News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Partial retro 69 Charger road test in Musclecar Review

Started by Ghoste, July 20, 2012, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Just picked up the July 2012 MCR and they have bits of an old comparison road test in there from Motor Trend back in 1968 along with some MCR thoughts on the article.  The original article compared a bunch of intermediates for 1969 but of course it is the 69 Charger that interests me.  Of the five cars tested, the Charger RT was 2nd in acceleration (GTX 1st) at 13.9 and 101.4 mph.  A 3:55 gear and automatic with a 440 gave them 10.4 to 11.8 mpg and although  MT like the handling better than the GTX they felt it was inferior to the GS 400 and GTO.  It had the best instrument panel of the cars tested but the funniest part inmy opinion was that they felt the Charger styling was "too dressed up and a little ostentatious" compared to the GTX but they liked the fact that "it hadn't changed much from the 68 and the brute Charger styling, that symbol of masculine virility, was still intact".

Long live masculine virility.

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2012, 09:33:59 AM
Just picked up the July 2012 MCR and they have bits of an old comparison road test in there from Motor Trend back in 1968 along with some MCR thoughts on the article.  The original article compared a bunch of intermediates for 1969 but of course it is the 69 Charger that interests me.  Of the five cars tested, the Charger RT was 2nd in acceleration (GTX 1st) at 13.9 and 101.4 mph.  A 3:55 gear and automatic with a 440 gave them 10.4 to 11.8 mpg and although  MT like the handling better than the GTX they felt it was inferior to the GS 400 and GTO.  It had the best instrument panel of the cars tested but the funniest part inmy opinion was that they felt the Charger styling was "too dressed up and a little ostentatious" compared to the GTX but they liked the fact that "it hadn't changed much from the 68 and the brute Charger styling, that symbol of masculine virility, was still intact".

Long live masculine virility.

:iagree: :nixon: :iagree:

c00nhunterjoe

TUFCAT

The car hauled ass for being stock....and the GTX did better! Chrysler products beat all the Fords and GM products. Just like on the streets. :yesnod: