News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bullitt vs. Vanishing Point

Started by 73-charger-383, July 28, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

just go on utube and watch bullitt's chase scene, the movie is boring. ::) Vanishing point is very cool but dark. :scratchchin: DMCL is my favorite, if you like these watch "Brewster McCloud"  :D

wingcar

Wow, it's amazing how different the cars look in Bullitt when you slow the film down......... :D
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

I do not remember that scene in Cars.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on August 22, 2012, 02:12:26 AM
I do not remember that scene in Cars.
slow it down frame by frame its there........ :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Bob T

Quote from: Ghoste on August 22, 2012, 04:19:09 AM
How far in?

( sound of Ghoste's chain getting pulled )  ;)

Just some internet pic mashup
There is a Bullitt Charger and Mcqueen slot car set though
And this one a mate got me recently on a trip over there
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Ah, I couldn't think of any city scenes but I didn't sit riveted through the entire thing either. lol

rayderluvr

Anyone remember Hot Rod (aka  Rebel of the Road)? I remember loving it when I saw it as a kid.....

Cooter

Quote from: rayderluvr on August 22, 2012, 08:48:26 AM
Anyone remember Hot Rod (aka  Rebel of the Road)? I remember loving it when I saw it as a kid.....

Are you referring to the 1979 Flick starring Gregg Henry, and the '41 Willy's coupe with 426 Hemi?

If so, I watched it and have it on DVD...Love that flick..."Munns Root beer"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I think my favorite part of that movie has to be the opening sequences when he brings the Plymouth in on the hook and then makes her beautiful.  Then a little tuning on the carb and out to the sunlight and drive off.

Cooter

I can't tell you how many actually thought Krylon Spray bomb paint could shine like that 'ol black '65 did in "Hot Rod"...Um...Yeah, and Hollywood had nothing to do with it..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Haha, yeah too true.  You have to admit it's the gearheads version of a warm fuzzy scene though.

Cooter

One of My favorite scenes from that movie was when he pulls out on the street against the purple car and dude says "Hey, how much we goin for Brian?"...Brian says "$100/gear"...

Damn have I used that line more than once in my old mustang back in the day.

Another scene favorite of mine is when he's in the bar and dude comes up and asks Brian "Hey whatcha runnin in that willys out there?"
Brian, Says "Black and Decker aquarium pump, J2"...