News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket seat frames for 69 that are like the originals?

Started by bonfire1009, July 26, 2012, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonfire1009

I am finding that there are not any aftermarket seats, if I can describe my question correctly, as in the frame of the seat for a 69' Charger.  Does anyone know of a place?  I am only able to find the skins.
Thanks,

moparstuart

your going to have to find used cores out there all 68-69 b body buckets have the same frame  if you go 68 you will need to buy head rest and hardware but they are avalible new
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

Quote from: moparstuart on July 26, 2012, 10:21:07 PM
your going to have to find used cores out there all 68-69 b body buckets have the same frame  if you go 68 you will need to buy head rest and hardware but they are avalible new

If you are trying to return the car to OEM trim and it was produced before Jan 1 69 then you would only need the head rests if it was on the broadcast sheet.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

There may be seat *tracks* in the near future but no one is making the entire seat frame. You have to buy used.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bonfire1009

so the hunt for the core begins

you brought up the year, my engine/transmission is not the original and i do not have a fender tag.  do you know which site i can compare my serial # to know when it was made?

Thanks for your help. :cheers:

myk

Dang are those seat cores worth anything?  I just remembered I left them at the body shop... :-\

Troy

Quote from: myk on July 28, 2012, 09:57:00 AM
Dang are those seat cores worth anything?  I just remembered I left them at the body shop... :-\
Yes, try buying a set!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

myk

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: myk on July 28, 2012, 01:26:28 PM
Good God what have I done!

The modern equivalent of what I did with the tattered remains of Sinnamon's original front buckets 30 years ago...  except mine went to a landfill...    your body shop put yours on CL ( $$$ ).
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.