News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yes or no

Started by 928007, July 18, 2012, 08:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: AKcharger on July 18, 2012, 05:23:57 PM
I'd change it over, it's not like you're talkin' a '69 Charger 500 w/Hemi or somthing...do what ya' want.

But if you don't...PM me...I'll buy the roof  ;)

Man, that actually sounds like a good idea to do to my C500.. I also have a factory decklid with a luggage rack up in the attic, maybe I can make that work too..  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2012, 09:44:40 AM
One more vote for cloning up a different car.

If he's like me, he may not have the luxury of having enough money to fix the R/T SE and get another car just to use the sunroof. If you're saving this R/T SE from the brink, I say go for it.. Life's too short... Put the roof on it.............

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Patronus

What, no poll?  :shruggy:
I guess I'd cut it in or sell it...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona R/T SE

Sooo...

How many RT SEs were built in '69?

Daytona R/T SE

I'd change it over, it's not like you're talkin' a '69 Charger 500 w/Hemi or somthing...do what ya' want.

But if you don't...PM me...I'll buy the roof  ;)

Put me second in line for the roof.

I've got another '69 waiting it's turn...

mauve66

don't sell it to him , he may not be around, we're waiting day by day here........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

NHCharger

Is your RTSE matching #'s? Not sure I would cut a numbers car such as that. But it is your car, do what you want.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

472 R/T SE

Quote from: NHCharger on July 18, 2012, 08:58:20 PM
Is your RTSE matching #'s? Not sure I would cut a numbers car such as that. But it is your car, do what you want.

That's what I was waiting to say.  If you have the tag/sheet & the #'s drivetrain than absolutely no.

If your car is like Rod's in that all you have is a VIN proving it's an R/T & nothing more than by all means mod it up.

nvrbdn

your car, your choice. enjoy it as you see fit.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

AirborneSilva

Another vote for keeping the R/T-SE original  :yesnod:

nvrbdn

Quote from: mauve66 on July 18, 2012, 08:17:49 PM
don't sell it to him , he may not be around, we're waiting day by day here........................

this is true, we are on the call list to haul the junk away. :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Old Moparz

Years ago I'd have easily considered installing a sunroof, but seeing how difficult it is finding parts for the sunroof itself these days, I don't feel the same way about it. If the car is rusty enough to need a roof, then that would make it easier to still consider it as long as I had EVERYTHING for the roof. As far as the car being a less expensive base model or a RT/SE, that wouldn't matter to me or be a deterrent from doing it.

One last thought, is it something you'd be doing yourself, or having a shop do it? The cost of that mod may never justify the desire to have it.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 18, 2012, 07:30:33 PM

But if you don't...PM me...I'll buy the roof  ;)

Man, that actually sounds like a good idea to do to my C500.. I also have a factory decklid with a luggage rack up in the attic, maybe I can make that work too..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy, isn't a 500 deck lid to short for a luggage rack ?

If he's like me, he may not have the luxury of having enough money to fix the R/T SE and get another car just to use the sunroof. If you're saving this R/T SE from the brink, I say go for it.. Life's too short... Put the roof on it.............

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Skyview69

Quote from: moparmark on July 18, 2012, 04:43:22 PM
Leave the car as is.....save the sunroof for an actual sunroof car.....

I could use some parts from it if you decide not to use it  :2thumbs:

Lennard

six-tee-nine

I'd say do what you want if you like it.

If I would do such a mod, then you should be 100% factory appearing. Who will notice? if you keep your original fender tag in the car then only people who know all feder tag codes will see the difference.
If you can live with the fact that anyone asks you on a cruise or meet if it is original, and you say "naah, I added the sunroof myself but hell I like it alot" then where's the problem...

Will it hurt the value? Probably for some it will but more than enough others wont matter.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

I disagree somewhat.  As these things get older I see value being placed on originality more than ever.  You could be correct in that there will be "enough" others that there is still a decent buying market for it but I see that group shrinking over time.  It will never disappear completely but it gets smaller over time.  There are a lot of high quality original equipment cars out there and buyers with money are becoming more reluctant to invest it in cars they are less assured of seeing their return.  Look at the price drop of clones compared to real cars and then consider that just before the bubble popped some of those clones were beginning to get pretty close to bringing the same money as the cars they were emulating.  Just my opinion though.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 07:50:06 AM
I disagree somewhat.  As these things get older I see value being placed on originality more than ever.  You could be correct in that there will be "enough" others that there is still a decent buying market for it but I see that group shrinking over time.  It will never disappear completely but it gets smaller over time.  There are a lot of high quality original equipment cars out there and buyers with money are becoming more reluctant to invest it in cars they are less assured of seeing their return.  Look at the price drop of clones compared to real cars and then consider that just before the bubble popped some of those clones were beginning to get pretty close to bringing the same money as the cars they were emulating.  Just my opinion though.

I was thinking about that recently.  I'm not so sure that the amount of Chargers out there is shrinking.  Would it not make sense that with the availability of parts it is now easier to bring an old car like a Charger back to life compared to 10-20 years ago?  Also these cars will start to move around more when owners are forced to sell or when they reach an age they no longer use it and then of course when the aging owner is no more.  I think we may be seeing more driver or better condition cars than we used to.  It's just a guess though, I may be way off the mark.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I wasn't really meaning the amount of Chargers but rather the amount of buyers who are spending without a care.  Without a care is a bit over the top maybe but it points to my intent I hope.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 08:29:37 AM
I wasn't really meaning the amount of Chargers but rather the amount of buyers who are spending without a care.  Without a care is a bit over the top maybe but it points to my intent I hope.

Oh, my bad!

Ghoste

Actually your point about cars and aging owners is one I agree with too as I think that is also going to be more and more of a factor in buyers having the option to be choosy.  And yet in spite of what I jsut typed out, I don't know that I think there will be a glut of cars either.  Those two statements contradict but who knows?  It will be interesting for sure.
I still think the sunroof stitched onto a non sunroof car that is desirable in its own right would hurt that car but the sunroof on a lesser car would help the lesser one.  My wife would quickly point out to all of you that I am almost always wrong though so take it how you wish. :lol:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Ghoste on July 25, 2012, 09:00:56 AM
  My wife would quickly point out to all of you that I am almost always wrong though so take it how you wish. :lol:

Your wife and mine must be long lost sisters  :icon_smile_big:

but I do agree with your statement that putting the sunroof on the SE would lessen the value but on a run of the mill Charger it could only enhance the value.

Dino

I agree with both of you and I think I may have the long lost third sister here...

Ghoste

I call female conspiracy, we can't all be wrong all the time. :lol:

elacruze

Quote from: tan top on July 18, 2012, 11:27:06 AM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on July 18, 2012, 09:31:59 AM
Quote from: Paul G on July 18, 2012, 09:02:41 AM
No. Keep it original. Mod up a less rare one.  

I agree, "clone" up something less rare. :Twocents:
Quote from: bill440rt on July 18, 2012, 10:06:05 AM
And another.

Quote from: Paul G on July 18, 2012, 09:02:41 AM
No. Keep it original. Mod up a less rare one. 

:iagree: ..... :yesnod:.... :iagree:...... :yesnod:........ :iagree: .....:iagree: :iagree: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

+1
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.