News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reality check:Unanswered questions about the Colorado massacre

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, July 26, 2012, 11:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Quote from: Budnicks on July 26, 2012, 04:50:53 PM
I know I will probably catch flack for this by the liberals but, they know this guy did it, he sat in his car & waited for them to arrest him, he has confessed & told the police he booby trap his apartment also, why is this guy even on trial ??, why isn't this guy in front of a firing squad ?? that's all rhetorical questions, I already know the answers to...

Everybody is afforded a trial, equal protection under the 14th (?)

THEN:

.223 isn't very expensive... Army already has the guns...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

Quote from: elacruze on July 26, 2012, 10:11:20 PM
I know I will probably catch flack for this by the liberals but, they know this guy did it, he sat in his car & waited for them to arrest him, he has confessed & told the police he booby trap his apartment also, why is this guy even on trial ??, why isn't this guy in front of a firing squad ?? that's all rhetorical questions, I already know the answers to...

...because nobody in that theater was allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Had I been in that theater, he'd be a dead duck.

Any more info on a policy (or state law) that prevented anybody from carrying in a Colorado theater?
If no policy or law then everybody in that theater CHOSE not to carry.

2nd doesn't guarantee you can carry wherever you want...

TK73

Quick internet search:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/StatePatrol-Main/CBON/1251594549010

Colorado allows a person to carry a firearm in a vehicle, loaded or unloaded, if its use is for lawful protection of such person or another's person or property. [C.R.S. 18-12-105(2)] Colorado law also allows a person to possess a handgun in a dwelling, place of business, or automobile. However, you cannot carry the weapon concealed on or about your person while transporting it into your home, business, hotel room, etc. Local jurisdictions may not enact laws that restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon. [C.R.S. 18-12-105.6] The Act permits the nationwide carrying of concealed handguns by qualified current and retired law enforcement officers and amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Pub. L. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213) to exempt qualified current and retired law enforcement officers from state and local laws prohibiting the carry of concealed firearms.

TK73

WA is very cool on carry laws.

Open carry and concealed permits

http://washingtongunrights.com/
http://www.opencarry.org/wa.html

We also have the highest per capita concealed licenses of any state; 1 in 14

bull

Quote from: TK73 on July 27, 2012, 01:24:32 PM
Any more info on a policy (or state law) that prevented anybody from carrying in a Colorado theater?
If no policy or law then everybody in that theater CHOSE not to carry.

2nd doesn't guarantee you can carry wherever you want...

From what I've heard and read, Cinemark/AMC has had an anti-gun policy in place for years. Been trying to find the company's written policy on the topic but can't seem to. However, in the wake of the Aurora incident they've banned fake guns and face-concealing masks too.

djcarguy

Quote from: ITSA426 on July 27, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
I don't think anymore should be said about this.  The shooter's name should never be mentioned.  He should get no more news coverage, or opinion pieces, or any other publicity.  If his name is never mentioned publicly it would take some of the thrill and notoriety from him.

People should not speculate about what they would have done.  We don't need talk of amateur firefights in a dark theater filled with civilians.  Life is not a video game.

There need not be anymore talk about second amendment rights from people willing to give up the first amendment or any other constitutional protections.  

I think it's a time for common sense and cooler heads.
======i agree================vaporrise bad people============================================i agree====

HAVE a special prison ,at the neuclear test site in nevada under ground with bread water and glow bugs... and do a test every year ,boom,,to clean the place out and restock??

chargerboy69

Quote from: TK73 on July 27, 2012, 01:15:16 PM

Everybody is afforded a trial, equal protection under the 14th (?)

THEN:

.223 isn't very expensive... Army already has the guns...

I knew if I waited long enough I would find something we could agree upon besides cars.  ;)

And I will donate the bullet.

To be honest, I prefer a hanging in the town square but that is just me I guess.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

HPP

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 27, 2012, 01:08:13 PM
Here are the facts that I have heard about the case so far:

The shooter was a PhD canidate in Neuroscience at DU.  He had perfect grades before entering that school, but started faultering during the year.  He failed an oral exam, which can be critical in getting a PhD.  

