News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MEMBERS IN OREGON?

Started by DadsCharger00, July 19, 2012, 04:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Awesome. :2thumbs: It did look good.

What's the title of the class you were in? Did you get a plaque?

472 R/T SE

Woodburn's always only given out plaques.  They're the same design ever year just different year.

I entered B body modified.  It's a touchy subject with some owners'.  If I enter Hemi class, the Hemi owners snivel cause it's not a real Hemi car.  When I enter B body modified, they snivel that I should be in the Hemi class.

Part of the reason I quit showing the car.  Now I have no choice.

Tom Muir was there with his '69 GTX & he entered Hemi class anyways.  I didn't want to go up against a fellow club member/friend.  Cause let's face it, most real Hemi cars that are alive nowadays aren't a real desirable color. 

Some dude in a high impact color car with hood call outs & the car sounds incredible tends to make others feel inadequate. 

bull

People will always snivel. It's as sure as death and taxes.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 21, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
Quote from: bull on July 20, 2012, 08:22:47 PM
I'm probably 2-2.5 hours from Coos Bay depending on how many Prius driving commies are in my way. It might turn up at the Mopar Nationals this Sunday with a $25k price tag on it. I'll keep an eye out.

I bailed on the Salem show today.  It's just not the show it used to be.  Couple years ago we showed up @ the Target parking lot & if it wasn't for all my buddys' I paraded down there with I would have turned around.  Weak...

I'm meeting David & Danny on the Hwy. 14 onramp to 205 tomorrow morning.  
See ya' tomorrow Curtis.  :wave:

Due to a medical problem with one of our former members, there were as many as 4 different times/dates given out for our show last year (maybe the year before that too).  Thus we had a very poor turn out.  I probably shouldn't give out this much info, as it's a very personal matter, but a former founding member of the club came down with alzheimer's.  Very sad, she and her husband were huge car people, and had 4 old mopars prior to this happening (70 challenger, '69 GTX, '69 superbee, and a GTX convertable (not sure of the year...)).

472 R/T SE

I think I mentioned that.  I absolutely that disease.
It happens so fast.  I called my grandma from work one day and she didn't know who I was.  I sat there & cried.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 31, 2012, 08:50:48 PM
It happens so fast.  I called my grandma from work one day and she didn't know who I was.  I sat there & cried.

Yeah, it really sucks.  This gal is only in her '60s, not that old.   I've had two aunts that got it really bad, couldn't remember who they were, or even when and how to eat.  I'ts a he!! of a way to go. 

I don't wish that on anyone.

bull

Quote from: UH60L on August 02, 2012, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 31, 2012, 08:50:48 PM

Yeah, it really sucks.  This gal is only in her '60s, not that old.   I've had two aunts that got it really bad, couldn't remember who they were, or even when and how to eat.  I'ts a he!! of a way to go. 

I don't wish that on anyone.

My grandmother and one of my aunts had it. Grandma tried to eat a porcelain salt shaker and broke a bunch of her teeth out. :rotz: I didn't experience the latter portion of it with my aunt but I remember one trip I took with her a couple of years before she died and her conversations were all over the place. Plus it was nonstop talking for about 3.5 hours. It was almost as if she was trying to get every lucid thing out of her head before her mind went.