News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop top '66

Started by Homerr, August 02, 2012, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Thats wrong in so many ways.

Cooter

Nice 1970 Challenger Tail lights.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 11:45:15 AM

That thing is cool!   I dont know about $21,500 cool, but maybe $500 cool.   :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 02, 2012, 12:00:09 PM

That thing is cool!   I dont know about $21,500 cool, but maybe $500 cool.   :coolgleamA:

:eek2:  I'm with Ghoste on this one!   And I must say that 21k worth of cool is a lot of difference in cool.  :P
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

twodko

Couldn't agree more.........the best place for that POS is SE Oakland/S Central LA or the crusher.

$21k??? Get off the pipe!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

areibel

All it needs is a wing, it could be one of those ultra rare 66 Daytonas?   
It's nice he left the spider webs in the interior pic to show it's unrestored.  I actually think it's kinda funky, maybe even $5k worth. 

1974dodgecharger

this has been on sale for over a year now....I called him up once just to see and he is very delusional......

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Aero426

Ghoste

Delusional and creepy and both apt words.

moparstuart

if it was in modified perfect condition it wouldnt bring 21 k
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

You mean "un" modified, don't you?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 01:47:42 PM
You mean "un" modified, don't you?
no i meant fix up perfectly in its strange state , it still couldnt bring that money
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69charger2002

21k what a douche. as said before i think it's $500 cool!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

tan top

what a waste !! just a parts car now   :Twocents:  :yesnod:

nice set of slots  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Homerr

A roll back roof like this might be the only solution.   ;D

VegasCharger

In the ad it says "Only one of its kind"  Randy got that part right, not sure if I've ever seen a 66-67 Charger like that. Nice interior BTW   $21,500 LMFAO  :smilielol:

Ghoste

Are those Challenger taillights he has butchered in there?  If so that is two good looking taillight treaments that were destroyed.

wingcar

Actually there are four first generation Chargers that had their tops chopped that I know of.  The first was a street custom that someone posted a picture of on this site...green in color.  Then there is the one used in the 1992 movie..."Shakes the Clown" with Bob Goldthwait and Julie Brown.   This Charger would later reappear in an episode of a show called "The Greatest American Hero".  Then there is one that can be found in the book, "How to Chop tops" a hot rod how to book that shows how to chop the tops of many different cars and trucks....I really don't think this owner read the book.  And, then there is of course this example of automotive "art".   If you checkout the one in the book, it's not that apparent that the top was even chopped..... (The book should be available at your local book store.....I can post details such as author, etc. if anyone is interested)

By the way, I like the line:  "Photo says the rest".  Perhaps he needs to tell the photo to be quiet.... :yesnod:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Quote from: wingcar on August 02, 2012, 04:20:12 PM... there is one that can be found in the book, "How to Chop tops" a hot rod how to book ... I really don't think this owner read the book.  

By the way, I like the line:  "Photo says the rest".  Perhaps he needs to tell the photo to be quiet.... :yesnod:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Old Moparz

That 2012 Challenger with the Daytona wing & stripe is starting to look better & better.   :eek2:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

Thats like trying to decide between a butt ugly blond or butt ugly brunette.

kab69440

As an unapologetic butcher myself, I love to see homebrewed custom work. It's cool to see what other people who have the skills to execute their visions do. Having said that much... That abortion makes even me yearn for the formerly proud rolling masterpiece that it once was.

As a guy who is six and a half feet tall, I am NOT a fan of the chopped roof. On ANYTHING!

At least it's still wearing a lot of parts that can be used to fix other first gens. Are those Chevelle quarter curtains?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

TheGhost

Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 05:28:57 PM

I'll take the brunette.  The blonde is probably dyed anyway.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Benji

Looks like someone beat it with an ugly stick.  Maybe the guy who chopped it should ALSO be beat with the same stick.

Benji

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on August 02, 2012, 03:46:23 PM
Are those Challenger taillights he has butchered in there?  If so that is two good looking taillight treaments that were destroyed.

Quote from: Cooter on August 02, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
Nice 1970 Challenger Tail lights.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

Quote from: TheGhost on August 02, 2012, 05:43:07 PM

I'd let you pick first cuz i'd take either one...  beauty is only a light switch away!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bobs69

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 02, 2012, 08:22:39 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on August 02, 2012, 05:43:07 PM

I'd let you pick first cuz i'd take either one...  beauty is only a light switch away!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:

You're a "the glass is half full kind of guy aren't you!"

A383Wing

yea.."The Greatest American Hero" is where I remember that car from....but it had gun turrets as well.....

or was it "The A-Team"

Bryan

Indygenerallee

I do like the cobweb interior pic!!  :lol: The car looks like something the Munsters would drive!!  :smilielol: Gotta love the sunroof rear window!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Highbanked Hauler

JUST get a used roof for it and fix it :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

dkn1997

from the add:

Photo says the rest.

It sure does! 
RECHRGED

A383Wing

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 02, 2012, 09:26:22 PM
JUST get a used roof for it and fix it :Twocents:

the roof ain't the issue...it's still there....the roof has been lowered about 5" from what I see....side glass, vent frame & glass, front windshield & frame have been modified as well

the roof still retains it's original shape

Bryan

ChgrSteve67

It should be finished off to recreate this

The Hit Car - Greatest American Hero

A383Wing

yea ....I was watching the original "A-Team" TV series..that car above was in it as well....although it was not in running condition....

Bryan

Old Moparz

I wonder if that is the car from the TV show?   :shruggy:

They both looked chopped to me, & both have the vent wing window squared off on the top. Someone may have put a grille in & fixed up the headlights to drive it.

Then again, it could be that two nutty people separated at birth built 2 cars the same way.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

FastbackJon

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 02, 2012, 11:46:19 PM
I wonder if that is the car from the TV show?   :shruggy:

They both looked chopped to me, & both have the vent wing window squared off on the top. Someone may have put a grille in & fixed up the headlights to drive it.

Then again, it could be that two nutty people separated at birth built 2 cars the same way.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like it might be the same car. The show car has a hole in the front bumper for the 1966 Bumper Guards. Hard to tell if the sale car has the same thing.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Bobs69

The car in the above picture has a hood scoop where the rear window should be!

ChgrSteve67

It would be a fun car to recreate however it would not be legal to drive on the streets of CA and I'm not into trailering cars around.

myk

I'm 5'4" and I think my stock 69's roof height is "just right," I'd develop claustrophobia in a chopped car like that one.  Nevertheless, if that car was clean and set up properly it wouldn't be so bad IMO.  I mean, the 1st Gen has that whole crazy giant fast back thing going for it anyway-any other body 'mod sorta blends in, again IMO...

1974dodgecharger

Talked to the guy over the phone he said at the price of 21k is a 'STEAL' he said it was appriased at 35k, but wanted to give deals out  ::) ::) :o :o :o :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

kab69440

If he gave me fifty bucks, I'd appraise it at $200k.  Appraisals mean exactly squat.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

ACUDANUT

Quote from: kab69440 on August 07, 2012, 07:41:29 AM
If he gave me fifty bucks, I'd appraise it at $200k.  Appraisals mean exactly squat.

Very true.

Ghoste

And for the record, the one from the show is "less than pretty" too. :Twocents:

kab69440

It's no beauty queen, but kind of cool in a Mad Max sort of way...

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny