News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A few Aero Cars Came to the House Today...

Started by Aero426, July 22, 2012, 10:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Had a few friends over for the DSAC club picnic today.

Aero426

We filled up the front yard.   Not bad.

DPL

1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

A383Wing

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Very nice Doug.  Whats the story on the CanAm car?

FJ5WING

That looks so cool!!!!!

I love the race cars in front but the three mercs out at the street are really looking good to me. :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

WINGIN IT

Great pic  :2thumbs:
What's that hiding behind the tree?
It looks pink and wing-like...lol

Indygenerallee

Yeah, all those birds and not one Daytona!!  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 23, 2012, 08:55:09 AM
Yeah, all those birds and not one Daytona!!  :lol: :smilielol:

Most of our Daytonas have left town.  JoAnne would have brought hers up from Chicago had it not been stored in Indy.   There are still two that I know of in the Milwaukee area, but neither is in running condition. 

Aero426

The Can-Am car is a McKee chassis with a McLaren body mounted.  Mike, the owner,  lives about 15 minutes away and drove the car over on the road.   It is sort of street legal.   You can see the front turn signals and side markers if you look at the front of the nose.    It has a small block Chevy, but many McKees were Olds powered.

The back shot of the car leaving shows the brake and turn signals and back up lights.

Aero426

The pink Bird belongs to Serene.   Her husband Chris has a B5 Superbird.   Hers is the pink one.   There were bringing both cars but the B5 had a bad tie rod and they took it back home.   They came from about 90 miles away.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on July 23, 2012, 10:09:33 AM
The pink Bird belongs to Serene.   Her husband Chris has a B5 Superbird.   Hers is the pink one.   There were bringing both cars but the B5 had a bad tie rod and they took it back home.   They came from about 90 miles away.   

cool  do you know what color it was originally  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RECHRGD

Cool!!  Looks like the hotel parking lot at Indy last year.... :icon_smile_big:
13.53 @ 105.32

Aero426

The three Cyclones on the road are owned by the same family.    Rudy Powers passed away last year and his boys brought the cars, again from about 90 miles out.

The Cale and Dan cars have custom stripes made extending all the way to the edges of the fenders like the race cars had.   

The green 1971 Cyclone Spoiler is a low miles car, 429 CJ, all original everything.   They only made 353 of them. 

Aero426

Aero426

Dave Kanofsky

Looks like a blast Doug, sorry I couldn't make it this year...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on July 23, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
Looks like a blast Doug, sorry I couldn't make it this year...

Thanks Dave. hope to see you down the trail.

Aero426

This car has an identity crisis...

Also, it was "finished" 30 minutes before arrival at the picnic.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on July 23, 2012, 10:09:33 AM

Ah man, there's my brother from another mother, but apparently sharing chromosomes.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Wow, even Croxford doesn't go THAT pink!

WINGIN IT

Dang that Tona is PINK ! :o :o
Personally, a little overboard on the outfit... but hey that's me... :icon_smile_big: