News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Airlines, Flights & Pricing Questions (Need Fast Info)

Started by Old Moparz, July 24, 2012, 04:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I haven't flown much over the years & was hoping that maybe someone on here can help with some info. The airlines & websites can be a bit overwhelming & I don't have much time to research & book anything. Would probably need to be able to arrange something to leave by this Thursday, the 26th. (My wife's sister is very sick with thyroid cancer that's not treatable.)

She lives in southern AZ near the Mexican border, about 2 hours south of Tuscon. My daughter is in PA right now staying with a friend, so flying out of Philadelphia is what's planned, & probably going to Phoenix to drive from there since all of what I see has a stopover there before going to Tuscon. Sitting in an airport for the same amount of time it would take to drive wouldn't be fun.

What website should I be looking at, or which airline would anyone recommend?   :shruggy:

The last time I flew & booked on line was almost 10 years ago.

Thanks.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Dino

I use Orbitz.  Any of those sites will work fine as they pretty much have the same information.  I just prefer Orbitz as it is pretty clear all over the board.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68X426

Kayak.com will search most (all?) sites and deliver six to eight sellers (including Orbitz) in seconds.  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Old Moparz

Thanks guys.   :cheers:

They all come in at pretty much the same price like you said. I'll have to confirm a few things & look at car rentals & hotels.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

That's why I like Travelocity, not that other sites don't but you can book your whole trip, flights hotels and cars through them. I found the rental cars to be the biggest savings yet.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Tilar

Cheaptickets does any combination you want. Flight + hotel + rental car and any combination of them. You can also create a layover somewhere. Like if he were to go from say Boston to Pheonix, he can create his payover in Philly and pickup his daughter. But I'm guessing they all do if you know where to look.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemigeno

Do the "usual & customary" travel websites include Southwest Airlines?  I thought at one time SWA didn't allow any other sites to book flights - but it's been a while since I'd heard that.  

If they serve the departure and destination cities, SWA is likely going to be the cheapest option.

Sorry to hear about the reason for the flight too, Bob.

68X426

SWA doesn't participate in any ticket sites. They run their own show.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Old Moparz

Last night I used the sites you guys listed to find tickets & got them as well as a car rental & hotel, so thanks.  :cheers:

I don't recall which ticket service I actually used since I looked at so many, but I at least hope US Air has a low crash rate.  :o

The prices for everything were all over the place & I don't see how anyone would book with one that was 3 times higher than another for no reason. The airline departures, stopovers & arrival times varied, so that was a plus finding a non-stop to the right place. The hotel & car rentals also varied a lot, but a full size car for 4/5 days was decent at $134.

They listed one of the car possibilities as a Charger, I just wonder if it'll be a 1969 R/T?    :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mauve66

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 25, 2012, 04:14:20 PM
Last night I used the sites you guys listed to find tickets & got them as well as a car rental & hotel, so thanks.  :cheers:

I don't recall which ticket service I actually used since I looked at so many, but I at least hope US Air has a low crash rate.  :o

The prices for everything were all over the place & I don't see how anyone would book with one that was 3 times higher than another for no reason. The airline departures, stopovers & arrival times varied, so that was a plus finding a non-stop to the right place. The hotel & car rentals also varied a lot, but a full size car for 4/5 days was decent at $134.

They listed one of the car possibilities as a Charger, I just wonder if it'll be a 1969 R/T?    :D

when you go to the reservation desk and they try to give one to you hold up a pic of yours and say "this is a charger, count the doors", and demand an upgrade since they don't have a real charger.................. :yesnod:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Dino

Quote from: mauve66 on July 25, 2012, 07:21:31 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 25, 2012, 04:14:20 PM

when you go to the reservation desk and they try to give one to you hold up a pic of yours and say "this is a charger, count the doors", and demand an upgrade since they don't have a real charger.................. :yesnod:

:smilielol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.