News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nu-relics power window group buy

Started by Dino, July 20, 2012, 09:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Alright folks, I contacted Nu-relics and inquired about a possible group deal for the window kit.  Specifically the 4 window kit but I'm sure other kits can be mixed in with a group order as well.  As long as the company gets plenty business, I don't think they care what car it's for so if someone wants to copy/paste this onto cuda-challenger and the other mopar sites please do so.

http://www.shop.nu-relics.com/1968-1970-Roadrunner-Charger-Front-Rear-Chrome-Door-96810-402.htm

Nu-relics charges $915 for the 4 window kit with your choice of switches.  For those who don't know, it's the same kit XV sells for $995.

I received a promt reply from these guys and although they have never done a group discount, they are willing to entertain the idea.  The question they have are these:  Would one person order for everyone or would each person order individually.  If the latter, what time frame are we looking at. 
I don't know how this usually goes but it seems to me that one person should collect the orders and funds and make one big order over at Nu-relics.  It would make sense I think.  If anyone has experience with collections like this please post here.

If orders are placed individualy we would need a way to make it clear to the company that we are part of the group buy, this may turn out to be a headache for all parties involved so again, if you know more about these things, post away!

If there is enough interest in this and we can get a discount I think it would be well worth it.  Let's get this discussion started and see how much interest there is.  I would love power windows on my car so any buck saved is good in my book!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

mauve66

does anyone have pics of a 68-70 charger rear window out of the car so we (i) can see the lower frame with tracks
they say this bolts right to the original holes on 68-70, i wonder about 1st gens.  more pricey than what i was looking at but then the chaep ones are universal and universal means modifications...................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

elacruze

Quote from: mauve66 on July 20, 2012, 06:22:50 PM
does anyone have pics of a 68-70 charger rear window out of the car so we (i) can see the lower frame with tracks
they say this bolts right to the original holes on 68-70, i wonder about 1st gens.  more pricey than what i was looking at but then the chaep ones are universal and universal means modifications...................

I don't have pics of it, but I have the 4-window XV kit in my '68 and it was strictly bolt-in and simple.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Rolling_Thunder

Dumb question but all 66-70 B-body regulators are the same right? even for Convertibles?   If So I'd order a set for my 68 drop top.   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Dino

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 22, 2012, 10:00:11 AM
Dumb question but all 66-70 B-body regulators are the same right? even for Convertibles?   If So I'd order a set for my 68 drop top.   

I do believe they are the same but am not 100% sure.

I'm hoping more people will be interested because we're not getting much of a discount if we can't get a lot of people together.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68 charger freak

68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior