News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any "LURKERS" out there? (only posted a few times)? Sign-up post some pix!

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 03, 2006, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

myrtle....there's a 69 Hemi Road Runner 4 speed in my town that's still owned by the original owner....I'd love to be able to pay a couple hundred dollars and do a weekend's worth of yard work for it.....I'm nott seeing that happening though

ChargerRT440

I'm not a charger owner yet. I've got my eye on a couple chargers yet but first I'm gonna restore my 1968 Dart GT. Lol sorry it's not as impressive as these chargers but I figured since I'm a lucker to I could post some pics. it's just a plain jane slant6 auto GT with buckets and console.

It's gonna get a 318 auto initailly but that'll be replaced by a 383 5 speed with an RMS front alterkation kit and a 8 3/4" rear end

myrtle

Quote from: chargerrt on September 22, 2006, 12:00:34 AM
myrtle....there's a 69 Hemi Road Runner 4 speed in my town that's still owned by the original owner....I'd love to be able to pay a couple hundred dollars and do a weekend's worth of yard work for it.....I'm nott seeing that happening though

Idunno man,.. the yard work was hell. I had to move some sprinklers, and ride a new john deer lawn mower for 45 mins ;D
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

chargerrt

69DodgeCharger

Here's one of my never ending project....Will it ever get done I often wonder?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

69DodgeCharger

Here's another,  I saw a one line ad in Hemmings in January of 98 after many phone calls, some pics and more phone calls a deal was struck $2200 total shipped to me from Mesa, AZ to Mid Michigan. I was a little dissapointed when I first got it but then after digging into it realized it had many of the very hard to find chrome and interior parts that cost a fortune and no rust! but a few dents in the quarter panels.. I also had a pretty good collection of stuff I had been gathering up since 88 when I bought my first 69 Charger R/T. I sold it because it had a rusty back half and I wasn't up for body work at that time, and no bodyman would touch it for anything less than 5-7K. So after losing my job in March of 2001 and struggling to survive for the next 3-4 years I am now finally able to afford to get back to work on it. No big plans. Just looking to have a nice highway driver! If I had a dollar for every person that tried to buy it........well, I would have a pretty good stack of dollars! Hope to have it on the road next summer sometime.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Black and Blown

I'm kind of a lurker.  The latest news is that I got my guages done by Auto Instruments.  And this summer my car will finally go on the dyno and to the track.   :icon_smile_cool:

Charger_Fan

Black and Blown, let's see those gauges! ;D

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on September 24, 2006, 10:20:13 PM
Here's another,  I saw a one line ad in Hemmings in January of 98 after many phone calls, some pics and more phone calls a deal was struck $2200 total shipped to me from Mesa, AZ to Mid Michigan. I was a little dissapointed when I first got it but then after digging into it realized it had many of the very hard to find chrome and interior parts that cost a fortune and no rust! but a few dents in the quarter panels.. I also had a pretty good collection of stuff I had been gathering up since 88 when I bought my first 69 Charger R/T. I sold it because it had a rusty back half and I wasn't up for body work at that time, and no bodyman would touch it for anything less than 5-7K. So after losing my job in March of 2001 and struggling to survive for the next 3-4 years I am now finally able to afford to get back to work on it. No big plans. Just looking to have a nice highway driver! If I had a dollar for every person that tried to buy it........well, I would have a pretty good stack of dollars! Hope to have it on the road next summer sometime.
I  missed this post last year. I bet you're glad you've hung onto it all these years & that it's getting closer! :icon_smile_big:
Got any more progress pics?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lurker

not really a lurker, i had posted some on old forums and never re registered on this one yet so well.. ya i guess i am a lurker <insert evil laugh here>

my 68 xp29 car that i have since started stripping and some of my other toys, if i can figure out how to post pics  :rofl:
and my 80 se ramcharger that has consumed to much of my time while the charger sits  :icon_smile_sad:

not the best pic but the only one i have since i killed my digicam

1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

Bandit4142

Ironically I was just looking at this thread from a year ago, and noticed I posted a pic of my Charger the night before I brought her home!    Here we are a year later and well..  this pic was taken last month!   

1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

paironines

I bought this car out of the local paper back in December `94. I drove it home and have had years of fun with it. It's been sitting for the last several years and has given up it's rims for another project. I won "best beater" at the local car show many years ago and I thought it was cool, but I now wait for the day I can tear it's rusty self apart and make it something nice.

71gtx

Doright

WOW! A lot of nice cars and a bunch of cool projects!
Thanks for posting!
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

ChargerRT440

EDIT:lol how did I not notice the last post I made.
I guess I qualify as a lurker. I believe I've posted something like this before but why not again. lol my cars are nothing pretty but heres the cars(truck and car lol)
1998 Dodge Ram SST with 99-01 sport front clip installed. 5.9L 3.55's and stock 17"x9's it's completely stock except for my grille, bumper and subwoofer added onto the stock 6 speaker stereo.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: quapman on February 04, 2006, 09:59:32 PM
Yes, I lurk a lot and post once in a while. I never thought my car was "nice enough" to post pics, but now that I missed out on the poster, here goes..........

Steve
quapman@aol.com
Redneck in training

Man,
  THat Charger looks sweet! I like the AMC center caps on the wheels! My friend did that back in the day. I am going to do the same. Do you have the hub cap cop car wheels? The AMC caps do look nice. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Doc MoPar

True I Lurk more than I post..... but I Work more than I Lurk  >:(.  Any way here is another pic I found of the Charger.

Charger_Fan

I'm trolling for more lurkers who may want to share some pics & stories... :bump:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Anders

Here's another lurker. I read way more than I post. There's just so much experience and info on this site. Awesome site BTW :2thumbs:
The first pic is from last summer, that's me checking out readings from the voltmeter. The second pic is taken inside my "bomb shelter".
68 Charger

2harleyriders

OK, I am a lurker :popcrn: But I learn a lot from you guys :2thumbs:  Here a some picks of the charger in its current state.  I have the under side completely done.  It was stuck in the mud in a barn.  I bought it from the original owner.  It was his wife's car.  When she passed away he parked it for a while and then his daughter drove it for a while.  She put some dents in it and he fixed them him self and painted it with the wrong color paint. Barn paint job.  When the brakes failed he parked it in the barn and there it sat for 20 years.  When we picked it up we broke 2 come alongs trying to get it out of the mud.  So I had to start on the underside.  All the wheels were locked up and couldn't move it.  It has all new suspension from just suspension, disc brake kit, Mopar sure grip and 3:91 gears and Mopar SS springs.  All the body sheet metal has been repaired and the engine is out and at the machine shop.  It is getting a 512 stroker.   Firefighter (Ron) has helped me with the engine combo.  I have buffed all the stainless to new condition, rebuilt the steering column, dash gauges, re dyed all the interior panels, had the wheels blasted and painted, and have a few boxes full of new parts.  I see a lot of people ask about cost on these restorations.  I ask too.  I have about $17,000 easy into this so far and is looking like another $20 to finish :icon_smile_blackeye:.  Hoping to have her done summer of 09.
Thats how I roll.

Cooperman

I have been a member for a while, posted a few times and enjoyed every minute of it!
DC.com is my home page and I've learnt so much just from reading everything... Thanks guys!   :2thumbs:

It's real difficult being across the pond, but I've finally managed to get my own '68 with a 440/727 combo.
It has now reached the UK, it has passed through customs and is being stored prior to collection in two days time.

This is the last photo I have, taken in September. It was on it's way to North Carolina for exhaust work and storage prior to shipping.
The last few months have been the worst ever for personal reasons, but the arrival of my Charger will hopefully make all the difference...
It goes without saying, you guys will be the first to see the photos in two days time!

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

dragonw

Yes im a lurker ...Like to read alot but not much for posting..heres my 73 almost ready..
1973 charger 440 727

dragonw

1973 charger 440 727

Charger_Fan

Glad to hear from you guys! Thanks for sharing your pics & stories. :cheers:

Cooperman, we'll all love seeing pics & sharing your glee! :icon_smile_cool: