News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie checking in

Started by 69hemibeep, July 25, 2012, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemibeep

My Daughter just picked up a 69 charger a nice piece of steel and that's about it. I'm going to be spearheading the build of the car and picked up a parts car with a ton of what she needed. I restored my roadrunner which is very similar but I'm willing to bet I will have some questions coming up in the future. I hope I posted in the right place  :cheers:

Ghoste

You sure did and a big welcome to both you and her.  I hope she will join us from time to time as well, if not, tell her she did real good in our books. :cheers:

elacruze

No place better. Use the search function to find all the restoration threads, everything you could ask is in here someplace. My own restoration is here;

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66411.0.html
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 03:02:41 PM
You sure did and a big welcome to both you and her.  I hope she will join us from time to time as well, if not, tell her she did real good in our books. :cheers:

:iagree:  :wave:  :2thumbs:

Oh and we are pic junkies... so the more the better!   :popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

Oh, and not for nothing but I noted your choice of a username.  We may be a bunch of self righteous Charger snobs and elitist bastards but one thing we aren't is a bunch of Mopar haters (okay okay we tend to be down a little on SOME things once in a while) so don't be afraid to tell us about any Hemi Road Runners that might be lurking on your property too.

cdr

WELCOME------pics,RR & CHARGERS :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

Guys let me introduce my father Robert  , dont treat him nice he likes to be abused .

He has a very nice 69 hemi Road Runner featured in Hemming Muscle Machine mag this last month .

Love you Dad    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

The one in the Aug 12 issue?

Brightyellow69rtse

looks like its in pretty good shape! i agree keep the pics comming.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 03:34:58 PM
yes sir  ,  it will be mine someday if i can just get him killed off   :yesnod: :yesnod: :nana:  

chargerboy69

The car looks familiar, E-Bay perhaps.

Welcome.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

moparstuart

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 25, 2012, 03:58:56 PM
The car looks familiar, E-Bay perhaps.

Welcome.  :2thumbs:
another member here owned it  Wingcarenvy
 he may have had it advertised here he is out of southern california

chargerboy69

Thats it. . thanks.

Looks like a good project.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69hemibeep

Quote from: moparstuart on July 25, 2012, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 03:34:58 PM
yes sir  ,  it will be mine someday if i can just get him killed off   :yesnod: :yesnod: :nana:  
Stuart adopted me over on the roadrunner site hoping to aquire my runner by death :smilielol: The 68 Valiant is my project I'm working on, the drive train which will be a fun car 440 auto with A/C. The Charger was advertised all over the place by a friend that is on the board. And the Runner is my baby.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

hello & welcome  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wave: :wave:  nice road runner  :drool5:
so whats the plan with the Charger  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69hemibeep

Quote from: tan top on July 25, 2012, 05:29:48 PM
hello & welcome  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wave: :wave:  nice road runner  :drool5:
so whats the plan with the Charger  :popcrn:
Since there is zero documentation it will be kind of a restomod depending on her budget. Shes looking at a triple black with a pretty much stock interior, 4 or 5 speed with a warmed up 440, 4 wheel disc. That's what Ive heard so far

Ghoste

So now that all of that is out of the way, lets get down to the real burning question here.  Just what DID happen to Baby Stuey?  And we are only assuming it happened to him as a baby but surely there was some defining moment that turned him into the Stu we all know and, well the Stu we all know. :nana:

69hemibeep

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 07:49:43 PM
So now that all of that is out of the way, lets get down to the real burning question here.  Just what DID happen to Baby Stuey?  And we are only assuming it happened to him as a baby but surely there was some defining moment that turned him into the Stu we all know and, well the Stu we all know. :nana:
He was dropped on his head at birth so he was taken in for x-rays and the machine jammed in the on position for a very long period of time before the tech got it to shut down. Sorry Stuie but the truth must come out  :yesnod:

moparstuart

Quote from: 69hemibeep on July 25, 2012, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 07:49:43 PM
So now that all of that is out of the way, lets get down to the real burning question here.  Just what DID happen to Baby Stuey?  And we are only assuming it happened to him as a baby but surely there was some defining moment that turned him into the Stu we all know and, well the Stu we all know. :nana:
He was dropped on his head at birth so he was taken in for x-rays and the machine jammed in the on position for a very long period of time before the tech got it to shut down. Sorry Stuie but the truth must come out  :yesnod:
now i know ,  you better get to typing you are a ton of posts behind dad

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

moparstuart

Ghost , bob is you over on the Road Runner  Board , he is the High poster we call him blabber fingers over there .

Ghoste

I believe the term you are looking for is "avid enthusiasts". :lol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on July 26, 2012, 07:27:04 AM
i prefer blabber fingers  :icon_smile_big:  at least Dad is retired and has an excuse  :nana:

He used to be a pole dancer or something like that .

69hemibeep

Quote from: moparstuart on July 26, 2012, 09:44:37 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 26, 2012, 07:27:04 AM
i prefer blabber fingers  :icon_smile_big:  at least Dad is retired and has an excuse  :nana:

He used to be a pole dancer or something like that .
Never heard a phone guy called a pole dancer but it kinda fits  :lol: