News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever submit their Charger for the movies?

Started by Surf Charger, July 17, 2012, 09:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

We have a lot of movies filmed here in Wilmington, NC. If mine was up and running, I'd offer it up for the current movie they are filming here (Iron Man 3).

Just curious if anyone else's Charger has been featured in any films?

myk

I offered my '69 and my sister's virginity to Vin Diesel and the Fast & Furious franchise but both were summarily ignored...

Fred

Quote from: myk on July 17, 2012, 11:04:23 PM
I offered my '69 and my sister's virginity to Vin Diesel and the Fast & Furious franchise but both were summarily ignored...

Are you taking funny pills myk?  That's hilarious!!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Lol no...when I had a facebook account I followed Vin Diesel's daily posts about filming whatever Fast & Furious movie he was making at the time; he had made a request of sorts for vehicles and I offered my '69 and semi-jokingly offered my sister as well.  But then, I realized that there would be a good chance that my car would be destroyed and that was unacceptable to me so I didn't push it.  If he had asked for my sister I wouldn't have minded; he'd have to pay for shipping though...

doctor4766

Quote from: myk on July 18, 2012, 04:53:00 AM
Lol no...when I had a facebook account I followed Vin Diesel's daily posts about filming whatever Fast & Furious movie he was making at the time; he had made a request of sorts for vehicles and I offered my '69 and semi-jokingly offered my sister as well.  But then, I realized that there would be a good chance that my car would be destroyed and that was unacceptable to me so I didn't push it.  If he had asked for my sister I wouldn't have minded; he'd have to pay for shipping though...
How much to ship her to Oz?
Gotta love a '69

404NOTFOUND

If she's more than 150 pounds, you might not want to pay the shipping to Oz.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

1974dodgecharger

hahaha...im sure they would have reimbursed you a new car etc.....I highly doubt he was asking for 'free' chargers to crash without compensation. 

Cooter

Anybody that lends their car to a movie is a damn fool.

Had one fo the two remaining "Christines" (The one that crushed the kid at the loading dock), "lent" for the filming of "The man in the chair", and even though they claimed they would be EXTRA careful, Martin said that was the last time ANYBODY from Hollywood EVER drove his Car.

Movie people while Hollywood made it rare and valuable, they do not give a sh*t about preserving the heritage they created.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargerjy9

My 73 has been in 2 films, one a made for TV movie and the other a Hollywood picture filmed here in Detroit to be released late this summer. In both cases they never touched my car, and in the last film, I drove it during the scene shoot. The production companies treated us well and paid us well.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, it is time my car paid it's way.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

HPP

Quote from: Cooter on July 18, 2012, 06:23:18 AM
Anybody that lends their car to a movie is a damn fool.

Had one fo the two remaining "Christines" (The one that crushed the kid at the loading dock), "lent" for the filming of "The man in the chair", and even though they claimed they would be EXTRA careful, Martin said that was the last time ANYBODY from Hollywood EVER drove his Car.

Movie people while Hollywood made it rare and valuable, they do not give a sh*t about preserving the heritage they created.

Exactly. To them, it is simply the cost of doing business. Chargers are cheaper than Ferraris, so why not trash a few of them along the way.

Ghoste

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see a really great classic styled car chase film featuring a 1st gen, I would never let them near my 67.

wingcar

I work with a guy that "rented" his '72 Chevelle Convertible to a production company to be used in a major motion picture.  First off the picture was only released overseas, which of course disappointed him, and secondly they did some minor damage to the car with their camera mounts....which really disappointed him!

Also, some time back I talked with a guy involved in the shooting of the movie "Pearl Harbor" with Ben Afleck.  It seemed they asked Ben to be careful getting into and out of one of the P-40's, and he apparently was a real Ass about the whole thing.  Not really caring about the "prop" which he failed to appreciate as being a 50 year old airplane!

I guess when you allow your property to be used....be forewarned that not everyone will consider it to be as valuable as you do......................
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

markrt68

Mine was hired for background in the upcoming Halle Berry film Cloud Atlas, for the part that is set in San Francisco, even though it was filmed in Scotland :icon_smile_cool: . They had it for 3 days, any driving or moving was done by my brother or myself,  nice little earner $1500, like someone said, time it started paying for itself.
Hopefully it will not end up on the cutting floor and will be seen in the movie.

tan top

Quote from: doctor4766 on July 18, 2012, 04:58:12 AM
How much to ship her to Oz?
Quote from: doctor4766 on July 18, 2012, 05:34:56 AM
Good point.
Maybe I need a pic first
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on July 18, 2012, 05:18:05 AM
If she's more than 150 pounds, you might not want to pay the shipping to Oz.

:lol: :lol:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nh_mopar_fan

Bah. They used my '67 in the movie "The Box" with Cameron Diaz. They used my wife's 66 Valiant ragtop as well.

It was just period correct window dressing. It was parked on the side of the road as the cops came flying by.

We got paid a couple hundred for each car and they also paid us as an extras. We got to spend a day on the set, they fed
us breakfast and lunch. It was fun.

Here's my wife in '70s costume on the set with the car

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

That's pretty cool nh!  I remember seeing the movie but will have to watch again and look for that scene.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mauve66

any close ups of your car nh mopar fan??
never seen the side markers and other emblem on the side like that, are those canadian plates??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bobs66440

nvrbdn

Quote from: chargerjy9 on July 18, 2012, 07:34:27 AM
My 73 has been in 2 films, one a made for TV movie and the other a Hollywood picture filmed here in Detroit to be released late this summer. In both cases they never touched my car, and in the last film, I drove it during the scene shoot. The production companies treated us well and paid us well.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, it is time my car paid it's way.

whats the name of the movie? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nh_mopar_fan

The scene the car is in is when the Virginia staties are responding to the murder. They come flying down a hill and then skid into the curb out front of a brownstone. It was shot in S. Boston :-)

Those are Viginia plates that they put on all the cars. I'm walking up the street in the scene. If you blink, you missed it  :lol:

The side markers etc were done by the original owner back in the day. I left it all on.

It was pretty cool. I stood behind the director who was watching what was going on inside the house on a monitor. Neat experience.

resq302

My charger was used for the stars car who was played by Anthony Lapaglia for a TV Movie pilot called Americana.  They used my car for a total of 2 days (one for its "audition" and the other for filming) and I got paid a total of $500.  Sadly, ABC Studios did not pick up the pilot so my car never really did get any "air" time.  The movie car company took fantastic care of my car and came back in excellent condition, the way it left.  Probably would do it again if I had the chance.  They also had a million dollar policy coverage on it from the movie car company who rented it from me as well as the production company having a million dollar policy on the car as well when it was on set if anything happened.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1974dodgecharger

That is one badass charger you have....im partial to 2nd gen, then 1st, and then 3rd due to the look of being 'mean' , but yours looks pretty mean sitting there.
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on July 18, 2012, 05:39:06 PM
Bah. They used my '67 in the movie "The Box" with Cameron Diaz. They used my wife's 66 Valiant ragtop as well.

It was just period correct window dressing. It was parked on the side of the road as the cops came flying by.

We got paid a couple hundred for each car and they also paid us as an extras. We got to spend a day on the set, they fed
us breakfast and lunch. It was fun.

Here's my wife in '70s costume on the set with the car

Wicked72

my mother inlaws saturn was in a movie i cant remember which one. its was in a parking lot that filmed and they were also extras in some dinner and that was their lunch as well. i think they got a couple hundred a piece for it. kinda cool. id like my car in a movie however no one can drive but me or leave her parked. id flip if there was damage caused...  :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected