News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plymouth Volare 76 question..

Started by Marck, July 30, 2012, 07:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hey guys...

My boss just bought a 76 Volare, and the oillamp is on.. Is the oillamp for level or pressure?

Thanks..  :2thumbs:
Marck

Ghoste

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Marck on July 30, 2012, 07:35:50 AM
Hey guys...

My boss just bought a 76 Volare, and the oillamp is on.. Is the oillamp for level or pressure?

Thanks..  :2thumbs:
Marck

As was just said it comes on for pressure................  It could be a bad sending unit or or wire touching ground. Sometimes the small block distributor being back there makes contact with the wire on the sending unit and its got a bad spot.

Worst case the motor has low oil pressure. I believe the light comes on when its 5lbs or less.

There is a specific oil sending unit for the dummy light or the pressure gauge depending on what your car has.

Todd

Marck

Thanks guys, I passed on the info..  :2thumbs:
For further questions, do you know any board that he could go to? I only go to DC.com so I don't know which way to point him...
Thanks guys again..  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

HPP

Moparstyle has a decent F body forum. Allpar has an F body forum. There also are aspenandvolare.com, fbodymopars.com and jason's aspen and volare club on geocities.org.

Marck

Thanks guys again.. I'll pass those sites on to him.. DC.com is the best...  :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Doesn't sound like a high paying job if your boss' new car is a 76 Volare.   :eek2:

Marck

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 31, 2012, 05:38:19 AM
Doesn't sound like a high paying job if your boss' new car is a 76 Volare.   :eek2:

You could say that, but it wouldn't be true...
He's just getting his feet wet in the hobby, and didn't want to invest serious cash before he knew for certain it was for him.. I can appreciate that.. It seems like a responsible thing to do..
Btw he makes more than 100.000$ a year, and I'd swap salery with him in a heartbeat...  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

What kind of car should my boss drive so I know if my job pays well or not?

HPP

I've had a couple of them. the '76s and t-top cars tend to have huge rust issues compared to the later versions, but F bodys are actually pretty decent for later model mopars. Yeah, the bent bar suspension isn't the greatest, but it can be fixed to perform better. If you want to go all out, AlterK makes a system for it. They are as wide an a B body, but as short as an A body. Big blocks fit fairly easily and the rear suspension can be built up the same as any other mopar. They are a bit weighty for their size, but careful use of a sawzall can fix that. My last one was a 360 drag car that would run low 12s @ 105 at Bandimere in Denver on d.o.t. tires.

Marck

Quote from: Marck on July 31, 2012, 06:12:21 AM
Doesn't sound like a high paying job if your boss' new car is a 76 Volare.   :eek2:

He's just getting his feet wet in the hobby, and didn't want to invest serious cash before he knew for certain it was for him.. I can appreciate that.. It seems like a responsible thing to do..
Btw he makes more than 100.000$ a year, and I'd swap salery with him in a heartbeat...  

:edit:
I see now I misunderstood your post..
You were questioning my salery and not my boss..
I make just shy of 65.000$ a year..

Mytur Binsdirti

Doesn't sound like a high paying job if your boss' new car is a 76 Volare.   :eek2:

Btw he makes more than 100.000$ a year, and I'd swap salery with him in a heartbeat...  :2thumbs:

Getting into a 76 Volare isn't really like getting one's feet wet; that's more like stepping into a septic tank. Tell that cheap bastard to put a crowbar in his wallet & pony up some more dough & get himself a good car.   Make sure that you tell him that I said it. :lol:

Marck

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 31, 2012, 11:36:13 AM

Btw he makes more than 100.000$ a year, and I'd swap salery with him in a heartbeat...  :2thumbs:

Getting into a 76 Volare isn't really like getting one's feet wet; that's more like stepping into a septic tank. Tell that cheap bastard to put a crowbar in his wallet & pony up some more dough & get himself a good car.   Make sure that you tell him that I said it. :lol:

I actually did tell him something along those lines, but he made sense to me when he said he wanted to se if he would love actually having an American car as much as he loved the idea of having one, before spending big bucks...  :2thumbs:

stripedelete

He won't have to spend much for front fenders.

Ghoste

Just wondering but how common is a 76 Volare over there?  Is it a relatively well known car or a freak no one has heard of?

Marck

Marck

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2012, 12:36:45 PM
Just wondering but how common is a 76 Volare over there?  Is it a relatively well known car or a freak no one has heard of?
Not that common I would say.. I know of 2 cars, and on the danish equivalent to Cardomain there is 3, one being one of the ones I know..
This is the car my boss bought..
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/galleri/229994-plymouth_volare

stripedelete

Quote from: Marck on July 31, 2012, 01:03:59 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on July 31, 2012, 12:13:43 PM
You got me... Why?

Around 1980 they had a recall on the Aspen/Volare front fenders because of rust.  They shipped the dealers fenders in some proportion to cars sold.(who knows what kind of math they used in those days)   Because most the cars were already scrap by the time they were recalled, dealers ended up with mountains of new fenders.   About the same time one C/P/D dealer was closing each week.  Well, you can take it from there...
There are likely more NOS fenders floating around out there than there are cars.

I did not see that you live in Denmark when I posted - that might be a game changer.    ::)

Mytur Binsdirti

Just wondering but how common is a 76 Volare over there?  Is it a relatively well known car or a freak no one has heard of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

You got me... Why?

Aspen & Volare front fenders started rotting (not rusting) as soon as they left the assembly line.   :lol:  They all were eventually replaced under the factory warranty.

Marck

Quote from: stripedelete on July 31, 2012, 01:23:35 PM
You got me... Why?

Around 1980 they had a recall on the Aspen/Volare front fenders because of rust.  They shipped the dealers fenders in some proportion to cars sold.(who knows what kind of math they used in those days)   Because most the cars were already scrap by the time they were recalled, dealers ended up with mountains of new fenders.   About the same time one C/P/D dealer was closing each week.  Well, you can take it from there...
There are likely more NOS fenders floating around out there than there are cars.

I did not see that you live in Denmark when I posted - that might be a game changer.    ::)
Ah, okay.. I didn't know that. Thanks..  :2thumbs:
The car has actually been in Denmark since 76, so I don't know if that will change anything..?  :shruggy:

Marck

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 31, 2012, 01:26:59 PM
Just wondering but how common is a 76 Volare over there?  Is it a relatively well known car or a freak no one has heard of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

You got me... Why?

Aspen & Volare front fenders started rotting (not rusting) as soon as they left the assembly line.   :lol:  They all were eventually replaced under the factory warranty.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Love the cricket...  :smilielol: