News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TUFCAT's Original Paint '67 Coronet Rear-Ended

Started by TUFCAT, July 29, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Hi friends...  I never thought I'd be posting this bad news. :oye:

Saturday morning my Coronet got smacked sitting at a stop on the way to a car show. :'(

The damage could have been much worse, luckilly the guy tried to swerve and avoid hitting dead on saving the tail-lights and finish panel. (thank you God!)  :angel:

This thread could also be titled "Another Survivor Mopar Lost It's Virginity"

I've been so bummed I couldn't take photos or post until today.  When the 911 police dispatcher asked if there were any injuries I said "No, just a beautiful 1967 Dodge Coronet"....any car guy would understand.

Now for the pictures....   :eek2:

TUFCAT

Last ones......:icon_smile_dissapprove:

ChgrSteve67

that sucks

Who does he have for insurance?

Are you going to have the whole car painted?

A383Wing

DC_1

69 OUR/TEA

twodko

Tuffy you OK? Neck feel alright? That's so sad, sorry to see that.  :'(
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

Uggh, I'm gonna be sick.  :puke:

So, so sorry to see this.  :'(
Looks like the only replacement parts needed is a rear bumper & possibly a quarter extention? How is the side molding? Hopefully whoever is doing the repairs can keep the refinishing within the quarter from saving having to repaint the whole side.
But even more importantly, how are YOU???

Wishing you the best thru this. Jeez, I hate to see sh*t like this happen to good folks.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charge69

WOW, very bad luck for that beauty of a Coronet and you too, Tufcat ! I hope his insuance will take care of the damage and the car doesn't require a total repaint ! Very sorry for your luck with this and glad you seem to be OK ! :'( :'( :'(

myk

You know when stuff like this happens I can't help but think that the other driver was probably texting, shaving, eating, reading the paper, or whatever.  How do you NOT SEE a car like a '67 Coronet in front of you?  Seeing a car like that or any one of ours SHOULD make a person stop and at least acknowledge the car as it doesn't look like anything else on the damn road, consequently slowing them down but......I guess not!

tan top

awwww man  noooooooooo  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:  , sorry to see this  !!  !!   not as bad as it could of been ,     its the paint  deal  thats the biggie  :brickwall:  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bobs66440

Oh, man! I feel your pain. I had the identical situation a few months ago. It will all work out in the end as long as you get a good body guy.  :2thumbs:

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Getting rear ended is one of my biggest concerns when I take my car out. I feel for you and I hope this gets resolved painlessly and to your satisfaction.

NHCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 29, 2012, 05:53:38 PM
Getting rear ended is one of my biggest concerns when I take my car out.

:iagree: :iagree: My wife just doesn't understand when I'm at a stop light with the Charger I stop well before the car in front and am constantly tapping the brake and checking the rear view mirror.

Tom, that really suxs. Hopefully his insurance will not try to cheap out of this.
What was the other drivers excuse?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

myk

Another thing is this: where's he going to take it to?  I hope he has a place all lined up.  As far as I'm concerned, the body shop industry is EVIL...

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

resq302

Wow.  sorry to hear that Tom.  From the pics the damage does not look that bad and hopefully the quarter can be just pulled out.  Hopefully they can blend the paint in well enough since it is single stage original paint.  Most importantly you are not hurt.  Still sucks though but be as picky as you want when and with who will be fixing the car.  It has to be up to your standards!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: resq302 on July 29, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
Wow.  sorry to hear that Tom.  From the pics the damage does not look that bad and hopefully the quarter can be just pulled out.  Hopefully they can blend the paint in well enough since it is single stage original paint.  Most importantly you are not hurt.  Still sucks though but be as picky as you want when and with who will be fixing the car.  It has to be up to your standards!
Agree, I understand it could of been way worst and the pain of losing it's original paint, hopefully a small blend maybe?  :angel:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Bummer Tufcat. Hope it gets fixed good as new, though I know it's not the same. :rotz:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bakerhillpins

:eek2:   Such a sad thing to see.  Such a beautiful car.

Tuffy told me in an PM that he is fine but seriously bummed.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to see that bro.  Hopefully it all works out for you :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.