News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any ideas what would cause this

Started by beata, July 30, 2012, 05:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beata

went to start my charger after sitting for two weeks & started right up for about five seconds and shut down...tried to start again & it would not fire,opened the hood took air cleaner off and tried to start and fuel was just gushing out of the primary vent tube...car ran fine before all this...what would cause this...this is a holley 750 dbl. pump...thx

Cooter

Try tapping LIGHTLY on the front float bowl. Sounds like a stuck float.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

histoy

Dirt may have lodged in the needle and seat.  If Cooter's idea doesn't work, then disconnect the fuel line from the carb, and plug the end of the fuel line.  After the excess gas evaporates from the engine, it should start.  Run the engine until it runs out of gas, then hook up the gas line.  Restart the engine, and the rush of gas through the needle and seat will usually wash out any dirt.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then you'll have to remove the float bowl and inspect the float for damage, clean off the needle and seat, and check the float setting.   Good luck!