News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FL Residents, question...

Started by gsniegow, July 30, 2012, 11:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsniegow

Next week I will be in Orlando doing the whole Disney thing with the family.  My in-laws live there and are suggesting that they buy our park tickets with their FL Resident discount.  It looks like I could literally save hundreds of dollars doing it this way.  My cooncern though is, when I get to the gate with these tickets, will they also want to see some sort of id?  Or is the id only needed when purchasing the tickets? 

Has anyone ever done this before?  I would hate to spend all that money and find out that I coudl not enter the park(s) and then need to spend even more money to buy the regular priced tickets!

Vainglory, Esq.

They want ID!? Clearly, they're trying to keep the minorities out of Disneyworld. It's a civil rights issue.

gsniegow

Thank you BBD. 

So as long as my inlaws purchase the tickets and perform the exchange at the window with their Florida ID's, it looks like it might work!  They in turn would hand the actual tickets over to me and viola!   ;) 

While I hate to be like this, I can't see paying $1,252 for a 4 day hopper pass when I can get the same pass from them for $882, a savings of $370! 

Tilar

$1252 for 4 days at disney world?!?!?  Holy crap, do you get a reach around and a kiss with that?  :o  :o
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

gsniegow

Quote from: Tilar on July 30, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
$1252 for 4 days at disney world?!?!? 

That's JUST for the park tickets!!!!

HPP

I was browsing through some old books from my Gradnmother's house yesterday and found a ticket stub from Disneyland, circa 1984. Price of admission, $13, all day.

elacruze

As a tangent from the parks; In all the U.S., I've only found 5 steakhouses worth eating at. This is one, in Kissimmee right near the parks.

http://www.pacinos.com/index.php
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: gsniegow on July 30, 2012, 03:12:46 PM
Quote from: Tilar on July 30, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
$1252 for 4 days at disney world?!?!? 

That's JUST for the park tickets!!!!

Yup...just came back from 5 days in Disney....2 in Universal & 1 in Sea World

Meal plan at Disney is well worth it.   Dinners for 4 of us (4 adults) was over $150 every night!  Lunch was almost $100 as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gsniegow

Been to that steak house and I was quite pleased!

OK - So I dug a bit deeper this morning and I have come to learn that I can not simply have my in-laws do the ticket exchange and hand them over to me as it appears that Disney ALSO now takes your finger prints!  They certainly have investedd quite a bit to save themselves from people like me!

Luckily as my children are under 18, my in-laws can purchase their tickets without an id, so I can trim some savings off there.

So now I am looking everywhere I can for discounts for my wife and I.  I have found a couple of sources for small discounts, that should save a few bucks but what a hassle! LOL

DISCLAIMER:  I try to live my life as a good Christian man...  I just can't justify the astronomical prices that Disney charges.  If they were reasonable and fair I would gladly just pay what they are asking.  However!  Are we really getting $1,252 (PLUS tax) worth of services / entertainment in four days time?  So please forgive me and my desire to find every possible way to cut that back some.   

chargerboy69

Yea ticket prices are a little much, but when compared to food at Disney. .  :P

We are planning another trip to Disney for next spring and I have found these. He has been selling Disney tickets on E-Bay for 5 years with 100 percent feedback, and people are getting in without issues.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/justice645/m.html?hash=item2a20eadb7d&item=180940888957&pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on July 30, 2012, 02:29:25 PM
They want ID!? Clearly, they're trying to keep the minorities out of Disneyworld. It's a civil rights issue.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disney should have a vote on it:
"Changes to in-person & absentee voting & voter registration; provisional ballots."
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RECHRGD

The last time I was at Disneyland the deluxe ticket package was $5.00 for the day.  That was in 1957.......
13.53 @ 105.32

gsniegow

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 31, 2012, 10:16:59 AM
Yea ticket prices are a little much, but when compared to food at Disney. .  :P

We are planning another trip to Disney for next spring and I have found these. He has been selling Disney tickets on E-Bay for 5 years with 100 percent feedback, and people are getting in without issues.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/justice645/m.html?hash=item2a20eadb7d&item=180940888957&pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I checked his ad and unless I am missing something, he is actually charging more then the gate prices?

On Disney website, a 4 day park hopper pass for 2 people is $626 (before tax).  His price is $645 for the same package???  OK, tax may be the difference here???  So you know, I found a site, http://www.undercovertourist.com/landing.html which sells a 4 day hopper pass for 2 people for roughly $588 (before tax).  It's a legit site recognized by Disney.  I very well may be using them, depending on if they have a pickup location in Orlando.

Thanks for looking out for me though!

66FBCharger

I too will be going to see Mickey in the next year or too. I would love to hear tips to help cut the cost of the experience.
I have heard from multiple people that Disney is a great experience EXCEPT they always have their hand in your pocket and are trying to separate you from as much of your cash as possible. Is this true?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

gsniegow

Quote from: 66FBCharger on July 31, 2012, 11:01:35 AM
I too will be going to see Mickey in the next year or too. I would love to hear tips to help cut the cost of the experience.
I have heard from multiple people that Disney is a great experience EXCEPT they always have their hand in your pocket and are trying to separate you from as much of your cash as possible. Is this true?

I've gone every other year for the last 20 years.  YES, that is true!!!!

Here is a good link with allot of saving techniques.  http://www.mousesavers.com/  Some insane tips in there.  For example, there is a tip on how to buy two slices of bread, ten use the peanut butter and jelly condiments to make your child a PB&J sandwhich for under $2.00!!!  Now, will I follow all of thosse ideas?  Not likely as I am not that patient!   But there are ideas to pick and choose from!

hemi68charger

I love my military discount...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford