News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TUFCAT's Original Paint '67 Coronet Rear-Ended

Started by TUFCAT, July 29, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Unrestored or restored, you still have a special car.

When you show it I would set up pix of it before & explain it all?  If it's getting repainted that is?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 18, 2012, 09:13:46 PM
Rob, great to see you back here :icon_smile_wink:.  Brian, I'll definately post pictures.  :popcrn:
Why were'd I go  :shruggy:  I was over at the Volt thread getting beat up.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

good news   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   ,   true bummer no longer original paint  , but  least you know whats under the new paint job , straight metal  , if you know what i mean :yesnod:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

Glad to hear things have gotten worked out. :2thumbs:  As far as the original paint :pity: it was going to happen sometime anyway.  At least your the first one to get to enjoy the new patina.

bill440rt

:cheers:

VERY glad to hear this is getting resolved. Your car is SO nice, it deserves special treatment.
Perhaps leaving the rest of the parts alone aside from the repaint it will still retain some of it's "patina"? I've seen that done before on survivors where the engine compartment or engine was repainted.

Whichever route you're going, I'm sure it will be it's ol' stunning self when completed.  :bow:
Pics, please!!  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BananaDan

Tuffy, I'm so sorry to hear what happened.  I had no idea, I haven't been on the site much since Carlisle - life's been very busy.  I'm glad to see it's getting sorted out and you're ok, and sorry about the loss of her virginity but hey, it has to happen to all cars at some point unless we keep them in a cocoon and 45 years is a good run!  Good luck with the repairs, and I hope you can make it to Carlisle next year!
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Piper

model maker

Piper, your 68 charger in your avatar loks just like my 68 charger i had in high school. When someone hits a classic car they don't hit just "ANY" car, they hit & destroy something that has existed unharmed for 40 plus years. sure it can be repaired & repainted but you lose that  " ALL ORIGINAL" description. It is a permanate blemish on a car that has never seen as much as a scratch all because someone makes the decision to drive carelessly with their "cookie cutter" car is just a means of transportation and unfortuneately, they think of everyone elses car, classic or not as just that, transportation and scoff at the mention of a 40 year old car being worth a huge sum of money.  you often hear them say something like " OH THATS ALL THATS WRONG WITH IT, MY BROTHER IN LAWS FRIEND CAN FIX THAT IN HIS GARAGE NO PROBLEM "!  yeah right. I am sorry you had to go through that experience, especially when you were on YOUR way to a car show.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

A383Wing

Hey Kitty, glad to hear issue is being resolved. I hope it will be finished to your satisfaction instead of the insurance company's idea of fixed

Bryan

TUFCAT

Don't worry Bryan, this kitty is all over that!  :yesnod: :yesnod:

hemi-hampton

Any Updates? Did the entire car get repainted? LEON.

TUFCAT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 07, 2012, 09:14:27 PM
Any Updates? Did the entire car get repainted? LEON.

Hey Leon, yep the entire car will get repainted. It will probably happen in a few months though because I want to take it apart.

JB400

Are you over the tears yet, or are you getting excited about seeing your pride and joy looking new again?

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 08, 2012, 01:21:24 PM
Are you over the tears yet, or are you getting excited about seeing your pride and joy looking new again?

Yes, Very much!  But I'm not going to rush into anything so everything will be dis-assembled, cleaned, bagged and tagged - BY ME!!  I don't want all my nice parts stored elsewhere in somebody's shop.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dino on November 08, 2012, 03:19:20 PM
Where are you taking it for paint Tom?

Most likely Palermo's Collision in White Lake, Mi  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 08, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Can't say I know them but will look into them.  If you need to borrow an eye, I painted cars for 15 years so I'd be happy to go over it when it's done.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 08, 2012, 04:11:25 PM

Do you mean Whitmore lake? LEON.

TUFCAT

bakerhillpins

Are you going to pull the engine and get that new 383 in there at the same time?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 08, 2012, 09:05:00 PM
Are you going to pull the engine and get that new 383 in there at the same time?

Absolutely brother!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 08, 2012, 09:06:30 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 08, 2012, 09:05:00 PM

Absolutely brother!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Excellent!  I am happy to hear.  :drool5:   Can't wait to be able to see the car in person and even cruse with you some day.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

I'll have to stop by and see it again when it gets home.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2012, 06:47:09 AM
I'll have to stop by and see it again when it gets home.

Definately!... I'll give you some work to do :icon_smile_wink: