News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 door scoops on a 68

Started by deanj309, July 30, 2012, 06:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanj309

Just a thought but I was thinking of putting some one my 68.idont want a rt clone so I was thinking of filling the rt with filler.I kinda like the look of the scoop, has any one done it.anyone have a pic of it filled in onthere car.opinion please

Ghoste

I have seen it on other years besides the 70 models but never with the RT filled.  I've seen them without the RT badging added to it but the indentation was of course still there.  No pics of any of them though.

Cooter

IMO, the door "Indentions" on a 1968-69 Are best served uncovered. It's the "Charger" trademark. Why cover them up?....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Yeah, I was always of the same opinion but whatever floats someone else's boat I guess?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Cooter on July 31, 2012, 11:19:14 AM
IMO, the door "Indentions" on a 1968-69 Are best served uncovered. It's the "Charger" trademark. Why cover them up?....

:iagree:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

AKcharger

true but I love the Longitudianl Stripes!

Ghoste

I do too but I think I prefer the bumblebee ones.  Just my opinion though.

tracpack440

Here are a couple of pics with out the lettering. This car is for sale on autotrader.
I wonder what year this car is . It has 68 tail lights, 69 side marker lights ?

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Ghoste

I believe that car belongs to a member here so there should be even more pics of it somewhere on the site.

Dino

I haven't seen that car in ages.  Always liked the level of quality but it sure looks weird.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Agreed and it sure makes for a hard sell I would think even with the work that went into it.  Like any custom really.

charger_fan_4ever

tan top

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 01, 2012, 11:42:45 AM

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Quote from: deanj309 on July 30, 2012, 06:26:24 PM
Just a thought but I was thinking of putting some one my 68... opinion please

My opinion?

FJ5WING

TRACKPAC440,

Catalina LOVES to Bust-A-Move! :boogie:
wingless now, but still around.

Fred

I do agree.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

BigBlackDodge

The '70 scoops don't even look right on a '70!

No offense to you '70 R/T owners! ;D

BBD

Ghoste

I've grown to accept them as change for the sake of change in 1970 but I tend to agree with you.

Cooter

IMO, if they hadn't come factory on a 1970, then then "Offered" as aftermarket sellers, these would have a whole different meaning. Just goes to show you how many will "Accept" a Stupid(IMO) move as long as it's deemed "Factory", even if it's tarded looking.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Or their opinions become less written in stone over time?? ;)

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 09, 2012, 05:16:43 PM
Or their opinions become less written in stone over time?? ;)

Nope, stupid looking, is stupid looking even if it came from the factory that way. I mean, look at the Newer cars being offered today like a Pontiac Aztek. Some will defend it as hard as the day is long becasue Chrysler deemed it that way. Secretly, they prolly can't stand it.

Ghoste

Well whether you choose to believe it or not, in my own case I just became much less rigid about things like door scoops on 70's.  I hated them once, now I accept it even if it isn't something I would want on my own car.  I guess I just decided over time that life was too short to hang on to a bunch of  hate.

JB400

Quote from: tracpack440 on August 16, 2012, 10:39:57 PM
Here are a couple of pics with out the lettering. This car is for sale on autotrader.
I wonder what year this car is . It has 68 tail lights, 69 side marker lights ?

Believe it or not, that is actually a 70.  It was built by Scott Leah.  He put 69 fenders on it and a 68 tail.  A tree fell on the roof, that's why he cut the top off.

Fred

Wow! that looks kind of weird to me. Don't like it. (don't hate me for it)

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

I uh, like the wheels on it

Something funky going on with the front bumper too as well as the r/t covers and no door hardware which just bland it out, Im just not sold on the batmobile look  :scratchchin:

I feel the flames coming  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.