News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop top '66

Started by Homerr, August 02, 2012, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benji

Looks like someone beat it with an ugly stick.  Maybe the guy who chopped it should ALSO be beat with the same stick.

Benji

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 03:46:23 PM
Are those Challenger taillights he has butchered in there?  If so that is two good looking taillight treaments that were destroyed.

Quote from: Cooter on August 02, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
Nice 1970 Challenger Tail lights.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

Quote from: TheGhost on August 02, 2012, 05:43:07 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
Thats like trying to decide between a butt ugly blond or butt ugly brunette.

I'll take the brunette.  The blonde is probably dyed anyway.

I'd let you pick first cuz i'd take either one...  beauty is only a light switch away!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bobs69

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 02, 2012, 08:22:39 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on August 02, 2012, 05:43:07 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
Thats like trying to decide between a butt ugly blond or butt ugly brunette.

I'll take the brunette.  The blonde is probably dyed anyway.

I'd let you pick first cuz i'd take either one...  beauty is only a light switch away!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:

You're a "the glass is half full kind of guy aren't you!"

A383Wing

yea.."The Greatest American Hero" is where I remember that car from....but it had gun turrets as well.....

or was it "The A-Team"

Bryan

Indygenerallee

I do like the cobweb interior pic!!  :lol: The car looks like something the Munsters would drive!!  :smilielol: Gotta love the sunroof rear window!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Highbanked Hauler

JUST get a used roof for it and fix it :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

dkn1997

from the add:

Photo says the rest.

It sure does! 
RECHRGED

A383Wing

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 02, 2012, 09:26:22 PM
JUST get a used roof for it and fix it :Twocents:

the roof ain't the issue...it's still there....the roof has been lowered about 5" from what I see....side glass, vent frame & glass, front windshield & frame have been modified as well

the roof still retains it's original shape

Bryan

ChgrSteve67

It should be finished off to recreate this

The Hit Car - Greatest American Hero

A383Wing

yea ....I was watching the original "A-Team" TV series..that car above was in it as well....although it was not in running condition....

Bryan

Old Moparz

I wonder if that is the car from the TV show?   :shruggy:

They both looked chopped to me, & both have the vent wing window squared off on the top. Someone may have put a grille in & fixed up the headlights to drive it.

Then again, it could be that two nutty people separated at birth built 2 cars the same way.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

FastbackJon

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 02, 2012, 11:46:19 PM
I wonder if that is the car from the TV show?   :shruggy:

They both looked chopped to me, & both have the vent wing window squared off on the top. Someone may have put a grille in & fixed up the headlights to drive it.

Then again, it could be that two nutty people separated at birth built 2 cars the same way.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like it might be the same car. The show car has a hole in the front bumper for the 1966 Bumper Guards. Hard to tell if the sale car has the same thing.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Bobs69

The car in the above picture has a hood scoop where the rear window should be!

ChgrSteve67

It would be a fun car to recreate however it would not be legal to drive on the streets of CA and I'm not into trailering cars around.

myk

I'm 5'4" and I think my stock 69's roof height is "just right," I'd develop claustrophobia in a chopped car like that one.  Nevertheless, if that car was clean and set up properly it wouldn't be so bad IMO.  I mean, the 1st Gen has that whole crazy giant fast back thing going for it anyway-any other body 'mod sorta blends in, again IMO...

1974dodgecharger

Talked to the guy over the phone he said at the price of 21k is a 'STEAL' he said it was appriased at 35k, but wanted to give deals out  ::) ::) :o :o :o :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

kab69440

If he gave me fifty bucks, I'd appraise it at $200k.  Appraisals mean exactly squat.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

ACUDANUT

Quote from: kab69440 on August 07, 2012, 07:41:29 AM
If he gave me fifty bucks, I'd appraise it at $200k.  Appraisals mean exactly squat.

Very true.

Ghoste

And for the record, the one from the show is "less than pretty" too. :Twocents:

kab69440

It's no beauty queen, but kind of cool in a Mad Max sort of way...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."