News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did all Daytonas and Superbirds get a Dana 60?

Started by Indygenerallee, July 18, 2012, 05:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Did all Daytonas and Superbirds get a Dana 60 rear axle??? I know most of the original cars I have seen had Dana's just a question I have always pondered!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

learical1

No, 8 3/4" was standard on the automatics, Dana 60 optional.  Dana standard on the 4 speed cars. 
Bruce

hemi68charger

No..
Not sure about the Superbirds (Never saw one that was an original Super High Performance axle package - A32), but Charger 500's and Daytonas with the 727 could have come with the previously mentioned axle package. Both my C500 and Daytona are A32 cars..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Hemi_tyme

4sp 3.54 Dana  Auto 3.55 8 3/4 no other gear ratio could be ordered on a Superbird :cheers:

Robert96

My 70 Super Bee ( ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARS EVER CREATED ) Had a 4spd. and a Dana 3:54 for what it's worth. Beautiful Car!!!