News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any "LURKERS" out there? (only posted a few times)? Sign-up post some pix!

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 03, 2006, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I was hoping to catch your guy's attention if you just READ what is said here, and didn't post...  If you have photos of your Charger, Please do post them!  Believe it or not, it's important for the "community" to check out your car (weather it be color, or engine compartment pix, it's all IMPORTANT)...  Got a story about your Charger?  I'd personally LOVE to hear it. 

Do we have any takers?  :) 

EDIT:  Don't be shy on posting Primered, dinged cars either.  Just to see a fender tag is a treat for some of us here :)

metallicareload99

It was the best birfday present ever.  Thanks goes to me for that.  I saw the add and called about it on October 8th, 2003.  Looked at it and took it around the block the 9th, and gave him the money and drove it away on the 10th.  I thought I knew what I was doing when I bought it, but looking back I knew nothing at all.  Though the first thing I bought off ebag was a Service Manual.  I'm lucky I got such a great car, complete driver with decent body (Though the last few months have been hard on it).

Ok, this is my boat, more or less in it's winter storage facility:

Back in better times, beyond civilization

Nothing special, Just a 318 car, but it still looks fast:

I got it on October 10th, 2003 from a man in Albany, Oregon.  The add was on the original Dodge-Charger.com board, so I think I owe Jesse thanks for creating the forum.  The 1968 Dodge Charger is perfection, and the only car I want or ever wanted.  Anything else is Just a way to get from point A to B.  Unfortunately right now it sits while I go to college.  The last year has not been too kind to it, but hopefully in the next few months it will be back as my daily driver.  Can't wait

Nicholai
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Charger Aficionado

NICE '68 man!  DIG those police wheels, they look tough.  When you get it reliable you should hit some of those shows in Wa. They have good gatherings from what I hear! 

BTW:  How far are you from Coos Bay?  I have a bud there that has TONS of parts, IM me if you'd like his #...

Is your car an original Black car?  Man That'd be a NICE Bullitt clone!  Underneath those dealer-added side bumpers, you have a CRISP body line :)  It'd definetley look good black again! 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 03, 2006, 02:43:30 AM
  I was hoping to catch your guy's attention if you just READ what is said here, and didn't post... 
Personally, I don't see how anyone can just lurk & read without posting. ;D
That's mostly what sucked me in here in the first place. I started reading some of these cool discussions & just had to pop in with my :Twocents: ... :icon_smile_big:

Good lookin' Charger, Metallicareload! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rustyst

I've been lurking for a while with an occassional post.  I recently bought a '73 Charger for 3k, spent its whole life in Arizona, no rust anywhere.  It was all original with a 400- 4 barrell, I have since had the engine rebuilt to a 451 stroker with the info I've gotten from this forum(thanks).

Here are a few photos of the car and the new engine which is going in today.

Let me know what you think.

rustyst

More photos

Charger_Fan

Sweet! Betcha can't wait to hear that stroker engine fire up! :boogie:

By the way, it's sorta-almost-kinda general knowledge that Fram filters are CRAP! If it were me with that nice new engine, I'd never trust a Fram filter on there.
Use Wix, Hastings, Purolator...something along those lines. :icon_smile_approve:
Frams are saved to use on beaters with 300,000 miles, who leak more oil than the gas they burn. :icon_smile_tongue:

Oh & nice looking project! :thumbs: ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rustyst

Yeah, the Fram is coming off, I'm leaving in a little while to see it dropped in and take a couple more pics, I'll try to post later tonite.

I'm really not sure what to expect from the engine, all I know is when it was stock it was a dog, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

metallicareload99

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 03, 2006, 12:26:45 PM
NICE '68 man!  DIG those police wheels, they look tough.  When you get it reliable you should hit some of those shows in Wa. They have good gatherings from what I hear! 

BTW:  How far are you from Coos Bay?  I have a bud there that has TONS of parts, IM me if you'd like his #...

Is your car an original Black car?  Man That'd be a NICE Bullitt clone!  Underneath those dealer-added side bumpers, you have a CRISP body line :)  It'd definetley look good black again! 

Thanks for the compliments, Charger Aficionado, Charger Fan.  The car and I have moved back to my home in Alaska now.  Would have loved to hit the West coast shows while I was down there but really didn't know about em.  Probably could have made use of your contact in Coos Bay too as I knew people that lived there during that time.  Then again the only thing I need is a 440 short block.

The tag says 661, which is a dark green I understand.  The car seems to have been repainted with a single stage paint, the tail light panel is green matching the body colour.  The side bumpers are pop riveted on and seem to exaggerate the body lines, an effect I like.  First thing I wanted to do was to take em off, but now they have grown on me so much they will remain permanently.   My original plan was to make a triple black Bullitt clone.  Now I want to restore it to look exactly how it looks now, but with major upgrades to the chassis, suspension, and drive train.  It'll get there eventually

Nice 73 rustyst, and an awesome engine too!
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

adauto

I've lurked here for awhile..unfortunately I'm MOPAR challenged at the moment. So I have no pic to post (Pontiacs won't look good here). I ve been lookin' for the right project for over a year and have traveled many miles lookin at rough/rusty cars. Do enjoy the site! :yesnod:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

69fuchs

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 03, 2006, 02:43:30 AM
  I was hoping to catch your guy's attention if you just READ what is said here, and didn't post...  If you have photos of your Charger, Please do post them!  Believe it or not, it's important for the "community" to check out your car (weather it be color, or engine compartment pix, it's all IMPORTANT)...  Got a story about your Charger?  I'd personally LOVE to hear it. 

Do we have any takers?  :) 

have you seen my post?              some pics of my cars updated 1/22/06    (page 7 or 8 )  I don't know how to link-computer illiterate!!!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8096.0.html

Charger Aficionado

69fuchs

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 04, 2006, 12:05:47 PM
Copy & Paste the web address in the address bar on that page..

Thanks for the info!  I will forget how to do it by tomorrow. ??? :image_294343:

quapman

Yes, I lurk a lot and post once in a while. I never thought my car was "nice enough" to post pics, but now that I missed out on the poster, here goes..........

Steve
quapman@aol.com
Redneck in training

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: quapman on February 04, 2006, 09:59:32 PM
Yes, I lurk a lot and post once in a while. I never thought my car was "nice enough" to post pics, but now that I missed out on the poster, here goes..........

Steve
quapman@aol.com
Redneck in training
COOL ride (Glad we got to see it)!  Dig the police wheels too!  Have you ever had Redline caps on them?  '71 has a look all it's own with those split side-markers...  Like it!!!

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 03, 2006, 04:10:22 PM
Use Wix, Hastings, Purolator...something along those lines. :icon_smile_approve:
Frams are saved to use on beaters with 300,000 miles, who leak more oil than the gas they burn. :icon_smile_tongue:
I've heard some great things about K&N oil filters, but can't see spending 12.99...?  Anyone ever used them?

Vainglory, Esq.

quapman

Thanks for the compliments! It has a blue cloth interior with an Auto-Grip, too. Yes, this is a blatant plug, but I need to start selling these things!!!

Steve

suburbanfireman

I bought my Charger 2/2005 from a guy in Michigan.  Froze my a$$ off looking at it, and it was frozen to the ground.  :rotz:

Finally trailered it home, but the cold windshield shattered when I tried to hose the salt roadspray off of the car!   :flame:

Backed the car off the trailer into the garage.  Immediately had the axle rebuilt with new 4.56 gears and new sure-grip.  Pulled the car out of the garage in March, tried to do the first burnout / test launch and exploded the transmission right in front of the house!   :flame:

Car is now torn apart and spread across the garage while I attempt to repaint it. 

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Paladin

Well.....

Okay.   I come on here from time to time and look around to see what is going on.  Usually I don't spend a lot of time but since I broke my left foot, I have more than enough to post the specs and a couple of pics of my '71 Charger R/T.  I have had it for something like eight years now and have made a lot of improvements on it over that time.  I consider myself as one of the "Mopar faithful", I have had at least one Mopar in my possession since 1975.  I am not a zealot though, as I have had and currently own other American makes and I enjoy them all.

My two teenaged sons and I do just about everything ourselves, except for exhaust systems and front end alignments.  However, I am looking for some old style front end alignment tools and one day I can add that little task to our resume.  Good pipe benders cost way too much.  The boys have been a lot of help and an occasional source of inspiration on my R/T, and though I know that it will be sold off sometime in the future, I don't like the idea much.  Nothing lasts forever, so you enjoy the good days while you can.

May God Bless America,
Paladin

1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1972 Plymouth Scamp   
1976 Chrysler New Yorker coupe
1978 Dodge Monaco A38/E86
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1982 Chrysler Imperial   
1987 Pontiac Trans Am   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

1971 DODGE CHARGER R/T

440 MAGNUM 370 HORSEPOWER V8, TORQUEFLITE 727 TRANSMISSION, EXTRA HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION, FULL INSTRUMENTATION, BUCKET SEATS, CONSOLE WITH "SLAPSTIK" SHIFTER, PERFORMANCE HOOD, FRONT SPOILER, "GO-WING" REAR SPOILER, "BAZOOKA" EXHAUST TIPS, PERFORMANCE TAPE TREATMENT, AIR CONDITIONING, POWER FRONT DISC BRAKES AND POWER STEERING

WITH FOLLOWING MODIFICATIONS:

ENGINE:                                                                SUSPENSION:

-BALANCED LOWER ASSEMBLY W/                              -"FIRM FEEL" STEERING BOX
      .030 OVERBORE                                                             -HELLWIG 1 1/8 INCH FRONT SWAY BAR
-MOPAR PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT                            -ENERGY SUSPENSION POLYURETHANE
      (280 DURATION, .484 LIFT)                                                  BUSHINGS
-MOPAR PERFORMANCE VALVESPRINGS                    -15x8.5 INCH MAGEL ALLOY WHEELS
-RHOADS LIFTERS                                                              -HELLWIG 1 INCH REAR SWAY BAR
-MOPAR PERFORMANCE WINDAGE TRAY                  -COOPER P25560R15 SPEED RATED TIRES
-DOUBLE ROLLER TIMING SET                                       -OVERSIZE 11X2.5 INCH REAR DRUM
-MOPAR PERFORMANCE DISTRIBUTOR                                BRAKES
-ACCEL 300+ IGNITION SYSTEM                                     -12  INCH ROTORS
-HOLLEY ANNIHILATOR PLUG WIRES                          -RAYBESTOS SEMI-METALLIC BRAKE
-BOSCH PLATINUM PLUGS                                                        PADS AND SHOES
-HEDMAN ELITE COATED HEADERS                             -MAGNUM PERFORMANCE TUBULAR
-2.5 INCH ALUMINIZED DUAL EXHAUSTS                             UPPER CONTROL ARMS
-BALANCE TUBE                                                                       
-DYNOMAX SUPER TURBO MUFFLERS                       
-MP SINGLE PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD                     
-MODIFIED QUADRAJET 750 CFM CARB                       OTHER:
-ALUMINUM CARB HEAT SHIELD                                 
-M/T  ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS                                  -COBRA CB SYSTEM
-K&N AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY                                      -FIRE EXTINGUISHER           
-DERALE ENGINE OIL COOLER                                        -EXTRA SOUND DEADENER
-MOBILE 1 15W-50 SYNTHETIC OIL                                 -IMPROVED SAFETY BELT SYSTEM
-MILODON HIGH FLOW WATER PUMP                           -GRANT SIGNATURE STEERING WHEEL
-HI-PERF 160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT                              -AUTOMETER GAUGES
-RADIATOR OVERFLOW SYSTEM                                    -HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
                                                                                                  -HELLA DRIVING LAMPS
DRIVETRAIN:                                                       

-TCI TRANSMISSION SHIFT KIT
-DERALE TRANS COOLER
-RECALIBRATED SHIFT POINTS
-DERALE TRANS COOLER PAN
-TCI "SIZZLER" TORQUE CONVERTER
-CUSTOM SUREGRIP 2.76 SUREGRIP REAREND
[/b]
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

Charger Aficionado

Dammit.  This thread is coming-out with some beautiful cars!  Thanks for posting!

74-StreetMachine

I'm a lurker and occasional poster. Here are some pics of my 74 Charger.
The first pic is from around 1979. That's my dad washing my MOMs car. The one in the background in my brothers 74 Charger. A few years later I bought the Charger from my mom for $500. It was a run of the mill 318 car. That soon changed. I bought a 340 for $200 and had it rebuilt. Then a friend of mine took an auto body course at the local technical college. He was going to paint my car as an extra credit project but Wisconsin winters had taken it's toll on the body, so we had a lot of work to do before we could paint. I went to the dealer and ordered two new fenders, $245.00 each, and two door skins, $110.00 each.
The rear quarters weren't too bad and we made our own patch panels and welded them in. We didn't make the deadline and my car didn't get painted, but that was a good thing.

My friend got a job working for the teachers aide from the auto body class. The TA ran his own custom hot rod body shop on the side. My friend owed me a paint job and they were looking for a car to "try some stuff on". My friend helped me with the body work and I did all the priming and block sanding. I delivered the car ready to paint. Because they were both friends of mine and I had done some favors for them, all I had to pay for was the paint.

Mods to the car: Took the 318 out and put in a 340. Took that out and put in a 440. Got rid of the column shift and put in a slap stick. Replaced the 8-1/4 with an 8-3/4 and 4:10 gears. Found a wrecked 71 R/T and got the hood, trunk lid, grilles and tail lights all for $200 !!!! Removed the vinyl top.  Changed the car from a hard top to a coupe. Put in a big block K Frame. Up graded the rear brakes to 11". Put in a 4" narrower than stock rear end. Relocated the leaf springs. Removed them ugly big black rubber bumperettes. Removed the filler strips between the bumpers. I slotted the bumper brackets on the front and slid it back. On the rear I used '72 bumper brackets to tuck it up to the body.

Projects for this year? Put in rallye dash,an X-pipe with side exit exhaust, and sub frame connectors.

Oh, and about the paint, it's all lacquer.  Base color, 1974 GMC Service Truck Orange. (also known as chevy orange) and house of color candies for the graphics.. Then topped off with two coats of a red/gold pearl mix and several coats of clear lacquer.   

Oh yeah, it was painted in 1986. It still looks as good as the day it rolled out of the paint booth.

Randy

Randy

Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

Hondo66charger

here goes, I spend most of my time on the 66-67charger website, I bought my charger in July of 2004 from a local guy who is almost as bad as HLPAG which i almost drove 900 miles to go and buy a charger when i made my decision.
My guy gave me a price on a finished vehicle and a delivery date of 8 weeks. well 11 months later the vehicle wasnt finished and 2 of my best buddies and i spent several of our own hours  working on the car to get it running  so i could at least drive  it away and finsih it in my own spare time,
First thing i did after taking it from the old fart was go to the body shop for serious work and repainting  now the car is in my garage  waiting for my spare time and warmer weather to finish the interior  stuff that needs done ,
I plan to redye all the interior stuff white so it doesnt have the ugly  aged look it shows in my pics.
we painted the car metalflake black with flamboyant glitter  its one sharp loker sitting in the sunlght
thats it for now
Duane in Pa

my phot album is below 
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hondo37/album?.dir=1b33&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos   enjoy these

Charger_Fan

Great lookin' Chargers, you guys!

StreetMachine, you definitely wouldn't lose that car in a parking lot. ;D
That paint job looks like it would be hard to do, that guy had skills.

Charger Aficionado

I think Street Machine's paint job is very Retro-looking...  I dig retro.

Blue Pentastar

I am new to this so I hope these come through ok. It only took 5 tries to get the little pic on my personal info profile.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel