News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worst car you have driven ?

Started by 440, July 22, 2012, 12:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the worst car you have driven being a rental, loan car, friends car etc...

I had a 2011 Ford Fusion as a rental and it was the worst car I have driven. Granted it got good mileage but had no power, terrible brake pedal feel, didn't shift smoothly, and had a huge delay in the throttle if you for example coasted up to a light and as you almost stop it turns green.

I must say the radio was impressive though  :lol:  

68X426

Once drove an insurance loaner car that we immediately returned to the insurer. It was a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero. It was dangerously unstable, a soft breeze could tip it over. A death trap.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Austin/Morris minor 1100 land crab,p.o.s. those Poms sure couldnt build anything decent when you look at what Detroit was pumping out at a similar time
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

twodko

Ford courier pickup.......devils spawn.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TK73

Besides 30 year old beaters...  2008 Dodge Coronet rental.  F-in uncomfortable and unwieldy
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Quote from: TK73 on July 22, 2012, 01:57:06 AM
Besides 30 year old beaters...  2008 Dodge Coronet rental.  F-in uncomfortable and unwieldy

It amazes me that with today's technology and standards some new cars feel like a step backwards and just feel plain terrible. Although undoubtedly safer it's pretty bad when a standard 30 YO beater is more comfortable to drive than a new car.

surmanajaja

early 80´s Fiat Ritmo. rusted floor so the front wheels tracked different from back wheels, it was moving around a lot.. had to drive it once in winter for a friend, scary.

bill440rt

1995(?) Ford Tempo. Had it for about a month maybe. Luckily it wasn't mine, I just had it use it. Horrific.  :eek2:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

XH29N0G

Once rented an aspire.  At the time, I felt like I was driving down the freeway with my does tucked into the front bumper.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

elacruze

1975 Ford LTD with 80k miles on it.

Made worse at the time because I was 21 and had the Charger in the garage, pre-rebuild.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

41husk

Quote from: elacruze on July 22, 2012, 08:42:31 AM
1975 Ford LTD with 80k miles on it.

Made worse at the time because I was 21 and had the Charger in the garage, pre-rebuild.

I agree! My first car was my wifes four door 73 LTD.  It was a boat, I hated it. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Indygenerallee

85 GMC S-15, 4 "knocker", Pile from the word GO!!!  :eek2:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

sixpack70

1984 Pontiac 6000 station wagon. Unreliable as hell. If you drove it outside of the city limits it would break down. It constantly broke the top motor mount in the car. Not sure how because it was a gutless vehicle.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Kern Dog

A friend of mine borrowed my truck to tow a parts car. During the tow, he jacknifed and wrcked my truck. The damage was limited to sheetmetal and paintwork, so He kept the truck to do the work. I got HIS 93 Ford Ranger to drive. What a steamy pile of crap! Slow, uncomfortable, shifter knob always came off when shifting to 2nd or 4th. It handled poorly. not fun.

71charger_fan

Probably a toss up between a Ford Contour, Subaru Forester, or my '82 Camaro.

mauve66

late model-chrysler 300, bottom of window frame too high, felt like i was sitting on the floor
late model-dodge magnum, new ones, horrendous blind spot on the pass rear side, felt like i was sitting on the floor again
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bobs66440

Geo Metro or my '68 Jeep plow truck.

HANDM

My wifes 08 focus, brake pedal feels like it's going to break off, way too squirrely on the freeway, ass end too high to see anything behind you, seats feel like plastic go cart seats, manual window cranks crank backward while being too close to the door grab handle resulting in smacking your hand every time to roll up or down..........

Should I keep going??

67_Dodge_Charger

My wife's Toyota Corolla, what a piece of &@$%.  The car rolls through the corners and you feel every bump in the road.  I prefer my truck to that car.

Budnicks

1st Datsun B-210, I think it was a 73, if I remember correctly, what a POS, a close 2nd was a Fiat X-19 early 80's vintage POS, a close 3rd Honda 600 mid 70's POS, all former girlfriends cars too, 4th my older sisters old 77 Ford Granada or 78 Ford Fairmont both were real pieces of crap...  :Twocents: added Pontiac Fiero of any year
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Bob

87 ford tempo all wheel drive.   :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

Paul G

Last year we rented a Camry for a week. A very bland car. I dont get all the hype about how superior Asian brands are. I didnt see it!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

PA Dodger

I once got a loaner car while mine was in the shop for a while. It was a mid 80s Chevy Citation. It tried to kill me twice in a week. Trying to merge onto the freeway it would go from 15MPH to "OH MY GOD I'M GONNA DIE " MPH in about 1 1/2 minutes. I couldn't get to 55 MPH. Then when I tried to stop the brakes locked up instantly and I slid into an intersection and watched as people just about T-boned me. I took it back to the shop and the guy says "Oh yeah, they're known to do that." He gave me a Plymouth Horizon. Oh joy.     
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Chryco Psycho

Ford trucks with twin I beam front ends come to mind , steering was always a guess while it was wandring all over the road skinning the inside of the tires off , put a load in the back & it gets a whole more scary !!
Also an Isuzu Rodeo , could not do the speed limit on the highway floored into a headwind

Vainglory, Esq.

I've driven a lot of shitty cars in my day (mostly rentals), and I don't remember all of them. A few stick out in my mind.

1. 2006 Chevy Impala SS. This is my wife's car. It's an utter piece of shit, but don't tell her I said so. Sure, it gets going pretty quick for a boat, but its suspension is ridiculous. Any tiny little input into the steering wheel makes this couch on wheels sway roughly 8-10 feet sideways. I may have driven worse handling cars, but I've never driven a car that FELT like it handled worse than this one.

2. 2012 Lincoln MKZ. Anemic all around. The leather inside was lovely, and the rest of the car was crapped out by the devil himself.

3. 2011 Chevy Malibu. My dick has more horsepower than this piece of shit. It came with paddle shifters on the steering wheel, which just made it worse. Every time you used them, it took roughly 8 seconds to actually shift the gear. Outside of the complete lack of performance, the car was utterly unremarkable. I've had more fun with an Oreck vacuum.

4. 2009? Nissan Versa. The rental company should have paid me to take this car off their lot for a couple days. Everything about it was cheap. Cheap plastic, cheap engine, cheap transmission, cheap noise-deadening material, cheap steering wheel, cheap speakers. Just a cheap-ass piece of shit. Everything about this car screamed "false economy!"