Small nit but it was CU, not DU. The school is not commenting on his academic status, the results from his oral exam, or their finacancial aid program which is used by PhD candidates. They have said he was in a formal withdrawl process and they are cooperating with the investigation. I too have heard reports of him struggling academically, but do not know the source.

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 27, 2012, 01:08:13 PM
He sent a notebook describing his plans to a school phsycologyst.  It was not found until after the shooting.  Could someone have acted if it was found earlier?  

Probably not since it arrived at the school mail room on the Friday morning after the shooting. The school has said all mail comes in to a central receiving area where it is then sorted by departments and then goes on a delivery schedule. It may not have reached the addressed professor until  sometime this week or maybe even next week if the police did not go looking for it.

Budnicks

:2thumbs: Like I said, "I already know answer to", I'm well aware of the dirt bags rights to a trial, it was a rhetorical question... Man it did stimulate an argument though...  :shruggy: Public hanging or his head on a chopping block or in a gyateen {spelling French ??} for all the public to see, maybe if that stuff was publicly shown, it may deter some of these wackos, but I doubt it...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Steve P.

I do not believe our laws are tough enough. In many cases we don't even come close to an eye for an eye.. In this case I believe they should use his own weapons on him, but do it slowly. Starting with toes... With all the ammo he bought I am sure there is some left....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TK73

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 27, 2012, 02:44:54 PM

I knew if I waited long enough I would find something we could agree upon besides cars.  ;)

Most likely we have similar opinions on IL-legal immigration too... no BS "undocumented" crap.

Mike DC

I don't see why these incidents cause so much public debate in the first place.  

People sometimes do this stuff.  They kill complete strangers for no reason.  It's been going on for thousands of years.  We live in a pretty nonviolent time & place compared to the rest of human history, and it still happens at least once every couple years.  It's a sad story but it's no reason to make big changes to our society or laws.  

All we need to do is what we're already going to do - convict the asshole fair and square, lock him up, and forget about him.  (Or just fry him the day after the trial, I don't care.)  Nothing else is required.  The best way to honor the victims and dishonor the asshole is not to give the incident any big cultural impact.

bull

Maybe one thing we can do is figure out why some young males feel the need to massacre people when things don't go their way.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

myk

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 28, 2012, 02:16:40 AM

All we need to do is what we're already going to do - convict the asshole fair and square, lock him up, and forget about him.  (Or just fry him the day after the trial, I don't care.)  Nothing else is required.  The best way to honor the victims and dishonor the asshole is not to give the incident any big cultural impact.

Roger that.  This self-proclaimed "Joker" just wants attention-the best we can do is just convict him and forget about/kill him...

TK73

Quote from: Steve P. on July 28, 2012, 10:15:36 AM
I think it's due to NOT getting "ANY"....

Uh oh, I'm in trouble...

Any Chinese "massage parlors" around here?

myk

Quote from: TK73 on July 28, 2012, 10:43:30 AM

Uh oh, I'm in trouble...

Any Chinese "massage parlors" around here?

Heh.  Reminds me of Clint Eastwood's "In the Line of Fire" when his character tells the presidential assassin "(Booth), sounds like you just need to get laid."

c00nhunterjoe

He'll plead insanity and get a free lawyer paid for by our tax dollars.

The jury members will have to take off work and get paid 16 dollars per day as compensation and probably have to pay 10 bucks a day to park at the court"s special lot.

He'll be found guilty and sentnenced to life in prison, it will have to be max security with confinement based on the crime and other inmates wanting to kill him. The avg cost of this sentence is 60,000 dollars per year, per inmate. He will get 3 hot meals a day, a bed, private bathroom and shower, cable tv, access to multiple activities....... all on our dime.

Who is the real loser in this case?

Tilar

You're right, but it's a matter of not getting "any" of the right thing.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

myk

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 28, 2012, 11:16:55 AM
He'll plead insanity and get a free lawyer paid for by our tax dollars.

The jury members will have to take off work and get paid 16 dollars per day as compensation and probably have to pay 10 bucks a day to park at the court"s special lot.

