News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 charger

Started by bangs69, July 19, 2012, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bangs69

I have a 2007 charger r/t with 5.7 hemi,my question:while I am driving the computer shuts down to 4 cylinders for better fuel mileage,I don't want that,is there any way of stopping it?I didnt buy this car for the gas mileage,to get it bach to 8 cylinders you have to punch it,it's driving me nut..any suggestions?

twodko

Hello,

I really couldn't say what might be going on with your sedan. This site is geared toward 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Chargers. If you do a Google search on new dodge sedans I believe there is a site or two with those cars in mind. Good luck.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

c00nhunterjoe

Buy a diablo sport predator chip. You can turn off the mds with it and the power is night and day differences with the programs.

Troy

Doesn't it only kick in the MDS at cruise? Why disable that? No point in sucking more gas than necessary - save some for when you want to punch it!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

472 R/T SE

While I'm sure all are welcome here you might find more help on the LX Forum.  I'm over there as well.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/forum.php

Ghoste

Have they cracked the programming tables Mopar uses for their fuel and spark commands in the computers?  I thought messing with that stuff and adding chips and whatever caused as many problems as they solved in the modern Mopars?

1974dodgecharger

That looks like an Avenger????  Is there an Avenger forum when you do a google search?  :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2012, 09:43:25 AM
Have they cracked the programming tables Mopar uses for their fuel and spark commands in the computers?  I thought messing with that stuff and adding chips and whatever caused as many problems as they solved in the modern Mopars?

The predator has worked wonders for mine. The out of the box programs (91 and 93 octane) were a big difference in the car with no side effects. I have full access to fuel and spark tables. I am running a modified tune in my 07. I'm at 105,000 miles on the car, it gets 28 mpg highway and 20 around town, it will blow the tires off from a 20 mph roll, still barks 2nd gear, and runs 13's on a stock car other then the program and a K&N filter and a 180 thermostat.  I had to switch from the 210 to a 180 in order to run more fuel and timing to prevent pinging (which is also able to be read through my chip so I can moniterping before its even audible and adjust my mapping even further)