News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Desert Valley Auto Parts - Phoenix, AZ

Started by Shakey, February 04, 2006, 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

These folks had a lot of Chargers, all picked over pretty good.

Shakey

:-*

derailed

wow, good to see the stuff is out there. I see lots of good doors

Shakey

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

Shakey

:sick:

Shakey

:-[

Shakey

bull

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good score on the nuts & bolts stuff Mike.   Those little detail items go a long way, trust me.
The vac hose plug is a good score as well.
Im still looking for the vent tube plug for the filler neck myself....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

adauto

I've gotten quotes from these guys on things. They are not bashfull by any means. Solid stuff though........ :Twocents:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

MM1R/T

My '68 is wearing a couple of pieces of sheetmetal from that '70.

Yeah, they're pretty proud of their stuff, but it still beats eBay! :icon_smile_approve:

TruckDriver

This is one of those test crash cars I was talking about in you other post Shakey. This NOT one I saw though. The 10 Chargers I saw were 10mph test crash cars, and only needed the front valance, bumper, grille & hood. They all were '69 Chargers too. This '70 obviously had a harder hit. But that also means that somewhere, there are 9 more '70s that were test crashed like this one. They all will have similar damage to the front. Arizona test crash cars all have the little red and white circles down the sides of the car like this one. They usually always use 10 cars to test.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The Ghoul

is it bad that out of all the cars in that yard I want the wagon the most?

derailed

Quote from: cudaeh on February 04, 2006, 12:04:57 PM
is it bad that out of all the cars in that yard I want the wagon the most?

Id rather see alot more old wagons out there like that instead of all these minivans weve been plagued with

Shakey

Quote from: bull on February 04, 2006, 03:33:55 AM
I wonder if any of that glass is good?

I wasn't paying attention too much to the glass.  All of these cars are AC cars and all of the glass is tinted.  I am sure you could make a complete set by picking the best from each car.

Brock Samson

Lotsa good doors there,.. Funny that crash test '70 has an aftermarket mirror on the Pass side..  ???

TruckDriver

Quote from: Stratocharger on February 08, 2006, 01:07:11 AM
Lotsa good doors there,.. Funny that crash test '70 has an aftermarket mirror on the Pass side..  ???

Arizona has one of the highest insurance rates in the country. So if someone get hurt in a car accident and sues, the insurance companies go out and buy 10 of the same cars to test crash to see if there results match the persons injuries. And they don't care if they are collecter cars or not. and they are all wrecked in the exact same kinda crash and speed. So all the car will have about the same damage.. I wish I had pics of the 10 '69 Chargers I saw that were all still parked side by side. It included a true R/T 4spd car. All the cars I saw were very restorable. But according to AZ. law, I don't believe they can sell a complete car after it has been test crashed.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 04, 2006, 06:31:38 AM
Good score on the nuts & bolts stuff Mike. Those little detail items go a long way, trust me.

:iagree:

I made the same with a 73 Coronet station wagon once on a somekind of parking lot with some junked cars there
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

4402tuff4u

I'll be heading to Phoenix, AZ in April to visit my mom and sister, then a hop to Salt Lake City, Utah to see my other sister and cousin. If I have time, I would like to hit that salvage yard to get several small items that I could bring back.   :icon_smile_tongue:

Shakey, have the address handy for DVAP?

Just6T9, Chris if I get time to go and find two vent plug thingies, one is yours. I have to find out how far it is from Mesa, AZ.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on February 08, 2006, 11:26:43 AM

Shakey, have the address handy for DVAP?
Looks like they're in Phoenix, next door to Mesa; http://www.dvap.com/finding_us.htm The "about" link on the top gives their phone #.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgeboy67

you should see mopar city in oregon il....wish i had pics to show.......but just a thought, most of these places are way overpriced......they all think that rust is gold

but then i guess you should expect that

4402tuff4u

Thanks CF! I'm going to be in your neck of the woods in April too! Don't have much time to do much cause have to be back at work. Only 2 days in SLC.  :rotz:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"