News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MEMBERS IN OREGON?

Started by DadsCharger00, July 19, 2012, 04:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

MEMBERS in oregon, near  COOS BAY....PM me...I have another wild goose chase. Would like to take action ASAP if possible. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

chargerboy69

Bull is in Oregon I believe, where I am not sure.  Unless all the Communist ran him out of the state.  :D  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

naw...he's still there....he tried to come up here, but we threw him back

Bryan

sixpack70

I'm an Oregon resident, although I haven't lived there for 10 years. What's your wild goose chase?
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Shredthepow

DadsCharger00

Quote from: surmanajaja on July 20, 2012, 08:38:37 AM
he wants someone to go look at this, I guess..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200794451219&ih=010&category=6199&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

That's it. Sorry to bother you all with this stuff. But I'm looking for best bang on the dollar...and that looked like one to look at. Sorry again guys...but thanks if you can help.

surmanajaja

itsĀ“s gone. did you buy it`=?

DadsCharger00

I didn't. But it's gone. Oh well. Seemed fishy. Best of luck to the buyer. I either won, or lost haha...

surmanajaja

the seller was a Ford guy, I think it might have been legit. but those Pay Pal stuffs always throw me off.I will never pay a dime with it, I would rather fly there and see the car and then pay. or send someone to do the deal.

bull

I'm probably 2-2.5 hours from Coos Bay depending on how many Prius driving commies are in my way. It might turn up at the Mopar Nationals this Sunday with a $25k price tag on it. I'll keep an eye out.

DodgeChargerNeeded

If a deal like that or the one I snagged pops up sometimes you just go with your gut and click the buy it now thats what I did. In my case I got a super good deal everybody isn't always so lucky.
Jeff

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on July 20, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
If a deal like that or the one I snagged pops up sometimes you just go with your gut and click the buy it now thats what I did. In my case I got a super good deal everybody isn't always so lucky.

thats true and ask questions later because you can back out after a buy it now etc.....Ebay caters to buyers now while sellers are shackled, essentially.

model maker

That was a nice car but looks like it is too late.
MODEL MAKER

UH60L

I'm in the Salem area, just in case next time.

By the way, we had our all mopar car show today, were any of you there?

Saw some nice chargers.  Not as big a turn out as we hoped for though.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on July 20, 2012, 08:22:47 PM
I'm probably 2-2.5 hours from Coos Bay depending on how many Prius driving commies are in my way. It might turn up at the Mopar Nationals this Sunday with a $25k price tag on it. I'll keep an eye out.

I bailed on the Salem show today.  It's just not the show it used to be.  Couple years ago we showed up @ the Target parking lot & if it wasn't for all my buddys' I paraded down there with I would have turned around.  Weak...

I'm meeting David & Danny on the Hwy. 14 onramp to 205 tomorrow morning.  
See ya' tomorrow Curtis.  :wave:

472 R/T SE

bull

Hey Mike. What time are you showing up? First thing? I have an assignment to find some door trim for a coworker who's restoring a '67 Dart convertible. Know anyone who's got some for sale?

472 R/T SE

On our way.  I'llask the guys

titan3032

In Albany area, missed any advertisements for the Salem show.  maybe next year

472 R/T SE

Quote from: titan3032 on July 22, 2012, 11:06:31 PM
In Albany area, missed any advertisements for the Salem show.  maybe next year

I, as well as my buddys' got the little post cards anywhere from 2-5 days ago.

We heard some discouraging news today.  The gal who's been sort of ramrodding it lately, her health's taken a turn.  It's sucks cause her husband just recovered from a serious health scare & now this.  They're both good people, it's just really unfortunate.  

Daytona Guy

Mytur Binsdirti

My member has never been to Oregon.

bull

Hey Mike, did you win anything? I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

472 R/T SE

I've been going to the Nationals for a long time.  Hardest place for me to ever bring home anything.  Most of the time it's like last year in that I get skunked.

But I won my class this year!!!   :cheers:  I'd been cleaning on that car for a month, at least the pass. side.  I'd mask off the body or vinyl top or both and buffed out all the stainless.

Only thing I haven't done which I normally do each year is pull each wheel off to clean the insides & shine the inside sidewall.

bull

Awesome. :2thumbs: It did look good.

What's the title of the class you were in? Did you get a plaque?

472 R/T SE

Woodburn's always only given out plaques.  They're the same design ever year just different year.

I entered B body modified.  It's a touchy subject with some owners'.  If I enter Hemi class, the Hemi owners snivel cause it's not a real Hemi car.  When I enter B body modified, they snivel that I should be in the Hemi class.

Part of the reason I quit showing the car.  Now I have no choice.

Tom Muir was there with his '69 GTX & he entered Hemi class anyways.  I didn't want to go up against a fellow club member/friend.  Cause let's face it, most real Hemi cars that are alive nowadays aren't a real desirable color. 

Some dude in a high impact color car with hood call outs & the car sounds incredible tends to make others feel inadequate. 

bull

People will always snivel. It's as sure as death and taxes.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 21, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
Quote from: bull on July 20, 2012, 08:22:47 PM

I bailed on the Salem show today.  It's just not the show it used to be.  Couple years ago we showed up @ the Target parking lot & if it wasn't for all my buddys' I paraded down there with I would have turned around.  Weak...

I'm meeting David & Danny on the Hwy. 14 onramp to 205 tomorrow morning.  
See ya' tomorrow Curtis.  :wave:

Due to a medical problem with one of our former members, there were as many as 4 different times/dates given out for our show last year (maybe the year before that too).  Thus we had a very poor turn out.  I probably shouldn't give out this much info, as it's a very personal matter, but a former founding member of the club came down with alzheimer's.  Very sad, she and her husband were huge car people, and had 4 old mopars prior to this happening (70 challenger, '69 GTX, '69 superbee, and a GTX convertable (not sure of the year...)).

472 R/T SE

I think I mentioned that.  I absolutely that disease.
It happens so fast.  I called my grandma from work one day and she didn't know who I was.  I sat there & cried.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 31, 2012, 08:50:48 PM
It happens so fast.  I called my grandma from work one day and she didn't know who I was.  I sat there & cried.

Yeah, it really sucks.  This gal is only in her '60s, not that old.   I've had two aunts that got it really bad, couldn't remember who they were, or even when and how to eat.  I'ts a he!! of a way to go. 

I don't wish that on anyone.

bull

Quote from: UH60L on August 02, 2012, 11:58:35 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 31, 2012, 08:50:48 PM

Yeah, it really sucks.  This gal is only in her '60s, not that old.   I've had two aunts that got it really bad, couldn't remember who they were, or even when and how to eat.  I'ts a he!! of a way to go. 

I don't wish that on anyone.

My grandmother and one of my aunts had it. Grandma tried to eat a porcelain salt shaker and broke a bunch of her teeth out. :rotz: I didn't experience the latter portion of it with my aunt but I remember one trip I took with her a couple of years before she died and her conversations were all over the place. Plus it was nonstop talking for about 3.5 hours. It was almost as if she was trying to get every lucid thing out of her head before her mind went.