News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 numbers matching on eBay

Started by DadsCharger00, July 22, 2012, 11:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

charger01

Ghoste

No photos of the other side though.  It does seem like deal so far doesn't it?

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Ghoste on July 22, 2012, 01:04:53 PM
Pics of both sides on eBay. Looks like a deal. Thinking of bidding but wish I could set some eyes on it first.

Ghoste

Just missed them then I guess, too lazy to go back though so I'll take your word. :lol:

chargerboy69

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 22, 2012, 01:06:34 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 22, 2012, 01:04:53 PM
Pics of both sides on eBay. Looks like a deal. Thinking of bidding but wish I could set some eyes on it first.

Does not look too bad at all.  If the body is solid, the current price would be a deal.  The seller has been on E-Bay for 11 years with 100 percent feedback.

You could ask E-Bay for his contact information and call him.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

billschroeder5842

Love the '68s...I whish they kept the '68 tails wiht the '69 fronts......
Looks fair to me but I'm a sucker for a red charger. My first charger was a red one
You never forget your first
Texas Proud!

surmanajaja

it looks good. I would buy it if I had the cash and the price stayed under 16k.

DodgeChargerNeeded

I wouldn't pay the top bid right now but if it only needs a paint job it would be a decent deal
Jeff

DadsCharger00

Meaning you don't think its worth it or you just wouldn't pay now? But wait and bid at the end?

Budnicks

I've seen much worse sell for more money than $13k, it could be a nice Car, but no photos of the underside, suspension or other typical rust areas, under rear/front windshields, cowl area or wheelwell edges, in the advert., to critiche'.... The fact it has a bunch of primer, down both sides makes you wonder if it has had some rust repairs & how well they were done, maybe...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Budnicks on July 22, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
I've seen much worse sell for more money than $13k, it could be a nice Car, but no photos of the underside, suspension or other typical rust areas, under rear/front windshields, cowl area or wheelwell edges, in the advert., to critiche'.... The fact it has a bunch of primer, down both sides makes you wonder if it has had some rust repairs & how well they were done, maybe...
Thinking about bidding....what ya think? Just don't wanna get hosed! lol

Tilar

Too bad it's so close to bid ending or you could maybe get it checked out, but I'd hate to let mine go for that and it hasn't moved under its own power since I've owned it, which is just over 27 years.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Budnicks

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 22, 2012, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on July 22, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
Thinking about bidding....what ya think? Just don't wanna get hosed! lol
See if you can get some more, under the rear windshield in the trunk, trans cross-member torsion bar mounting areas, then front & rear frame rails, underside of the whole car & suspension photos & then maybe ask if any rust repairs have been done & were, plus any photos of the work in progress... I think it could be a decent deal, but I would need to know more before I would say it's a great deal or not... I'm not bidding, I'm way to far away from where I live in Calif., I don't buy anything site unsean...

DadsCharger00

Yeah and times running out. I guess one could always buy it and I felt is was misrepresented then I could not purchase it i guess. Just not to keen on that.

Budnicks

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 22, 2012, 04:53:53 PM
Yeah and times running out. I guess one could always buy it and I felt is was misrepresented then I could not purchase it i guess. Just not to keen on that.
:2thumbs:

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Budnicks on July 22, 2012, 04:56:33 PM
Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 22, 2012, 04:53:53 PM
:2thumbs:
He does say that it has some patches...just hard to tell if they were done right or not. I just can't help but think that for the cost a FEW issues...would be ok....

DadsCharger00

would that one have the blinkers in the hood?

DadsCharger00

and one quick thing....does it look like rust in the primer on the rear quarter above the chrome wheel trim? or is it just a blur in the image...hard to tell   :shruggy:

Oh well. Didn't pull the trigger.

Tilar

Unless you can find a car that has been completely and correctly restored, there WILL be rust somewhere on the car. After all, they are 44 years old now, almost 45.

You should check out that one that I sent you the link on from Moparts. It's a bit more money than this one was but its a good looking automobile from the pics, and it's close enough that someone here could go check it out if needed and you might be able to talk them down.
Dave  

DadsCharger00

Yeah. Should've pulled the trigger on it. Don't have to explain I'm sure but the lady stopped me. The link you send didn't take me to anything....what was the car? I'll look it up.

Tilar

Looks like the ad was deleted. It was a pretty nice looking 68. GRJ was the poster over there.
Dave  

chargerboy69

Not sure what you are looking to spend.  This one looks like a nice one at a good price.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=38014
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford