News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

airline employees abuse veteran and his service dog

Started by Drache, July 22, 2012, 05:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Paws and Stripes founder and disabled veteran Jim Staneck is seeking support from fellow dog lovers after he and his service dog were insulted and assaulted by United Airline employees.

Staneck and his service dog Sarge spent 48 hours stranded in the Dulles Airport after numerous flight cancellations and delays. Wounded in battle, Staneck suffers from a brain injury that makes it difficult for him to concentrate under stress. When he struggled to understand changes to his itinerary an employee at the ticket counter insulted him.

"He said, 'Just read it' and I said, 'Sir I can't read it,' and he said, 'What are you retarded?'" Staneck recalls. "Prior to this I told him I have a brain injury and PTSD, I'm a disabled vet, this is my second night here; I need help."

To make matters worse, Staneck says Sarge was kicked twice by United employees. He said the second kick was so hard that it sent her flying.

"(He) kicked her so hard on the rib cage, that she flew into my lap... He said he was afraid of dogs," Staneck said. He and Sarge literally hid in a corner until they were able to board a flight home.

Staneck is asking fellow animal lovers to contact United Airlines and let the company know that our veterans and the dogs they rely on deserve better. He describes the incident in the following video.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/07/airlines-employees-abuse-disabled-veteran-and-his-service-dog/

Vet says airline kicked his service dog, insulted him

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -

One New Mexico disabled veteran said his service dog was kicked twice by airline employees this week and he was called a slur.

Jim Staneck said he reached his breaking point earlier this week. He's the founder of Paws and Stripes, which pairs disabled vets with service dogs.

In the course of 48 hours at Dulles Airport, he said his service dog, Sarge, was kicked twice by United Airlines works -- once at the ticket counter and then on a shuttle.

"(He) kicked her so hard on the rib cage, that she flew into my lap... He said he was afraid of dogs," Staneck said.

Staneck was dealing with a canceled flight and delays. He served three combat tours in Iraq and has PTSD and a brain injury. He said the stress was overwhelming, and asked a customer service representative for help because he had trouble reading a reservation email.

"He said, 'Just read it' and I said, 'Sir I can't read it,' and he said, 'What are you retarded?'" Staneck recalls. "Prior to this I told him I have a brain injury and PTSD, I'm a disabled vet, this is my second night here; I need help."

Staneck and Sarge eventually sought refuge in a corner.

"Honestly I thought I was done. I thought I would have to get another training dog," Staneck said.

Staneck said he has a challenge for the CEO of United Airlines.

"Call me. I'd be glad to talk to you. This is all about education," Staneck said.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Vet-says-airline-kicked-his-service-dog-insulted-him/-/9153728/15620570/-/tht257z/-/index.html#ixzz21QD1aKmr
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

People at Dulles are going down. Well within his right to litigate until they freakin' bleed money to provide for him the rest of his life. If this is true....... :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

I'd want to hear the other sides story and see surveillance vids.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteI'd want to hear the other sides story and see surveillance vids.

This.

hatersaurusrex

Yeah, It sounds a bit over the top to me.   I could see a single person having a bad day and calling someone retarded, but usually it's one person, not a bunch.  I find it really hard to believe other emplyees then kicked his dog so hard she went flying.  I call BS.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

bordin34

I don't believe it. Dulles airport is just outside DC and sort of part of the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum. I assume they deal with veterans and servicemen all the time and that something like this would have made actual news.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Drache

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on July 22, 2012, 08:51:07 PM
I find it really hard to believe other emplyees then kicked his dog so hard she went flying.  I call BS.

She didn't go "flying" the dog jumped back from the force of the kick.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!