News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PROFILE: location?

Started by crankypat, July 27, 2012, 09:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crankypat

SEEMS SOME PEOPLE LIST LOCATION AND OTHERS NOT, WONDERING WHY? :shruggy: :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

Probably because it's up to a user to decide?  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

personal preference I guess....you never know who's looking at your info...in this day and age of electronics, someone could probably find out where you are if they knew where about you lived.

some people would go to great lengths to either find out where you live and probably steal what you own. Identity theft is big also

I'm not saying members here would do that, but even lurkers and non-registered people could find where you are without much more than a city

Bryan

crankypat

helpful when your looking to buy or help out... yeah id. theft, and other crapartists.never gave it much thought til now... :shruggy: :Twocents:

67440chrg

I guess I never thought about it before but if I gave the city I lived in and at some point my name . Someone could look me up and know my address. If they could dodge a bullet they could get my dodge.

TK73

I tried but it didn't work...

[edit]  figured it out, don't use "location" put in "personal text"...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

A383Wing

I have "Lost & Confused" in my location....which is 100% true in my case

Bryan

Steve P.

As TK did, you can add your location to "personal text" if you want it to show with your avatar.  You can also put your location in LOCATION and if someone really wants to know more about your local, they will see it on your profile...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Quote from: 67440chrg on July 27, 2012, 10:37:00 PM
I guess I never thought about it before but if I gave the city I lived in and at some point my name . Someone could look me up and know my address. If they could dodge a bullet they could get my dodge.
i know   :nana: :nana: :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mytur Binsdirti

Lennard

Quote from: crankypat on July 27, 2012, 10:33:29 PM
  helpful when your looking to buy or help out...
Personal Message works fine in those cases.

A383Wing

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Cooter

You piss someone off bad enough to have them find out where you live, posting it on an online forum isn't gonna help/hinder them. They already know where you are and what color your shorts are by then. Try as you might, i got a buddy [who's in the clink right now], that can find ANYBODY, ANYTIME...I'm just glad I'm considered his "Bud". :lol:

This stuff is SCARY! I've seen him ask me to name someone at random, someone I don't even know exists or not, and he'll type in a few things and BOOM! There's everything you ever wanted to know about them right there.

It's crazy to think by not posting your name,addy in your profile will stop anyone from getting your location. This guy makes it look almost too easy. Too many people are concerned with covering only the doors they know about....It's the back three they miss that get them...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: A383Wing on July 27, 2012, 11:18:10 PM

Bryan

It's actually "Old & Confused." Perhaps it's more true than you think.

mauve66

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on July 31, 2012, 12:39:09 PM

Bryan

so true in his case..............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

Quote from: mauve66 on July 31, 2012, 06:50:40 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on July 31, 2012, 12:39:09 PM

Bryan

so true in his case..............

yea..it's true....old, lost & confuzed....how's that?

Quiet Pinky  :slap:

Bryan