News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AAR Fiberglass now making Superbird "kits"??

Started by BPTRacing, July 23, 2012, 01:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPTRacing

stumbled on to this on the AAR web site while writing a repair estimate for a prostreet dart. Thought I would share it with all.

Scott

QuoteNow available!!!!!!! We have the complete super bird kit Parts list nose and tail 700.00 each Z brackets (pair) $150.00 rear window plug with transistions $300.00 latch tray $150.00 fender scoops(pair) $150.00 front lower valence $300.00 Head light kit $350.00 hood (bolt on) $550.00 kit cost $3350 Also if need we have the complete stock bolt on fenders to make your build easy$900.00 (pair)

This product was added to our catalog on Friday 20 July, 2012.

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

moparstuart

interesting , isnt that market just about saturated ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 23, 2012, 08:55:58 AM
Stinger Fiberglass makes them as well.
janik, stinger , show car , and now AAR .all make fiber glass kits    Dayclona , erik nelson , all Make kits with some steel some fiber glass .  Gene Gregory has steel noses and latch trays and several other steel parts . Jack M does too . There is the rick guy in southern illinois making most of the stuff in steel to load up a nose .   Then theres all the the people who make this part here and there .  Don C can put a kit together mostly in steel  .  Wow it sure is great to have options for such a limited market   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcar

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 23, 2012, 08:55:58 AM
Stinger Fiberglass makes them as well.

After reading the product Desciption....I would be willing to bet that the AAR kit is the same as the Stinger kit.......seems like one and same.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Indygenerallee

Shit, looks like it to me? I just ordered my stuff from Stinger there a few months back and it was not like that, must have merged as it has both names on the homepage...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hotrod98

If anyone is thinking about building a clone, pm me for my ideas on what my choice would be for parts. I'm not going to post my choices on the forum. I will say that my choice includes more than one supplier.
I've mentioned before that I've bought certain parts and then replaced them after doing so. That was an expensive lesson.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DAY CLONA

Stinger and AAR merged, to become www.americansportscar.com about a year or so ago...

Mike

dreamcatcher

I dont know if the quality is there but it is less than half what my Janak kit cost me.I will say it was an OK kit now after the fact...but wasnt impressed when I started.Too many things had to be modified to fit right...but that being said....everyone I have talked to had the same to say about most other full kits...at least the wing dont sag    :smilielol:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: dreamcatcher on July 23, 2012, 05:50:14 PM
I dont know if the quality is there but it is less than half what my Janak kit cost me.I will say it was an OK kit now after the fact...but wasnt impressed when I started.Too many things had to be modified to fit right...but that being said....everyone I have talked to had the same to say about most other full kits...at least the wing dont sag    :smilielol:

The Stinger Tona and Bird kits are copies of Janaks stuff,.......and not really good copies at that, hopefully with the addition of AAR fiberglass, Stingers quality will improve, however if they're still using the old molds, they have issues, Janaks stuff isn't bad as far as quality goes, just the longevity of some componets in fiberglass are questionable

Mike

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim