News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beer

Started by Ram07, July 17, 2012, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ram07

Who drinks what...betcha all the USA dudes drink BUd...yeah....might hVE HAD A COUPLE, BUT DIDNT SEE THIS THREAD BEFORE!! caps...sorry....chers.. :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

TK73

Redhook: CopperHook

Amber or Red Ales ONLY.   NO F-in Bud crap

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TheGhost

MGD here.  Bud gives me headaches.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ram07

Ram07

on a side note...I did build this today...

cost me 24 bucks....thats a 35 gallon tank.... :icon_smile_big:

Dans 68

"Negra Modelo", as far as a store bought beer. It is a Graf-style Vienna lager (actually an ale as they do use ale yeast) that I've determined, after dozens and dozens of taste tests, is my favorite style. And yes, I do make my beer...I was a water quality chemist in a past life.  ;)
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Fred

Tooheys Old for me.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Chivas Regal 18Y for me..... Oops, wrong thread.

Cooter

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis, cause I'm the most interesting man I know. :lol:

Most times, I really don't drink beer. Most of my drink comes from a jar, it's clear, about 100 Proof, and with the right fruit, it is good.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

FLG

Stick to Rum and Vodka...sometimes mixed, and some Coronas in between  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: TheGhost on July 17, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
MGD here. 

:2thumbs:  MGD here too, but I probably drank a tanker truck load or two of Michalob before I switched.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XH29N0G

I like beer, and Bud is OK.  It has a subtle palate.

We tend to move around so  we drink what we can get and keep trying different things (even wine - not to much bourbon because it it too tasty and I drink it too fast). 

I like all that have been listed, but some highpoints for me have been Big rock (I like erratics), Orbaek (but I liked albani too), and now little creatures.  Next fall?  Dogfish head, raison d'etre and some other stuff. 

The only beer that I seems to be an acquired taste was in a barrel at a recreated town and was 1800's style.  It was a little sour and made me squint.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Ram07 on July 17, 2012, 10:02:01 PM
Who drinks what...betcha all the USA dudes drink BUd...yeah....might hVE HAD A COUPLE, BUT DIDNT SEE THIS THREAD BEFORE!! caps...sorry....chers.. :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

I'll have what he's drinking! :lol:

BBD

BrianShaughnessy

Sam Adams,  usually the boston lager.    I like the summer ale when it's hot.

Yeungling is a good 2nd choice.

Bud gives me headaches.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

gsniegow

Guinness, 312, Amstel, Most Sam Adams, or whatevers in the fridge!  

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Dans 68 on July 17, 2012, 10:26:40 PM
"Negra Modelo", as far as a store bought beer. It is a Graf-style Vienna lager (actually an ale as they do use ale yeast) that I've determined, after dozens and dozens of taste tests, is my favorite style. And yes, I do make my beer...I was a water quality chemist in a past life.  ;)

Awesome brew! I drank a pile of that last March in Mexico  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

My summer fave! Unfiltered Wheat..similar to BLUE MOON in the USA
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Old Moparz

http://www.dogfish.com/

Not because of the short lived "shitty-reality-beer-brewer" TV show, either.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

And yes, I do make my beer...I was a water quality chemist in a past life.  ;)

I keep thinking that I want to try doing that sometime, But my first father in law tried it once and it tasted like you were drinking kerosene.  :eek2: :puke:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

41husk

Free beer is my favorite, but since I am trying to lose weight, again, I do miller 64.  I know when I am going to have some I have to eat less that day.  Beer or no beer I stay at 1500 calories per day.  Being married, I often need to drink the entire 1500 calories :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Dino

Being Belgian I like a lot of the dark beers but on rare occasion only, mostly because I tend to not remember the occasion until the police shows up!   :lol:
They're great to cook with as well, as is Guinness.

I'll grab a Hoegaarden from time to time but I like many of the Sam Adams beers as well.  Can't go wrong wiht a Boston Lager!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Tilar on July 18, 2012, 10:09:03 AM
And yes, I do make my beer...I was a water quality chemist in a past life.  ;)

I keep thinking that I want to try doing that sometime, But my first father in law tried it once and it tasted like you were drinking kerosene.  :eek2: :puke:

Which one is him?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Land Shark is my latest keep in the fridge beer...

I had "Fat Tire" on tap when I went to Vegas 2 years ago....havent been able to find it here in NY

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

stripedelete

I like throwing a few of these back after a saturday afternoon out in the heat.

http://beersnobette.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/leinenkugels-summer-shandy/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: stripedelete on July 18, 2012, 07:39:10 PM

Thats even better on tap!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 18, 2012, 03:48:32 PM
I had "Fat Tire" on tap when I went to Vegas 2 years ago....havent been able to find it here in NY

I could have swore that was available over here on the east coast.... I first had FT back in college on a trip to CO/WY. Was a  gooooooood trip.  :icon_smile_wink:

I typically drink Miller High Life in the summer and UFO White / Shock Top in the winter.  Like Woodchuck Hard ciders too!   :icon_smile_approve:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

stripedelete

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 18, 2012, 08:03:32 PM

Absolutley.  (and thank you. that observation was lost during one of the my several attempts to post. :brickwall:)   

tsmithae

New Glarus' Spotted Cow for me!  :cheers:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Fred

Quote from: stripedelete on July 18, 2012, 08:10:56 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 18, 2012, 08:03:32 PM

Absolutley.  (and thank you. that observation was lost during one of the my several attempts to post. :brickwall:)   

Doesn't it just drive you nuts when you want to post a reply and someone else beats you to the punch because it takes you several attempts to get anywhere.   :pullinghair: :pullinghair: 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

stripedelete

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 18, 2012, 08:03:59 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 18, 2012, 03:48:32 PM

I could have swore that was available over here on the east coast.... I first had FT back in college on a trip to CO/WY. Was a  gooooooood trip.  :icon_smile_wink:

It's in Atlanta but I haven't seen it in Ohio.  It IS good.

Steve P.

A simple Bud Lite is fine by me.....  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gtx6970

Killians Irish Red on tap please

TUFCAT

Natural Light...and I prefer an average 12-15 per day in a perfect world.  :yesnod:

twodko

Open and in my hand.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TUFCAT

larmstrong11

Good ole PBR  pabst blue ribbon  then corona  or sam adams dark  a real good beer when you can get it is lowenbreau (excuse the spelling) special dark   good thread also

TK73

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 19, 2012, 01:09:53 PM
Natural Light.  Average 12-15 per day.  :yesnod:

Good to get your water hydration through the day... 
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

4cruzin

I am what my friends call me . . . A beer snob.  I like the extreme hoppy beer with a ton of after taste. . . IPA is usually what I drink . . . Most are over 7 percent and like drinking 2 of the typical pilsner beers like bud or budlight, miller and all the domestic beer.  With all the different kinds of beer, some are more difficult to find here in America.
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

General_01

In the fridge right now we have Killians Irish Red, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Bud Light Lime, and Miller Lite. It is in there for when guests come over. I rarely drink beer, but when I do I like Killians the best.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Paul G

At least two people have stated Bud gives them a headache. I thought it was just me. I cant drink Bud. It's a headache in a can. I prefer Miller Genuine Draft, and Miller light.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

TUFCAT

Quote from: Paul G on July 21, 2012, 09:59:35 PM
At least two people have stated Bud gives them a headache. I thought it was just me. I cant drink Bud. It's a headache in a can. I prefer Miller Genuine Draft, and Miller light.

Most Miller products give me a headache - especially GENUINE DRAFT! - But I can do Miller Light.  Also any ICE beer is an instant headache for me. Ice beers are "undrinkable". :eek2:

myk

I can't drink any of the light stuff, Bud, Coors, PBR, etc.  Not much of a beer drinker either but if I do it's usually a wheat beer like Heffeweisen, preferably Windansea by Karl Strauss brewed in San Diego...

Bob T

Used to be a big fan of Steinlager original, known as steingrenades
Man they had some bite, usually a box of Heineken lasts a lot longer these days
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

FLG

When the holidays come around ill grab some of this

But at 11% i dont last very long  :rofl:

Ram07

Interesting...never heard of most of this stuff, usually drink coors light, so how much for a box...best buy here is 15 Coors Light, $19.95

TeeWJay426

Quote from: 4cruzin on July 19, 2012, 10:12:31 PM
I am what my friends call me . . . A beer snob.  I like the extreme hoppy beer with a ton of after taste. . . IPA is usually what I drink . . . Most are over 7 percent and like drinking 2 of the typical pilsner beers like bud or budlight, miller and all the domestic beer.  With all the different kinds of beer, some are more difficult to find here in America.

I'm with you.... pretty much craft microbrews only; Sam adams is my baseline. No Miller, Coors, Anheuser Busch, and absolutely NOTHING light! Also make a lot of my own. Life is too short to drink crappy beer!!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

hemi68charger

I don't know which one to choose... Pick one..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection