News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any "LURKERS" out there? (only posted a few times)? Sign-up post some pix!

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 03, 2006, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 07, 2006, 12:19:48 AM
  I think Street Machine's paint job is very Retro-looking...  I dig retro.

No doubt, that is a cool paint job Street Machine.    :yesnod:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on February 07, 2006, 12:32:25 AM
I am new to this so I hope these come through ok. It only took 5 tries to get the little pic on my personal info profile.
That pic of Ben kicks @rse man.  Saved that one! 

How did you do that stripe?  Did you purchase it like that?

Oh and before 6T9 strikes, please register:  http://www.1969chargerregistry.com

plum500

Some nice rides showing up here, and definitely a :2thumbs: from me for Street Machine's '74.

rich4406bbl

I bought my 71RT from a Dodge dealer in upstate NY in 2003. Even have paperwork from the dealer selling it to me as a "used car" since he had taken it in as trade-in on a new Durango that year.

Charger_Fan

Somebody traded that for a Durrango? What an idiot! :crazy:

Lucky for you, though. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger Aficionado

I bet he didn't even get the Durango free and clear, I bet he paid an additional 20k...  lol  That is a A STUNNING vehicle! :)  wow 

Blue Pentastar

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 07, 2006, 01:08:22 AM
Quote from: Blue Pentastar on February 07, 2006, 12:32:25 AM
I am new to this so I hope these come through ok. It only took 5 tries to get the little pic on my personal info profile.
  That pic of Ben kicks @rse man.  Saved that one! 

It is a 70 R/T stripe with a decal on it to match the paint just looks cut out even up close.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on February 07, 2006, 02:06:31 PM
It is a 70 R/T stripe with a decal on it to match the paint just looks cut out even up close.

Interesting...  Looks very different...  How was it meeting Ben "Cooter" Jones?  What is he like?

Blue Pentastar

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 07, 2006, 02:08:36 PM
Quote from: Blue Pentastar on February 07, 2006, 02:06:31 PM

Interesting...  Looks very different...  How was it meeting Ben "Cooter" Jones?  What is he like?

He was very nice His wife and he were at the St Louis World of wheels and there both was close by my car. So I spent quite a bit of time talking to His friend pearl and Miss Alma his wife.

He is the genuine thing trust me.
04 Chrysler 300M Special

tomdroptop

Bought this 69 a few years back. yea itsa 69 LOL. It's got a 70 front clip on it. I had it stored in moms back yard all that time and decided it had been back there long enough and it arrived last Saturday at my place. I had planned to to a daytona project but new son came along & that was put once again on the back burner LOL.
I have decided that I needed to at least get it back on the road & what better way than to do a Dukes replica. I'd like to get a 69 clip so this 70 clip is up for grabs BUT if I can't make that happen then It'll be a  70 front clipped 01 for now & that'll work to I guess...
Here is a picture of it last Saturday leaving moms 

Brock Samson

traded it for a Durango huh?..  ???
The Nutbars' regretting it now I bet..  :sick:
yeah cool stripe!
Great Thread!

W E L C O M E   L u R k E R s!  :wave:

Mopar2Ya

'70 R/T
engine: 440 w/eddie heads, .30 over, roller rock, h-beams
tranny: Cope Racing 727
front: reinforced lca's, polly through most, tubular upper arms, 1 1/8" sway, improov torsion bars .96 i think, FF greasable lca pins w/nylon bush & stage 2 power gearbox, billet steel strut rods & tierod sleeve...
rear: DTS Dana 60 new end-to-end, mopar XHD leafs, polly & aluminum bush, 1" sway bar going on, cal-tracs going on...
brakes: willwoods on all 4's, light mastercyl, inlinetubes...
body: completey stipped & new metal in the reg places, floor pans are orig except one 2" patch...frame seems mint, was a cali car... paint not pefect yet more work when I'm done...
boxes of new parts waiting for me to get moving...

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rt green

heres mine. orignal 440 car. bought it off a local guy for a couple grand about 4 years ago. just got the engine pieces back from the machine shop, and started putting it together.  it'll be a 440 sixpack with a 4 speed when i'm done.
third string oil changer

68ChargerJMP

Johnny SixPack

Great rides! :2thumbs:

Blue, did you make the TDC cruise from Madison to Boerne last year?

I remember seeing you there, and also when I rode with MoparJohn out to Luckenbach.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Blue Pentastar

Absolutely the TDC cruise was great Moparjohn is a good friend to tag along with. We had more fun than expected but fewer people than Wayne hoped for. I would do it again in a second. No I guess it took more than a second but it seemed like it was over that quickliy.

Ok now I'm starting to faces to some of the people this is great.
04 Chrysler 300M Special

mally69

hello i was 18 when i bought this car its a 1969 Charger R/T i kinda was forced to get a good paying job so i could resrtore this car the right way, this car was a project that my grandad and i did for the past 2 1/2 years i dumped about 16,000 in it so far has a pretty stiff 440 we just started it a few weeks agosounds great this is a late 69' car and was factory optiond as EV2 hemi orange that was kinda a lucky find there isnt to many that i know of that had that color grandpa and i totally guted this car to a bare shell absolutlety nuthing was inthe car at on point needed both rear quarters all trunk pans rear inner fenders rear valance and corner peices floor pans were ok  BUT we replaced them with new pans we also installed sub-frame connectors i am now 20 and the only thing i have left to buy are wheels and tires it will be on the road this spring

sorry about this pic i just took it with my cell phone this morning but they dont come out very well

rome440

Hello to all. I confess, I am a lurker. The post are excellent and informative.
Purchased the car in Herndon Virginia about 7 years ago for about 4 grand. The car shared a house with a winged warrior.
The car is pretty much stock except for the suspension, wheels and exhaust.

-rome440

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: rome440 on February 20, 2006, 09:55:51 PM
Hello to all. I confess, I am a lurker. The post are excellent and informative.
Purchased the car in Herndon Virginia about 7 years ago for about 4 grand. The car shared a house with a winged warrior.
The car is pretty much stock except for the suspension, wheels and exhaust.

-rome440

Nice '68, nice stance and wheels and paint, black is my favorite color paint..    :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

roadrunner618

'69 Charger SE 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 '07 Charger Daytona Sublime #361 '72 Charger Topper X

charger_lady

Ok...so I read more than I post...lol...I'll try to post more often but its gonna get harder with the warm weather upon us. :yesnod:
Hmmmmmm...to post or to cruise...dang thats a tough one guys :icon_smile_wink:...hahaha
Seriously though,I promise to post more...maybe even add a few pics of me washing our 69 Charger...MAYBE ;D

My husband bought his very first car (69 Charger) back in the summer of 85...unfortunately it was stolen. He used the insurance $ to buy this one in Sept.85 and picked me up hitch hiking in May 86.
She is an original numbers matching 383 2brl.

These are a couple of pics from the summer of 95...look a 69 Charger on Hwy. 69 :o

Pst...rare69,check out the cheesey antenna in the next pic...lol...thanks again for an original antenna...you rock :icon_smile_wink:

We had to park her in the fall of 96,she needed some work done to her but...4 kids,house and dog(no not my husband,the four legged one...lol)=no $
She sat in the barn for 4 yrs.,and outside for the following 5 yrs. So, after sitting for 9 yrs and having everybody come to the house to ask if it was for sale,we sent her out to be restored last year (April 30-05).

Some pics from the shop:

Almost went with the Plum Crazy Purple again but decided that we wanted a change...

Original interior...except for the carpet and the flag...lol
Thought about doing the General but the Hemi Orange is sooooooooooooo hot :icon_smile_wink:

Well, we couldn't wait for the warm weather here in Canada,so the first nice day (March 29th) this year she was out for a cruise...and to date we have put on about 500km so far this year...with many,many more to come :yesnod:
(click on the following pics to enlarge)

You can see more of the resto pics on my cardomain site:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2217234

Keep up the great work here...this forum is the awesome...really wish I had a computer when we did the restoration...oh well,better late than never...lol