News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd generation B-body non A/C heater box overhaul

Started by gtx6970, July 20, 2012, 09:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

I see questions about these from time to time. So I thought since I have one in the works , why not post it as time allows.

This is for a customers 1970 Plymouth B-body - stay tuned as I go forward.,,,if you want.

I have it all torn down for case and parts inspection. Case has been lightly glass beaded then cleared with Eastwoods diamond satin clear. All the rivets have been removed and will be replaced with the correct blind head style. All brackets are out to be replated. Heater core gets dropped off the 1st of the week to be recored.

There is an area that needs repaired where the ft cover gets attached, easy fix and re-inforced from the backside with some fiberglass and resin then it'll be covered with the ft cover once repainted and re-installed

The main reason the box came out in the first place

gtx6970

Did a little testing with the stamps for the ft cover.
Everything inside will go thru the glass bead cabinet, repainted and all the seals replaced with a DMT gasket set