News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge ram SRT10....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 01, 2012, 02:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Whoooaaaa test drove one of these today and i have to say I almost gave the guy my money I been saving up for a 68 charger...

wow these things are powerful!!!!!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3114023381.html

DC_1

Mytur Binsdirti

I believe that they only have a 500 pound payload capacity in the bed.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 01, 2012, 08:01:56 AM

Wonder who'd win between one of these and a GMC Syclone?   They both did low 13's...
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 01, 2012, 08:01:56 AM

heh really, damn thats light as a feather......sucks same time.

mauve66

its a 1/4 tn trk so 500 lbs is correct..........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

472 R/T SE

Fastest production truck ever built.

I think my wife's pulls just as hard as my Charger & with my Charger I spanked a Syclone.   :shruggy:

36 Dodge Brothers

They are very fast! My friend owns one and he is thinking of trading it in for a new Challenger, I think he is nuts. That is a limited production truck and he already owns a 70' Cuda, what else can you ask for. One other thing I forgot to mention, he only has a one car garage on the hills of San Francisco so the truck currently resides on the street, how sad! :'( I will say one thing I would never give up my 68' Charger for a SRT10, you'll never have as much fun.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

472 R/T SE

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky in that my old lady doesn't mind me calling her the coolest chick in the 'hood.

The same reason we got a large pay out on her last truck that was totaled was it was low miles in great shape will be with this rig.  We treat the SRT the same, my Magnum gets driven out to her parents & any other distances' we travel.  Plus she works a mile away from the house.

The price of fuel & the fact they require premium has them at their lowest price right now.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 36 Dodge Brothers on August 02, 2012, 12:07:10 AM
They are very fast! My friend owns one and he is thinking of trading it in for a new Challenger, I think he is nuts. That is a limited production truck and he already owns a 70' Cuda, what else can you ask for. One other thing I forgot to mention, he only has a one car garage on the hills of San Francisco so the truck currently resides on the street, how sad! :'( I will say one thing I would never give up my 68' Charger for a SRT10, you'll never have as much fun.

well that puts things in perspective I had 15k in cash hand and there was a black one here in phx for 15k told and he agreed, but have not texted this person back. The thought of a viper engine is what really turns me on to this truck nothing else just the engine. I was looking at those engines with 6 speed they alone used go for 10k itself in running condition. I figure I could always sell the truck for 10k if the trucks paint or whatever was crap.

very very very tempting.....

Ghoste

Couple of guys I work with were big Ford Lightning fanatics and always spouting off about them.  That is until a customer stopped in one day with one of those SRT10's.  No drag strip real world proof but just goffing around near the shop here they both ended up admitting the Dodge was a worthy choice.

Paul G

Quote from: mauve66 on August 01, 2012, 06:24:52 PM

That was true for the lightning. Dont know about the Chevy SS. The SRT10 Ram is a standard 1/2 ton pick up. Comes from the factory with a class III hitch. Can tow 5000 lbs. And it is quite possibly the quickest vehicle I own! Dodge intended the SRT10 Ram to be used for towing ones Viper to the track or car shows. Mine gets a solid 10 MPG around town in daily driving. 13 on the highway. I love my truck!

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

472 R/T SE

Gas mileage not a concern I take it?

My ol' lady complains every once in a while.  I just tell that's the price you pay to be cool.   :coolgleamA:

mauve66

oh yeah, i forgot they went to the 2500 frame for the HP/TQ
we have a little ranger and the wife thinks we should keep a trk, "you never know when you will need one" she says, i'm working on her for a srt instead of reg hemi
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Paul G

Quote from: mauve66 on August 04, 2012, 10:16:26 AM
we have a little ranger and the wife thinks we should keep a trk, "you never know when you will need one" she says, i'm working on her for a srt instead of reg hemi

I was looking for something that could carry people like an SUV. But still had the utility of a pick up. The standard four door trucks fit that bill nicely. Then came the SRT10 Ram. Perfect fit! It has six seat belts in the 05 model. 06's have a center console and only seat five. I ended up going to San Diego for mine, an 05 model. Everything I saw nearby was trashed out.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

c00nhunterjoe

87 vs 93 when it comes to filling up your tank is only a few dollars more when you do the math. Its a 6 dollar difference to fill my car with 87 vs 93. If you are that worried over 6 dollars when buying a car then you should rethink you purchases.

Also, definatly don't count the lightnings out. Used to be a a ford tech that was svt certified. Those trucks are fast stock and with a few simple cheap mods they turn 12.0's consistantly.  The coolest was working with jonny lightning. He's a blast to work with and his trucks are sick!

1974dodgecharger

5k towing capacity is not much at all....you figure the trailer is what 2k max and viper 3k max? Arent you over the limit already or close to it with no room to spare if one was to tow the viper and have the SRT10 ram.

Quote from: Paul G on August 03, 2012, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on August 01, 2012, 06:24:52 PM

That was true for the lightning. Dont know about the Chevy SS. The SRT10 Ram is a standard 1/2 ton pick up. Comes from the factory with a class III hitch. Can tow 5000 lbs. And it is quite possibly the quickest vehicle I own! Dodge intended the SRT10 Ram to be used for towing ones Viper to the track or car shows. Mine gets a solid 10 MPG around town in daily driving. 13 on the highway. I love my truck!

mauve66

wonder why such a low rating to tow, my 05 tona was about 7800-8500 if i remember right, and it was only a 1500 frame, not 2500 like the srt's are
i have heard the trans didn't like towing much but as often as you MIGHT use it would it really be a problem
tow ratings from manufacturers are for long term durability so you can definitely go over it once in a while, they just don't to get sued if you hook up a 53 semi trailer on a fifth wheel in your 1500 series................... :smilielol:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Paul G

Quote from: mauve66 on August 05, 2012, 12:06:53 PM
wonder why such a low rating to tow, my 05 tona was about 7800-8500 if i remember right, and it was only a 1500 frame, not 2500 like the srt's are
i have heard the trans didn't like towing much but as often as you MIGHT use it would it really be a problem
tow ratings from manufacturers are for long term durability so you can definitely go over it once in a while, they just don't to get sued if you hook up a 53 semi trailer on a fifth wheel in your 1500 series................... :smilielol:

Well, the owners manual for the SRT10 Ram lists ratings for "Trailer Towing - Hitches" Class I hitch 2000 lbs, Class II hitch 3500 lbs, Class III 5000lbs, and Class IV 12000lbs. Which hitch is factory installed? Cant see any label on my hitch. It looks like a standard size reciever opening for Class III. My Silverado 3/4 ton work truck has a bigger reciever opening with a sleeve insert to accept my standard Class III draw bar. I just assume the Silverado has a Class IV 12000lb hitch. So acording to the SRT10 owners manual it can tow up to 12000lbs with a class IV hitch, but Dodge only installed a Class III. 

472 R/T SE

Quote from: mauve66 on August 05, 2012, 12:06:53 PM

The 10s' are 1500s'.

mauve66

not 2500's??  i heard that many many years ago in some magazine article, oh well
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

472 R/T SE

Quote from: mauve66 on August 06, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
not 2500's??  i heard that many many years ago in some magazine article, oh well

The iron block V10 could only be had in a 2500.  The Viper V10/1500 SRT10 & 2500 truck V10 share nothing but the amount of holes in the block.

I heard the 2500 motor was torque y but as you can imagine can't pass a fuel station.

ACUDANUT

The SRT truck is a not a 1/4 ton truck. It's a 1/2 ton.  You still should be able to put 1000 pounds in the back and be able to tow anything under 6k. :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

Ok nut I'm not giving you shit, what's a 1/4 ton?

1500=1/2
2500=3/4

750?  Cant use smiley with phone.  ;)

Paul G

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 07, 2012, 06:20:58 PM
Ok nut I'm not giving you shit, what's a 1/4 ton?

1500=1/2
2500=3/4

750?  Cant use smiley with phone.  ;)

El Camino, Ranchero, Ram 50 maybe?