He'll be found guilty and sentnenced to life in prison, it will have to be max security with confinement based on the crime and other inmates wanting to kill him. The avg cost of this sentence is 60,000 dollars per year, per inmate. He will get 3 hot meals a day, a bed, private bathroom and shower, cable tv, access to multiple activities....... all on our dime.

Who is the real loser in this case?

You're right on all accounts but I am going to say that no one will be the winner here.  Why?  Well the easiest part of that is we the tax payers, the murdered and all of their grieving friends and family, for obvious reasons.  However, I'll say that this POS doesn't win either because he won't end up with the eternal notoriety and fame that he desperately wants.  Like the Joker character that he thinks he is, this kid desperately wanted to make a deep, profound impact on the world that would change us forever.  Ultimately, he'll be forgotten and cast away to rot in jail like all of the other countless murderers and criminals that went in before him.  He wanted to be special, to be seen beyond his ordinary life and be remembered for something great, but in the end he's just another, run-of-the-mill, murdering piece of s**t.

YOU LOSE KID, HAVE A GOOD LIFE...

Cooter

Quote from: bull on July 28, 2012, 10:04:37 AM
Maybe one thing we can do is figure out why some young males feel the need to massacre people when things don't go their way.

For the same reason people act so surprized when someone attempts to embarrass someone on an online forum in public, face to face, etc. and they get the third degree and someone shows up on their doorstep knocking on the door. You f*ck around some people and it's like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. You just happened to be the person that set it off. Some folks are walking around with some serious problems right as we are reading this, yet, you always have one or two that can't understand why they got shot or whatever when they picked the wrong muthaf*cka to f*ck with. The bar has been raised to include, but limited to, killin' people when they feel they have been wronged. Of course, the attention it garners helps things along as well. Some people are secure in the fact that if confronted, they can and will resolve the situtation, others will f*ckin' kill your ass.

A mind is a terrible thing to screw with, especially, if it has some wiring problems from the git-go. :Twocents:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Quote from: Cooter on July 28, 2012, 12:09:13 PM

For the same reason people act so surprized when someone attempts to embarrass someone on an online forum in public, face to face, etc. and they get the third degree and someone shows up on their doorstep knocking on the door. You f*ck around some people and it's like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. You just happened to be the person that set it off. Some folks are walking around with some serious problems right as we are reading this, yet, you always have one or two that can't understand why they got shot or whatever when they picked the wrong muthaf*cka to f*ck with. The bar has been raised to include, but limited to, killin' people when they feel they have been wronged. Of course, the attention it garners helps things along as well. Some people are secure in the fact that if confronted, they can and will resolve the situtation, others will f*ckin' kill your ass.

A mind is a terrible thing to screw with, especially, if it has some wiring problems from the git-go. :Twocents:

Ok, but the question is why. Why can most people handle adversity while a few others freak out and go postal?

Tilar

Quote from: bull on July 28, 2012, 12:19:16 PM
Quote from: Cooter on July 28, 2012, 12:09:13 PM

Ok, but the question is why. Why can most people handle adversity while a few others freak out and go postal?

That one is easy... They've never been taught that they WILL fail sometime. Everybody is so fu#*ing worried about their kid not getting "On the team" for baseball or football or knitting or (insert any other trivial subject here) that they do exactly what they did with minorities, They have "affirmative action" style requirements for everyone, including kids. Drop the intelligence level for tests so everybody and their dumbass brother can get involved. Now, when something happens along the lines where they really do FAIL, they have no idea how to handle it.

Harsh? Maybe... Realistic? Yeah.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Lee

The conspiracy theory will only get legs if the conservatives take the ball and run with it. It rests comfortably on the idea this attack was staged to push the liberals anti-gun campaign.

The armchair commandos crack me up. The guy was armored all over but a small couple inch area of his face. The chances you would hit that area, in a dark room, gas clouds and chaos all around is slim. You would have been more likely to hit a person freaking out trying to run by. You would have just got his attention and he would have focused his automatic fire at you and everyone in the way.

This is real life. Not some video game or leisurely trip to the range. That kind of thinking is why more people should not be armed. They are ill equipped to judge a situation and are likely to create more problems than if they just took cover.

Steve P.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:  But I still say he needed something to take his mind off his frustrations... Screw guns. Make prostitution legal again!!!! 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida