove, and I could palm the tire at 3 and 9, then squeeze it 'til the center portion nearly touched. What a flimsy POS  :scratchchin:

Anyone else running the 225/70/14 BFGs on their 2nd gen?  :popcrn:

Finoke

I have that combo on my 70 road runner and like the way it looks and drives. Some have said the car looks too low. But I like it that way.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Finoke on July 30, 2012, 07:10:46 PM
I have that combo on my 70 road runner and like the way it looks and drives. Some have said the car looks too low. But I like it that way.

That's surprising, as the tires are just over 26" tall. The tires I removed, were a little over 3" shorter  :shruggy:

XH29N0G

I'm thinking about running these on the front to replace some 215 75 14.  I have 245 60 15 on the back.   

If it is not too much trouble, would you post a picture to show how the 225 70 14 fits in the front wheelwell and overall?

Thanks

James
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: jfarquha on July 30, 2012, 07:43:56 PM
I'm thinking about running these on the front to replace some 215 75 14.  I have 245 60 15 on the back.   

If it is not too much trouble, would you post a picture to show how the 225 70 14 fits in the front wheelwell and overall?

Thanks

James

I'll see what I can do...

Chryco Psycho

PlainfieldCharger

Chryco
what type of "street tire" do you like to roll. I got some Uniroyals that are a "new" 6 years old so when I finally get this on the road I will be in the market.... ;)

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Chryco Psycho

Tough to find good tires in the right sizes , Dunlop , The Firestone Indys , Coopers , Dean Stinger are all possibilities , I am using Nitto drag radials for the rear on mine , great tires

A383Wing

I got that size on one of my first gen Chargers, which equates to the 7.75 x 14 tires is came with originally

Bryan

1974dodgecharger

Chryco Psycho

I have seen so many failures , belts coming apart , sidewalls ripped out , brand new tires that are far from round poor traction . They were almost giving them away at a local car show just so they would get the advertising from being on as many cars as possible , people were laughing at them & not signing up to get them for sure . A friend was going down the highway with 200 miles on the car , total rebuild , he asks why the fenders are dancing around so much , I told him tires , he said they were just balanced , we lifted the car & measured a 3/8" step in the tread where the belts overlapped  ::) the tire store had a tire grinder to grind them round , lost about 1/3 or more of the tread on one area .
The only thing that keeps them popular is the readily available variety of sizes common to muscle cars .

ODZKing

205-70-14 in front on 5.5 rim
245-60-14 in rear on 6.0 rim